A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:35:15 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GenX succumbs to country fever  (Read 3202 times)
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« on: July 04, 2012, 10:46:23 pm »

Tulsa World:  "New country" music station KTGX 106.1 The Twister, launched noon yesterday.
It replaced relative market newbie GenX Radio on the dial. No explanation was given for the switch-up.

Before that, the station was known as "KOOL 106.1" (with the call letters KQLL-FM) airing classic hits in 1990.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 06:19:21 am »

Did we need more country music on the radio?

I prefer old country or what is better described as beer bar, juke box country.

Power is nothing till you use it.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 07:17:22 am »

Did we need more country music on the radio?

I prefer old country or what is better described as beer bar, juke box country.

Yes, there are wide swaths on the FM dial that have no programming at all. They need to be filled up with Christian and Country Music ASAP so we can all ignore them while we listen to Pandora and Sirius.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 07:34:50 am »

Yes, there are wide swaths on the FM dial that have no programming at all. They need to be filled up with Christian and Country Music ASAP so we can all ignore them while we listen to Pandora and Sirius.

Podcasts and Songza for me
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 08:32:32 am »

KWGS, KWTU and Pandora.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2012, 08:41:34 am »

I want an FM radio station - would be a lot of fun - I would program it like Sirius Disorder (with a little added dash of public access)....that was good stuff while it lasted.  Common cause for NPR and Fox to fight against me on that.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org