A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:01:21 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zipline in Tulsa (well, outside Tulsa)  (Read 7783 times)
dioscorides
Civic Leader

« on: July 02, 2012, 04:43:22 pm »

has anyone tried this or know anyone who has:
http://www.postoakcanopytours.com/

i just found out about it and think that it looks fun.  i don't want to blow $90 if it is no good, though.

There is an ancient Celtic axiom that says 'Good people drink good beer.' Which is true, then as now. Just look around you in any public barroom and you will quickly see: bad people drink bad beer. Think about it. - Hunter S. Thompson
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 08:14:23 pm »

has anyone tried this or know anyone who has:
http://www.postoakcanopytours.com/

i just found out about it and think that it looks fun.  i don't want to blow $90 if it is no good, though.

One of the people we ride with has done it.  I’ll get her feedback and report.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
dioscorides
Civic Leader

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 08:34:56 pm »

Thanks!

There is an ancient Celtic axiom that says 'Good people drink good beer.' Which is true, then as now. Just look around you in any public barroom and you will quickly see: bad people drink bad beer. Think about it. - Hunter S. Thompson
GG
Philanthropist

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 09:00:18 pm »

I saw this on Discover Oklahoma Saturday evening.   It looks like a blast.  

We are going to Belize in October and they have Ziplines there too.   My wife and I are planning on doing it in Belize.   We will have to check out Postoak and do a trial run.   The kids are chickening out on doing this in Belize.   Bunch of light weights.

Trust but verify
zstyles
Philanthropist

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 07:53:32 am »

It just opened but love the marketing "Advance reservations are required. Book now, as canopy tour schedules traditionally fill quickly"
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012, 08:56:14 am »

Zipline, smipline... THIS is the FUN thing to do on 4th July holiday....

http://driveatank.com/

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2012, 09:10:24 am »

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2012, 09:56:56 am »

This looks freaking awesome. I am going to have to do this. No way will I be pushed out of a perfectly good plane. But being pushed off a platform and hitting close to 50 mph zipping through the air. I'm in.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
joiei
City Father

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2012, 10:07:46 am »

There is another zip-line that has been around for a couple of years.  It is at the Canebrake resort on Lake Ft Gibson beyond Wagoner.   
Zip-n-Sip, Saturday, June 30, 12-4 p.m.

Come ride the zip line then retire to the lounge for your choice of a flight of beer, red wine, white wine or a yummy dessert.  $50 ($35 zip only; $15 sip/dessert); Reservations required, call 918.485.1810

Mark your calendar for the next Zip-n-Sip’s:
July 28, Aug. 25, Sept. 29, Oct. 27, & Nov. 24

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2012, 12:45:25 pm »

This looks freaking awesome. I am going to have to do this. No way will I be pushed out of a perfectly good plane. But being pushed off a platform and hitting close to 50 mph zipping through the air. I'm in.

Haha!
50MPH? That's orbit velocity. Whee!
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2012, 01:03:26 pm »

Hey for 90 bucks I was a little sceptical. But after reading the web site. This takes up to 2 hours on 6 ziplines and plenty to see and do. Very impressive.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2012, 04:44:58 pm »

She said it’s six jumps for $90 and worth every penny.  She said to leap off the second one backwards for a real thrill.  Doesn’t mean anything to me since I’ve not done it, but there you go.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
dioscorides
Civic Leader

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2012, 04:57:03 pm »

She said it’s six jumps for $90 and worth every penny.  She said to leap off the second one backwards for a real thrill.  Doesn’t mean anything to me since I’ve not done it, but there you go.

thanks again!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org