A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:27:08 pm
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Downtown Hotels  (Read 23814 times)
dbacks fan
« Reply #60 on: February 15, 2013, 11:59:46 am »

Have you looked at yourself under a black light lately?  Grin

Yes, and I looked like a refugee from Chernobyl. The bright side is the third arm growing out of my forehead is great for holding my beer while I eat.  Wink
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #61 on: February 15, 2013, 12:53:46 pm »

How do you mark them?HuhHuhEmbarrassed

Small spot with a fine point ball point pen.  Tiny little dot that is extremely not obvious.  And move the position around.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #62 on: February 15, 2013, 01:53:59 pm »

Small spot with a fine point ball point pen.  Tiny little dot that is extremely not obvious.  And move the position around.

Wow.  I just get up in the morning and pull the sheets off the bed, wad them up and throw them in the corner.

Problem solved!

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #63 on: February 15, 2013, 02:51:44 pm »

Wow.  I just get up in the morning and pull the sheets off the bed, wad them up and throw them in the corner.

Problem solved!

Not my job.  Plus, they WILL just put them back on....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
dbacks fan
« Reply #64 on: February 15, 2013, 03:40:11 pm »

I just realized there is one thing in a hotel room that I don't use anymore, the remote for the TV. I have an app for that on my Galaxy.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #65 on: February 15, 2013, 04:00:38 pm »

I just realized there is one thing in a hotel room that I don't use anymore, the remote for the TV. I have an app for that on my Galaxy.

Hotel remotes always taste funny anyway.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #66 on: February 15, 2013, 04:14:24 pm »

I can stand outside a motel window and change the channel. It freaks out the people in the room.

Power is nothing till you use it.
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #67 on: February 15, 2013, 07:22:58 pm »

If you are the one that slept in them, why are you so worried about it?  If they were clean sheets when you checked in, unless you stay for more than a just a few days, is it a problem?
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #68 on: February 18, 2013, 10:22:01 pm »

If you are the one that slept in them, why are you so worried about it?  If they were clean sheets when you checked in, unless you stay for more than a just a few days, is it a problem?

At $125 a night, I don't think clean sheets every day is too much to ask for.  If I want to sleep in "used" sheets, I can do that cheaply at home or in an RV.  I could live with that for several days, typically.... besides, I want to get used to the kind of lifestyle I can have when I get to the 1% stage of life.  Fresh sheets every night!  Merry Maids cleaning every day.  Private chef....well, I guess that would actually be me....   Maybe a chauffeur??  Oh, yeah...I need a gardener, too!!

And, how would I know if they were clean sheets when I check in?  If they don't do what they SAY they will do when I am there watching, how could I have any expectation they are doing it when I am not there watching??

Stayed at Fairfield Inn (Marriott family of hotels) last night in Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana.  Sheets looked 'fresh'.....no bed spread - just a narrow decorative quilt like thing.  Cleaned - washed and dried - the remote first thing when I arrived.

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #69 on: February 19, 2013, 07:43:10 am »

Stayed at Fairfield Inn (Marriott family of hotels) last night in Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana. 

You stayed in three states simultaneously?
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #70 on: February 19, 2013, 01:07:18 pm »

You stayed in three states simultaneously?

Yep.  Well, not actually all 3...just 2...back and forth from one block to the next, going between Texas and Arkansas.  They just like to do a mind game association with Louisiana....

Nice old downtown area with a lot of older buildings in various stages of decay and restoration.  Many more have been lost.  One free "atta-boy" to you if you tell me the name of the city/town.  Should be trivial....

dbacks fan
« Reply #71 on: February 19, 2013, 05:27:04 pm »

Yep.  Well, not actually all 3...just 2...back and forth from one block to the next, going between Texas and Arkansas.  They just like to do a mind game association with Louisiana....

Nice old downtown area with a lot of older buildings in various stages of decay and restoration.  Many more have been lost.  One free "atta-boy" to you if you tell me the name of the city/town.  Should be trivial....

Texarkana.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 05:29:25 pm by dbacks fan » Logged
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #72 on: February 19, 2013, 08:23:48 pm »

Texarkana.

Yay, team!!  "Atta-boy"!!

Interesting town.  Doesn't look very prosperous, but some amazing architecture! 

custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #73 on: February 20, 2013, 12:06:42 am »

Texarkana.
Always makes me think of Smokey and the Bandit
dbacks fan
« Reply #74 on: February 20, 2013, 12:50:21 am »

Always makes me think of Smokey and the Bandit

That, and also the movie "The Town That Dreaded Sundown"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Town_That_Dreaded_Sundown

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075342/
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org