A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:33:46 am
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TFM - The Fresh Market  (Read 56064 times)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2012, 01:17:11 pm »

Was that a stylist?

Owned the hill.  Keith Belknap.  Made his money in Amway.  Died years ago and used to live in the building to the NE of the restaurant.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2012, 01:19:30 pm »

Owned the hill.  Keith Belknap.  Made his money in Amway.  Died years ago and used to live in the building to the NE of the restaurant.

Same as Belknap Studios?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2012, 01:38:45 pm »

Same as Belknap Studios?

Not sure.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2012, 01:44:33 pm »

Not sure.

Nevermind, that was Bill Belknap.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2012, 03:03:35 pm »

I knew that POS back in the day. He owned a company called "Champions" at 45th and Mingo right next to the Lot-A-Burger. He was a Diamond in Amway and I was taken to one of his put on rallies at the convention center and it just amounted to a bunch of A-holes bragging about how much money they made while stepping on their friends. A few years after his empire crumbled. I had a chance to see his personal bungalow at the top of that business. I was informed that he was very ill and dying at that time and I believe his extramarital exploits had finally caught up with him and ruined his marriage.
My disdain for the man is quite personal and even reading or hearing his name brings all that bad blood back to the surface.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2012, 03:08:54 pm »

I knew that POS back in the day. He owned a company called "Champions" at 45th and Mingo right next to the Lot-A-Burger. He was a Diamond in Amway and I was taken to one of his put on rallies at the convention center and it just amounted to a bunch of A-holes bragging about how much money they made while stepping on their friends. A few years after his empire crumbled. I had a chance to see his personal bungalow at the top of that business. I was informed that he was very ill and dying at that time and I believe his extramarital exploits had finally caught up with him and ruined his marriage.
My disdain for the man is quite personal and even reading or hearing his name brings all that bad blood back to the surface.

Yup, that's the guy.  Your opinion matches many.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2012, 12:52:27 pm »

MC and I went Saturday.  The place was a zoo but that is to be expected with the new factor.  I like the layout, pricing was quite reasonable, we got sockeye salmon, shrimp, beef tenderloin, and baby backs all for about what I expect to pay at Reasors and even less on some items.  Produce was all very fresh and they have some interesting gourmet items like duck fat.  I’ll be interested to see if the prices end up staying in the range they are in or if it’s simply grand opening specials.

We also ended up getting a couple of gallons of whole unpasteurized milk at Swan Brothers for our cheese project.

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2012, 01:09:24 pm »

We've been three times (we live nearby) and got baked goods, meat (the chicken breasts are a pound a piece) and some giant grapes. Eating cinnamon apple chips out of the bulk foods area as I type this.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2012, 01:31:43 pm »

I talked with one of the managers.  The prices are not "introductory."  The prices are set regionally, and they frequently shop other stores to make sure they are competitive.  I stopped by today and got a Turkey & Swiss wrap for lunch and a bottle of Blackstrap molasses for a few pork butts I'm doing this week.  The sandwich was awesome.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2012, 04:59:09 pm »

I talked with one of the managers.  The prices are not "introductory."  The prices are set regionally, and they frequently shop other stores to make sure they are competitive.  I stopped by today and got a Turkey & Swiss wrap for lunch and a bottle of Blackstrap molasses for a few pork butts I'm doing this week.  The sandwich was awesome.

How did you post this without mentioning the fact they carry 3 guys smokin'?
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2012, 06:31:28 am »

How did you post this without mentioning the fact they carry 3 guys smokin'?

Oh. . .and by the way. . . Grin

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2012, 09:42:21 am »

I will defiantly shop there because it is right by my neighborhood, and it really has a great atmosphere.  It reminds me of the Schnuck's store in Claton, Mo.  Gueed will probably be the only person who knows that analogy.

Or Maryland Heights, MO.  If they are like Schnuck's, they should be at least okay, if not pretty good...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2012, 09:47:36 am »

Did you get the pork there?

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2012, 10:16:47 am »

I feel like I'm getting a little weird about distance. 81st and Yale seems too far to reasonably go except on a special occasion. Even 41st and Harvard seems like it's too far for grocery shopping.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2012, 10:23:39 am »

I feel like I'm getting a little weird about distance. 81st and Yale seems too far to reasonably go except on a special occasion. Even 41st and Harvard seems like it's too far for grocery shopping.

Ohhh, mannnnn.... you gotta get out more!  Was in far east BA last weekend, and got a wild hair for some roots & shoots, so went to Whole Food to look around and buy a few things.  Will try to get to this new place this weekend - but it is much closer to where we will be this weekend.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org