A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:35:27 pm
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TFM - The Fresh Market  (Read 56063 times)
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« on: June 25, 2012, 02:54:30 pm »

I got a sneak peak at TFM on 81st and Yale today.  That place is NICE, and the prices are about the same as the Smile Pyramid across the street.  I also heard that they have other's planned in the area.  The produce section is amazing, as are the meats.  Great Deli too!

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 02:57:06 pm »

I got a sneak peak at TFM on 81st and Yale today.  That place is NICE, and the prices are about the same as the Smile Pyramid across the street.  I also heard that they have other's planned in the area.  The produce section is amazing, as are the meats.  Great Deli too!

How does it compare to Whole Paycheck, price-wise and food-wise?  Are they of the same no-artificial additive/preservative mentality?

My only complaint on WP is the store seems very cramped since it’s not exactly a purpose-built space for a grocery.  Just curious if the TFM is a little better organized.  When’s the grand opening to the public?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
dsjeffries
City Father

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 03:01:10 pm »

How does it compare to Whole Paycheck, price-wise and food-wise?  Are they of the same no-artificial additive/preservative mentality?

My only complaint on WP is the store seems very cramped since it’s not exactly a purpose-built space for a grocery.  Just curious if the TFM is a little better organized.  When’s the grand opening to the public?

Whole Foods in Brookside is about to expand again. I think they're now the only tenant in that building, other than the liquor store. They've been expanding since they bought the store from Wild Oats. It may help un-cramp Conan's style. Smiley

I'm excited for The Fresh Market. When does it open?

Change never happened because people were happy with the status quo.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 03:17:11 pm »

Whole Foods in Brookside is about to expand again. I think they're now the only tenant in that building, other than the liquor store. They've been expanding since they bought the store from Wild Oats. It may help un-cramp Conan's style. Smiley

I'm excited for The Fresh Market. When does it open?

Have you been to the WP in OKC?  It’s in a purpose-built facility- very nice.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 03:17:21 pm »

They are not a "health food" store like WF, but they do require that products meet a strict standard and be free of most of the bad stuff.  They have wide isles and awesome lighting.  The inside is arranged more like a farmer's market than a grocery store.  The employees are well groomed and I didn't once smell even a hint of pachouli.   The managers are very hands on.  Today was their local venders day and they spent time getting to know each of us.  From what I can tell, their prices seem quite a bit lower than WF, but I'm not the best judge of that, because I buy shiny things.

I will defiantly shop there because it is right by my neighborhood, and it really has a great atmosphere.  It reminds me of the Schnuck's store in Claton, Mo.  Gueed will probably be the only person who knows that analogy.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2012, 03:24:14 pm »

That’s only five miles from our house, an easy bicycle commute, only problem is in this heat, fresh stuff won’t stay very fresh in bicycle saddlebags for very long.

dsjeffries
City Father

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2012, 03:31:56 pm »

Have you been to the WP in OKC?  It’s in a purpose-built facility- very nice.

I know it is, but they're moving in the right direction at the Brookside location. It's a waiting game for leases to end, take over the space, remodel it and add it to the store. And I'm sure the new one at 91st & Yale will be very nice.

Change never happened because people were happy with the status quo.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2012, 08:16:48 pm »

That’s only five miles from our house, an easy bicycle commute, only problem is in this heat, fresh stuff won’t stay very fresh in bicycle saddlebags for very long.

Strap ice chests to the bikes.  (Put some ice in them too.)

Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2012, 09:26:03 pm »

I too look forward to TFM opening. http://www.thefreshmarket.com/ And I bet there are even some customers who wear patchouli oil.

There will be two new additions to the Tulsa health food grocery scene come 2013-14...41st and Harvard and 101st and Memorial.  Wink
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2012, 10:06:28 am »

Cramer Pits Whole Foods Market Vs. The Fresh Market

http://www.cnbc.com/id/47948429?__source=yahoo|headline|quote|text|&par=yahoo
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2012, 11:39:50 am »

I'll bet ice cream is a bee hotch!

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2012, 07:41:01 pm »

I too look forward to TFM opening. http://www.thefreshmarket.com/ And I bet there are even some customers who wear patchouli oil.

There will be two new additions to the Tulsa health food grocery scene come 2013-14...41st and Harvard and 101st and Memorial.  Wink

What is coming to 101st & Memorial
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2012, 07:45:55 pm »

What is coming to 101st & Memorial

Two chains merged, Sproutz and Sunflower. I don't know what they will call it and in that business it's not a certainty until they break the news.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2012, 06:44:21 am »

Two chains merged, Sproutz and Sunflower. I don't know what they will call it and in that business it's not a certainty until they break the news.

If you are talking about the SW corner, that has proven dismal for grocery chains.  The visibility is really bad.  Nothing in that little center has been able to survive for long.  Sinage and views are obscured by the bank from the stoplight.  It's a horrible design, and with WF and TFM within a few miles, I don't see how they will establish themselves.

Best of luck, but that spot has some really bad mojo.

Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2012, 06:46:52 am »

If you are talking about the SW corner, that has proven dismal for grocery chains.  The visibility is really bad.  Nothing in that little center has been able to survive for long.  Sinage and views are obscured by the bank from the stoplight.  It's a horrible design, and with WF and TFM within a few miles, I don't see how they will establish themselves.

Best of luck, but that spot has some really bad mojo.

se corner behind cvs but thanks for another one of YOUR lessons anyway.... Roll Eyes
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org