A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:08:55 am
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TFM - The Fresh Market  (Read 56075 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2012, 10:26:22 am »

And in case anyone missed the meat market thread, the beef tenderloin I got at TFM Saturday was by far the best fillet MC or I have had.  Damn that was a good meal last night!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2012, 11:26:03 am »

Ohhh, mannnnn.... you gotta get out more!  Was in far east BA last weekend, and got a wild hair for some roots & shoots, so went to Whole Food to look around and buy a few things.  Will try to get to this new place this weekend - but it is much closer to where we will be this weekend.

Perhaps, but I feel like I have far better things to do with my life than sit in the car. I can bike (or drive) to Reasor's, buy a bunch of stuff, and return home in about the time it would take me to get to 81st and Yale. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for nicer markets/better food, but not at the expense of the one thing I don't get more of: time. The time spent operating a car in town is completely lost to me. At least if I'm driving down some back road at high speed I'm having fun.

If we had good bus or trolley service to the point that it didn't take 3 hours to get across town I'd be more into that. One can do other things while riding the bus. I suppose if you want to drive like an idiot you can do other things while you drive, but I prefer to not be one of those morons.

I'm sure a day will come when I need to be down that way for some other reason and I'll stop in, but I seriously doubt it's worth a special trip.

I understand my POV seems odd to most here, given that many of you drive more than that distance to work every morning.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2012, 12:14:16 pm »

Ohhh, mannnnn.... you gotta get out more!  Was in far east BA last weekend, and got a wild hair for some roots & shoots, so went to Whole Food to look around and buy a few things.  Will try to get to this new place this weekend - but it is much closer to where we will be this weekend.

Where did you go in far East B.A.?

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2012, 12:36:19 pm »

Did you get the pork there?

Unfortunately, they don't carry bone-in pork shoulder.  Got it at Perry's for a couple bucks a pound.  I could have gotten it at Sam's for about $1/lb, but didn't want to drive across town. 

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2012, 12:40:39 pm »

Perhaps, but I feel like I have far better things to do with my life than sit in the car. I can bike (or drive) to Reasor's, buy a bunch of stuff, and return home in about the time it would take me to get to 81st and Yale. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for nicer markets/better food, but not at the expense of the one thing I don't get more of: time. The time spent operating a car in town is completely lost to me. At least if I'm driving down some back road at high speed I'm having fun.

If we had good bus or trolley service to the point that it didn't take 3 hours to get across town I'd be more into that. One can do other things while riding the bus. I suppose if you want to drive like an idiot you can do other things while you drive, but I prefer to not be one of those morons.

I'm sure a day will come when I need to be down that way for some other reason and I'll stop in, but I seriously doubt it's worth a special trip.

I understand my POV seems odd to most here, given that many of you drive more than that distance to work every morning.

Sometimes I drive to the mailbox to get the mail. . . while posting on TulsaNow.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #50 on: July 03, 2012, 12:51:19 pm »

Where did you go in far East B.A.?

Visiting friends and family.  Stopped at the new Wally on the way...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #51 on: July 03, 2012, 01:05:43 pm »

Visiting friends and family.  Stopped at the new Wally on the way...

Ok cool. Thought I missed something out by my house.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #52 on: July 03, 2012, 01:10:20 pm »

Ok cool. Thought I missed something out by my house.

I think the only activities out there are either Safari's or the navigation channel campground.  Not much else.  Oh,... there is Salvatore's... or used to be - haven't been there in a couple years.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #53 on: July 03, 2012, 02:07:38 pm »

Sometimes I drive to the mailbox to get the mail. . . while posting on TulsaNow.

I tried once. The car got stuck before I could get it up onto the porch.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #54 on: July 03, 2012, 02:09:34 pm »

I tried once. The car got stuck before I could get it up onto the porch.

The secret is momentum.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #55 on: July 03, 2012, 02:15:11 pm »

The secret is momentum.

Or several friends... a bunch of us picked up the neighbor's VW beetle one time and put it on his porch so it was closer to being inside... just wouldn't quite fit in the door....

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #56 on: July 03, 2012, 04:15:50 pm »

Or several friends... a bunch of us picked up the neighbor's VW beetle one time and put it on his porch so it was closer to being inside... just wouldn't quite fit in the door....

Ha. The football team picked up and turned our Coach VW sideways in the parking lot between two cars.
Man that was a lot of laps we had to run.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #57 on: July 03, 2012, 04:40:06 pm »

Ha. The football team picked up and turned our Coach VW sideways in the parking lot between two cars.
Man that was a lot of laps we had to run.

They did it to Coach Hargis’ Honda CVCC at Jenks.  I think those weighed quite a bit less than the beetles.  Another time, we didn’t completely pick up a Toyota Tercel, but we did manage to bounce the rear end enough by lifting on the rear bumper to put it’s donkey end up on a curb.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #58 on: July 03, 2012, 04:52:35 pm »

They did it to Coach Hargis’ Honda CVCC at Jenks.  I think those weighed quite a bit less than the beetles.  Another time, we didn’t completely pick up a Toyota Tercel, but we did manage to bounce the rear end enough by lifting on the rear bumper to put it’s donkey end up on a curb.

A bachelor party I held for my cousin years ago, one of his co-worker/friends drove a VW Rabbit.  We would up at one of the Brookside bars (Sunset Grill) late in the evening, but couldn't find a parking spot.  Until we found one just big enough for the Rabbit.  Five of us deadlifted this thing into the parking spot.  I'm sure the car parked behind wasn't happy.   Grin

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #59 on: July 05, 2012, 08:37:31 am »

Unfortunately, they don't carry bone-in pork shoulder.  Got it at Perry's for a couple bucks a pound.  I could have gotten it at Sam's for about $1/lb, but didn't want to drive across town. 

Sam's has the liquid injected stuff.  How does that work for you?  (Seems like it would not be optimum due to skewing of the flavor spectrum...?)

Will have to check Perry's - haven't been there since north Lewis store - not even 11th and Lewis - you can tell how long that has been....  I guess I would expect them to not mess with the meat more than I would expect that from the WalMart Empire.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org