A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:21:43 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TFM - The Fresh Market  (Read 56061 times)
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2012, 06:58:11 am »

se corner behind cvs but thanks for another one of YOUR lessons anyway.... Roll Eyes

Well, that's certainly better.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2012, 07:33:44 am »

se corner behind cvs but thanks for another one of YOUR lessons anyway.... Roll Eyes

Right next to Aldi? That makes sense.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2012, 11:45:03 am »

Here's my review:

1) Not much organic....Reasor's has better variety of organics
2) Too much product with sodium, fat, and sugar
3) Prepared foods were meh
4) Nice wide aisles but inconsistency causes jams (this will be alleviated once traffic slows to a crawl)
5) Nice lighting
6) Nice employees (too many but that's because of their grand opening)
7) Plastic bags (paper only upon request)
Cool can't comment on the meats
9)prices were slashed on similar items carried at Whole Paycheck to win some loyalty but this will be temporary...

Overall: B+ appearance...C+ on product

There was car debris on Yale ...be very careful going in and out. Looks like several fender benders already being so distanced from the corner with only one way in and out.

Conclusion: This south side Petty's type store, akin to the Market that got clobbered at King's Pointe, will do ok and is a nice store. BUT, it will get killed in Spring of 14 when Whole Paycheck opens at 91st a mile south.

Mr and MrsConan...bikey on over there at 4....adjust my review if you make it home....drink water. Grin
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2012, 11:47:48 am »

Mr and MrsConan...bikey on over there at 4....adjust my review if you make it home....drink water. Grin

Doing the Shell Creek loop tonight.  We will have to check it out Saturday morning.

Car access to their parking lot is northbound only?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2012, 11:50:02 am »

Doing the Shell Creek loop tonight.  We will have to check it out Saturday morning.

Car access to their parking lot is northbound only?

No....Southbound too....just lots of traffic to cut through.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2012, 12:01:02 pm »

Went at lunch.  It was packed and they were giving out all kinds of samples.  The meat, cheese, and seafood counters are the most amazing part of the store in my opinion.  I checked out all of the meat and seafood, and it was awesome product.  The meat prices are actually better than Reasor's on many products and better than most of the crappy stuff across the street at Food Beeromid.  They have a chalkboard out front where they post their current specials and fresh seafood arrivals.

The salad bar and olive bar was great.  They also have apple pies on sale from the bakery that look amazing with very artistic hand rolled crusts.  I may have to pick one of those up this evening when me and the wife go back.

There were 3 cars in the Food Pyramid lot.  I'm wondering what will go in there when FP closes down?

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2012, 12:03:00 pm »

Went at lunch.  It was packed and they were giving out all kinds of samples.  The meat, cheese, and seafood counters are the most amazing part of the store in my opinion.  I checked out all of the meat and seafood, and it was awesome product.  The meat prices are actually better than Reasor's on many products and better than most of the crappy stuff across the street at Food Beeromid.  They have a chalkboard out front where they post their current specials and fresh seafood arrivals.

The salad bar and olive bar was great.  They also have apple pies on sale from the bakery that look amazing with very artistic hand rolled crusts.  I may have to pick one of those up this evening when me and the wife go back.

There were 3 cars in the Food Pyramid lot.  I'm wondering what will go in there when FP closes down?

FP will not be closing...they make money on all their locations here....
tulsa_fan
Civic Leader

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2012, 12:14:15 pm »

thanks for the info, I look forward to checking out the meat, I usually buy reasors, but this will be closer for sure! 

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2012, 12:19:09 pm »

Do they have a good price on ahi tuna?

Clown, did you pass your Geiger counter over the fish?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2012, 12:21:22 pm »

Do they have a good price on ahi tuna?

Clown, did you pass your Geiger counter over the fish?

Why bother...it hurts to go to ITR and order veggie fried rice instead of a lock and loll loll...

BTW, saw where Greg finally announced the resurrection of En Fuego at 61st! Great visibility!
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2012, 12:40:28 pm »

Why bother...it hurts to go to ITR and order veggie fried rice instead of a lock and loll loll...

BTW, saw where Greg finally announced the resurrection of En Fuego at 61st! Great visibility!

En Fuego was somewhat lost on me.

Is he putting it where ITR at 61st is now?  I hope they do something about the acoustics in that place, it’s beyond noisy.

Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2012, 12:59:34 pm »

En Fuego was somewhat lost on me.

Is he putting it where ITR at 61st is now?  I hope they do something about the acoustics in that place, it’s beyond noisy.

No. He is building it where the small office bldg exists to the immediate east adjoining the big lower lot. Very smart tear down to rebuild. Home run...

Tequilla!
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2012, 01:03:36 pm »

No. He is building it where the small office bldg exists to the immediate east adjoining the big lower lot. Very smart tear down to rebuild. Home run...

Tequilla!

Belknap's old place?
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2012, 01:07:25 pm »

Belknap's old place?

Was that a stylist?

Building must be 50 years old at least. Ugly!

This development will help 61st and Sheridan. I understand Fishbonz will also be transformed....
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2012, 01:16:57 pm »

Home run...

Agreed.

Probably the best south Tulsa view of downtown.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org