A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:47:29 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Los Americas Latin Grill  (Read 2819 times)
MrsConan
Citizen

« on: June 25, 2012, 01:53:33 pm »

Location(s) Being Reviewed: Los Americas Latin Grill
Date/Time of Visit: June 22, 2012
Quality of Food (1-5): 1
Menu/Food Options (1-5): 4
Quality of Service (1-5): 1
Atmosphere (1-5): 4
Overall Rating (1-5): 1
Price ($-$$$$$):  $
What makes this restaurant unique: Except for the live music, nothing.  I was impressed though.....she knew all the words by heart.

Tell us about your experience:

I really hate to bash a place, but I would not waste time here unless you bought a Groupon.  I thought the salsa was good, but the rest was very average, very bland Mexican cuisine at best.  One dish was grilled chicken, beef ribs, and Argentinian chorizo, overcooked and served on a way-too-hot cast iron plate so it continued to overcook at the table.  No seasoning at all, not even salt and pepper. Chorizo has fennel in it?  Tasted more like a weak Italian sausage.  The other dish, a stewed pork that should have been drowned in spices and stock and cooked until it was good and happy was cheated out of it's spicy, all-day bath.  Tough and bland.  Waitress substituted side dishes without asking and had to be reminded of what came with our meals.  I guess we should have partaken of the tequila bar first. The food might have been better.

tulsa_fan
Civic Leader

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 06:59:43 am »

Is this the one on 51st near Yale?  I haven't heard good things about it either, but I do like to go to the one on 3rd or 6th . . . along with the laundry mat, grocery store and hair salon  Smiley

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 07:20:25 am »

Yep, it’s in the old Green Onion location.  We’ve eaten at Casa Laredo downtown and absolutely loved it.  Other than the chips and salsa, that’s where the favorable comparisons ended.  I was excited to have an Argentinian-style grill not far from the house, but un-seasoned meat over-cooked on a gas grill then put on a cast iron serving skillet which was way too hot showed a total lack of understanding about meat.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org