A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:40:57 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "The president. . . seems incapable of stimulating the economy or the voters"  (Read 3330 times)
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« on: June 04, 2012, 08:22:22 am »

The power of Bill Clinton truly is absolute.  After a few damming words the liberal media begins to turn on President Obama

Maureen Dowd has lost the tingle.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/03/opinion/sunday/dowd-dreaming-of-a-superhero.html?_r=1&ref=opinion

On Thursday, Bill Clinton once more telegraphed that he considers Obama a lightweight who should not have bested his wife. Bluntly contradicting the Obama campaign theme that Romney is a heartless corporate raider, Clinton told CNN that the Republican’s record at Bain was “sterling.”

On Friday, an ugly job market report led to the stock market’s worst day of the year. As the recovery flat-lined, the president conceded to a crowd at a Honeywell factory in Golden Valley, Minn., that “our economy is still facing some serious headwinds” and getting sucked further into Europe’s sinkhole. In depressing imagery for the start of the summer campaign, cable channels carried the red Dow arrow pointing down while Obama spoke; the Dow wiped out all of its 2012 gains.

The president who started off with such dazzle now seems incapable of stimulating either the economy or the voters. His campaign is offering Obama 2012 car magnets for a donation of $10; cat collars reading “I Meow for Michelle” for $12; an Obama grill spatula for $40, and discounted hoodies and T-shirts. How the mighty have fallen.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 08:45:09 am »

The president who started off with such dazzle now seems incapable of stimulating either the economy or the voters. His campaign is offering Obama 2012 car magnets for a donation of $10; cat collars reading “I Meow for Michelle” for $12; an Obama grill spatula for $40, and discounted hoodies and T-shirts. How the mighty have fallen.

Maybe the cat collar and a pair of these might look good...

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 08:52:58 am »

But, it’s not his fault!  It’s the obstinate Tea Baggers in Congress!  It’s the greedy corporatists and GOP bundlers who have no problem hurting millions by not giving them well-deserved jobs until after Obama is out!  It’s Faux News!  It’s Bush!  It’s the bogeyman in my closet!

Anyone notice when you challenge someone to point out all the great economic accomplishments in this administration, the answer is blame for something else or simply devolves into personal attacks?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 08:55:18 am »

But, it’s not his fault!  It’s the obstinate Tea Baggers in Congress!  It’s the greedy corporatists and GOP bundlers who have no problem hurting millions by not giving them well-deserved jobs until after Obama is out!  It’s Faux News!  It’s Bush!  It’s the bogeyman in my closet!

Anyone notice when you challenge someone to point out all the great economic accomplishments in this administration, the answer is blame for something else or simply devolves into personal attacks?

DUDE!  YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND.  YOU'RE DELUSIONAL!

Anyone who can't see the amazing accomplishments of this president is smoking bath salts.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 08:57:07 am »

DUDE!  YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND.  YOUR DELUSIONAL!

Anyone who can't see the amazing accomplishments of this president is smoking bath salts.

Fixed for appropriate government school grammar.  Otherwise, spot-on!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2012, 08:59:12 am »

Appears we got a "game-o-cracker" thread goin' here boys.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2012, 09:02:12 am »

Appears we got a "game-o-cracker" thread goin' here boys.

Cracker!?!  That’s a racial slur!

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2012, 09:07:15 am »

Cracker!?!  That’s a racial slur!

You're so far off it colors the road.  PM me and I'll explain it.  Don't have lunch in front of you though.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2012, 02:44:58 pm »

I'll just leave this here. It's inflation and population adjusted government spending. Enjoy some fact.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 02:47:11 pm by nathanm » Logged

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2012, 03:03:00 pm »

I'll just leave this here. It's a goat wearing a lovely hat. Enjoy the photo.

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2012, 03:53:58 pm »

Spending cuts are now stimulus. Got it.

Nice pic, btw. It looks like my third cousin twice removed's wife.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2012, 07:02:58 pm »

You're so far off it colors the road.  PM me and I'll explain it.  Don't have lunch in front of you though.

To all, think of the CJC in here, sans the imagery.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2012, 01:05:41 pm »

You've heard it everywhere else.  Here's Obama singing it:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/videos/2012/06/05/obama-sings-call-me-maybe.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org