A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:55:09 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Warning "RANT" If I hear one more time...................  (Read 5107 times)
GG
Philanthropist

« on: May 31, 2012, 07:21:04 pm »

About how conservative a candidate is and they should be elected simply because they are conservative, I'm going to scream.   

Is that the focus group magic word in Oklahoma?   Heaven help us if it is. 

Heard a commercial today for Dean Martin on the radio.  The main reason he gave for electing him as County Clerk was because he has 30 years business experience and he was conservative.   Why does it matter if someone is conservative if they are the County Clerk.   It's an administrative position, which probably should not be an elected office to begin with.   The County Commissioners should hire someone and be done with it. 

I checked out his website and it really does not specify what he has done with his 30 years of business experience.  He worked in industrial/oilfield distribution?   Are they out of business now?   Who are these companies he has been so successful at supposedly? 

http://www.deanmartinok.com/about-dean-martin

I will not be voting for this clown.

Ok I am done.   Carry on with your regularly scheduled program.   

Trust but verify
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 07:51:29 pm »

If it makes you feel any better about our local crop, I saw something in either the SF Chronicle or LA Times discussing Pelosi's qualifications. It was a list and 9 out of 10 were winning elections. Is that really an accomplishment when you've been in congress as long as she has?

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 01:58:17 pm »

In answer to your question - yes, it is the magic word.  Because the people voting for these clowns really ARE just that stupid.

I think nathan (??) had a comment about how not all conservatives are necessarily stupid, but all stupid people are conservatives.  That is why the tea bagger method of government is so popular now.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 02:07:48 pm »

About how conservative a candidate is and they should be elected simply because they are conservative, I'm going to scream.   

Is that the focus group magic word in Oklahoma?   Heaven help us if it is. 

Heard a commercial today for Dean Martin on the radio.  The main reason he gave for electing him as County Clerk was because he has 30 years business experience and he was conservative.   Why does it matter if someone is conservative if they are the County Clerk.   It's an administrative position, which probably should not be an elected office to begin with.   The County Commissioners should hire someone and be done with it. 

I checked out his website and it really does not specify what he has done with his 30 years of business experience.  He worked in industrial/oilfield distribution?   Are they out of business now?   Who are these companies he has been so successful at supposedly? 

http://www.deanmartinok.com/about-dean-martin

I will not be voting for this clown.

Ok I am done.   Carry on with your regularly scheduled program.   

GG, I recall during a county commissioner election a few years back Anna Falling was talking about marriage being between one man and one woman and being pro-life.

Again, county commissioner?

I don’t care about where my county commissioners stand on stuff like that, I want to know relevant things like what they are going to with all the kickback money they will get from contractors.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 03:29:18 pm »

GG, I recall during a county commissioner election a few years back Anna Falling was talking about marriage being between one man and one woman and being pro-life.

Again, county commissioner?

I don’t care about where my county commissioners stand on stuff like that, I want to know relevant things like what they are going to with all the kickback money they will get from contractors.

You're such a pragmatist. Cheesy Cynical too, but that's become very fashionable. I met Rani Miller recently in a business setting. She was totally different than I remember her. The things people have to do to be elected, to get anything done and to retain your integrity is staggering.

onward...through the fog
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2012, 11:00:55 pm »

I was always wondering how much better filing court documents with the Tulsa County District Court clerk would be if it were run by a conservative.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2012, 07:36:51 am »

I was always wondering how much better filing court documents with the Tulsa County District Court clerk would be if it were run by a conservative.

Probably have a smidge more Jesus sprinkled on it.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2012, 04:49:58 pm »

Probably have a smidge more Jesus sprinkled on it.

I'm all for crushing communion wafers, mixing them with wine, and dumping the mixture on every document filed. It can take the place of the stamp they presently use.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2012, 04:03:11 pm »

Looks like there's some shenanigans happening again...

Tulsa County Clerk's Race Recount Scheduled

http://www.newson6.com/story/19431432/tulsa-county-clerks-race-recount-scheduled?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

TULSA, Oklahoma - The recount that will decide the Tulsa County Clerk's race was scheduled Friday.
Pat Key won Tuesday's election over challenger Dean Martin by 179 votes.

Martin claims he found more than 200 voting irregularities in ballots, and asked for the votes to be counted again.

The order for recount has been filed with the county election board and it is going to happen next Thursday morning, September 6.

This is the latest in what has already been a contentious race after Martin's son caught one of Key's workers stealing campaign signs
GG
Philanthropist

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2012, 07:50:02 pm »

Looks like there's some shenanigans happening again...

Tulsa County Clerk's Race Recount Scheduled

http://www.newson6.com/story/19431432/tulsa-county-clerks-race-recount-scheduled?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I wish I had thought of that.   I had signs stolen out of my yard during the last Owasso City Council election.  Little the the perp know I had 100 or so Jeri Moberly signs in my garage.   But I wish I had thought about the pet locator, it would have been satisfying to figure out who was stealing the signs out of my yard.

Trust but verify
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org