A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:54:56 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Move Along Boys-Progress Is On the Way!  (Read 2288 times)
waterboy
« on: May 25, 2005, 09:40:36 am »

Through my contacts with "high people in low places" (pun intended) it turns out that the squatters along the river from 11th street to Newblock Park have been told to move farther up the river to 33rd West Avenue.  

For those who are not aware, there are about a hundred people living in the treed area between the levee and the river. A combination of homeless, substance abusers, and criminals live in this tent netherland, migrating to the shelters, Trinity, and liquor stores each day then returning for fun and frolic each evening. Concealed carry laws or any laws but those of nature are of no concern to them. I make no judgement only observation.

This insider alleges that they have been promised a power source, perhaps generators, and the "see no evil" attitude of policing to continue if they comply.  Who "They" are was not clear to them and I am trying to find out if it was the private owners or the city or both. Of course the property at 33rd is privately owned but it is a moot point since no policing is active and the landowners are not anxious to enforce their rights by engaging this rag tag group.  Cities all over America face the same challenge in their downtown and riverside areas.

Hey...maybe they are going to build that arena! Is this a sign that more improvements besides bus stops and drainage improvements are on their way to Charles Page Boulevard just West of the new Arena?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org