A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:22:35 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: El Rio Verde  (Read 7644 times)
Boksooner
Activist

« on: May 25, 2012, 03:30:22 pm »

Location(s) Being Reviewed: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=38+N+Trenton+Ave,Tulsa,OK,74120

Date/Time of Visit: Thursday July 25/11:30am
Quality of Food (1-5): 5
Menu/Food Options (1-5): 5
Quality of Service (1-5): 4
Atmosphere (1-5): 4
Overall Rating (1-5): 5
Price ($-$$$$$): $
What makes this restaurant unique:

The food is outstanding.  The food is very authentic. I had the Camarones a la Diabla (shrimp in a very spicy red sauce). It had a nice spice note with out overpowering the shrimp. I like very spicy foods, so keep that in mind before you order it. It's served with refried beans, rice and corn tortillas. The sauce went equally well with the beans and rice as with the shrimp.

My colleagues all order the dish they El Rio Verde is known for, the wet burrito. Everyone had great thinks to say.

They have a shrimp and octopus ceviche that I am excited to try next time I go.

They have a small dinning area, so I recommend getting there early for lunch. It was packed within minutes of our arrival.
Ronnie Lowe
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 04:34:23 pm »

Rio Verde is very popular with the local hipsters who have been known to eat breakfast/brunch there on weekends.  Tucked away in an out of the way neighborhood, it's the kind of well kept secret that draws college educated, urbanite types.  Definitely not a franchise.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 06:36:53 pm »

mmmmm!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 06:49:38 pm »

Hipster hangout? I'd venture to say Mexicanos, blue collar workers, and downtown lunch grabbers have the hipsters 10 to 1.

Rio Verde is good food and a good experience of an authentic Mexican diner.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2012, 06:48:21 am »

Hipster hangout? I'd venture to say Mexicanos, blue collar workers, and downtown lunch grabbers have the hipsters 10 to 1.

Bingo...No hipsters there....

Boksooner
Activist

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2012, 07:02:27 pm »

It is definitely an eclectic clientele at lunch. It is going into the rotation with Tacos El Rinconcito for authentic, hole in the wall places.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2012, 07:07:19 pm »

It is definitely an eclectic clientele at lunch. It is going into the rotation with Tacos El Rinconcito for authentic, hole in the wall places.

No fair, slap a new one on us and not even bother to tell us the location?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Boksooner
Activist

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2012, 10:32:08 pm »

No fair, slap a new one on us and not even bother to tell us the location?

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=4705+S+Braden+Ave,Tulsa,OK,74135

It's on the street behind the QT and car dealership at 51st and Yale.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2012, 12:02:28 pm »

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=4705+S+Braden+Ave,Tulsa,OK,74135

It's on the street behind the QT and car dealership at 51st and Yale.

Little strip center?  That’s an easy bike ride from the house.  Mrs. C and I will have to try it.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
rdj
City Father

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2012, 01:09:26 pm »

Tacos El Rinconcito is my favorite Mexican food south of 11th Street.  It's on Braden between Skelly & 51st St.  The "strip center" consists of a laundromat and a Ryan's Convenience Store.

They have great chorizo and IMO the best re-fried beans in town.  I took a friend there last week and he ate the beans so fast I couldn't even ask if he liked them before they were gone.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
jamesrage
Philanthropist

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2012, 07:42:00 pm »

I enjoy El Rio Verde.I like their mexican eggrolls, tacos and shrimp and scallop quesadilla That place can be packed during lunch though.

My other favorite mom and pop Mexican restaurant is El Burrito on Pittsburgh and Admiral pl. It is as good as El Rio Verde.

A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org