A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:27:29 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OHP Roadblocks Target Downtown Bars, Restaurants  (Read 14963 times)
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« on: May 24, 2012, 10:45:15 pm »

OHP Roadblocks Target Downtown Bars, Restaurants
http://www.ktul.com/story/18611387/dui-checkpoint-scheduled-for-downtown

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 08:36:39 am »

They're also focusing on downtown due to the number of bars and restaurants that serve alcohol.]They're also focusing on downtown due to the number of bars and restaurants that serve alcohol.

A sign of success for Downtown.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 08:53:03 am »

I always carry a box of donuts with me in case I need to bribe a cop.

Power is nothing till you use it.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2012, 09:01:01 am »

I always carry a box of donuts with me in case I need to bribe a cop.

They are targeting the I75 exit into downtown coming from the North

It's the first of several scheduled for the metro area.  Troopers will be posted at 7:00 p.m. through early Friday morning at the 7th street exit from southbound Highway 75
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2012, 09:14:55 am »

The message: Quit getting drunk at the cheap bars outside of the city or in your mom's basement. Get drunk at the pricy bars who pay us sales tax.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2012, 02:15:30 pm »

They are targeting the I75 exit

US 75?

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2012, 05:01:55 pm »

Maybe not; from the Whirled:

The checkpoint at 8th Street and Frankfort Avenue was the OHP's kick-off of saturation patrols across the area during the Memorial Day weekend, said OHP Lt. George Brown.

Of the arrests, seven were for DUI, one for drug possession and one other felony arrest. Ten citations were issued for transporting an open container, 10 were issued for no insurance and 13 for driving without a license or while under suspension.
Troopers also issued 47 warnings for various offenses, according to the OHP. Twelve vehicles were towed due to arrests.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2012, 05:18:42 pm »

Ten citations were issued for transporting an open container,

I believe "open container" can be a cup of coffee or any beverage without a lid on it.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2012, 05:21:40 pm »

I believe "open container" can be a cup of coffee or any beverage without a lid on it.

In Oklahoma?  You betcha!

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2015, 05:00:43 pm »

Last nights police roadblock near a Tulsa gay bar was a fabulous success:

TULSA, Oklahoma - Tulsa Police made 16 arrests during a DUI checkpoint overnight. Officers set up around 5th and Lewis in a special enforcement event.

In four and a half hours, police stopped 208 vehicles, made 16 arrests and issued 107 citations.

Twelve people were arrested for DUI, four for marijuana possession and one on an outstanding warrant.

Oklahoma Highway Patrol, Sand Springs Police and the ABLE Commission helped TPD with the DUI checkpoint, funded by an Oklahoma Highway Safety Office DUI enforcement grant.

TeeDub
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2015, 08:17:38 am »

Last nights police roadblock near a Tulsa gay bar was a fabulous success:

TULSA, Oklahoma - Tulsa Police made 16 arrests during a DUI checkpoint overnight. Officers set up around 5th and Lewis in a special enforcement event.

I don't know what you mean targeting minorities...   That sounds racist.   
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2015, 02:43:41 pm »

Outstanding success! Nearly 6% of the vehicles they stopped were guilty of the crime they were stopped for. A great day for the 4th Amendment.

or

Big government intrudes on the lives of citizens and illegally stops every citizens trying to legally go to downtown Tulsa and spend money. They were wrong almost 95% of the time and did nothing but mess with law abiding citizens. With no reasonable suspicion they pulled everyone over for the crimes of less than 6% of the population. Assume guilty, stop everyone, declare success. the 4th Amendment is crying.
- - -

Drunk driving is bad. Freedom from unreasonable search and seizure is more important.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2015, 09:50:30 am »

Outstanding success! Nearly 6% of the vehicles they stopped were guilty of the crime they were stopped for. A great day for the 4th Amendment.

or

Big government intrudes on the lives of citizens and illegally stops every citizens trying to legally go to downtown Tulsa and spend money. They were wrong almost 95% of the time and did nothing but mess with law abiding citizens. With no reasonable suspicion they pulled everyone over for the crimes of less than 6% of the population. Assume guilty, stop everyone, declare success. the 4th Amendment is crying.
- - -

Drunk driving is bad. Freedom from unreasonable search and seizure is more important.

Or maybe it was just to take the air out of the Center of the Universe Music Festival, the same way they do Oktoberfest, Mayfest, and pretty much any effort Tulsa makes to keep the sidewalks from rolling up at night.  And we wonder why businesses wont locate here.

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2015, 11:15:18 am »

Somewhere Smoot is smiling.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2015, 02:14:44 pm »

Somewhere Smoot is smiling.

HA! Insert bad Haircut picture here.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org