A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:57:15 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Grassroots Urban Residential Effort  (Read 2272 times)
DwnTwnTul
Activist

« on: May 24, 2005, 03:33:50 pm »

All too often I complain that there are not any affordable, attractive urban residential developments in this city.  In fact, it’s come to the point that I have seriously considered moving simply so I don’t have to listen to myself anymore.   So what keeps me from following this notion?  Perhaps fear that the grass isn’t really as green as it appears from my current perspective, perhaps it is that I consider Tulsa home, or maybe it’s my strong desire to never give up and to prove others wrong.  Whatever the case, today is the day that I’ve decided to stop complaining and to actually do something.  Therefore, I am considering either building or renovating a piece of property in or near the downtown area that is both uniquely urban and developed for less than $200K.  Unfortunately, the most capital I could currently afford is about $20K (10% of my goal).  

As I respect and value the opinions of the participants of this forum, I would appreciate any advice.  Is this a lost cause?  Does a young individual with little capital stand much of a chance?  Do others share my dream and limited financial resources?  If so, are these individuals willing to collaborate to construct a “multi-family”?   What’s the best way of procuring land?  Know of any affordable architects who design urban dwellings?  What about contractors?  Any advice regarding the financing of such a venture?  (treat is as an individual construction loan converting to a mortgage, or are they any opportunities to treat it as a business and obtain an SBA loan?)

These are just a few of the many questions which I’d appreciate your input.  

Thanks!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org