A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 04:47:17 am
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gay Superheros  (Read 20809 times)
DolfanBob
City Father

« on: May 22, 2012, 12:10:58 pm »

I am posting this here because comics are supposed to be entertaining.

What the he!! is going on? DC Comics have announced that one of their Superheros is going to come out of the closet as soon as June, and they wont say which one as to feed on the speculation from their readers.

'Astonishing X-Men'(sic) plan a same-sex wedding. Gay mutant hero Northstar proposes to his longtime boyfriend Kyle.

My whole life I have never said that you could not be gay. Just dont be in my face with all the "You have to respect us" shoved down my throat. What you do in your private life with whom you want to is your business. Not mine.
But the comics I grew up with had no sexual type of references and todays kids should not be subjected to that kind of opinion while trying to escape into a fictional story about their heros.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 12:26:12 pm by DolfanBob » Logged

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 12:26:09 pm »

Didn't Marvel do this years ago?

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 12:39:17 pm »

I would have guessed BatMan. He lived with a man and they both wore tights. They had a pole in their living room. His name was Bruce.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012, 12:42:40 pm »

Didn't Marvel do this years ago?

I thought SNL did it..

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
dioscorides
Civic Leader

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2012, 12:46:21 pm »

What you do in your private life with whom you want to is your business. Not mine.
But the comics I grew up with had no sexual type of references and todays kids should not be subjected to that kind of opinion while trying to escape into a fictional story about their heros.

judging by this list, i am pretty sure the private lives of superheroes have been in comics for awhile:
http://io9.com/5907029/10-insanely-awkward-superhero-romantic-subplots

There is an ancient Celtic axiom that says 'Good people drink good beer.' Which is true, then as now. Just look around you in any public barroom and you will quickly see: bad people drink bad beer. Think about it. - Hunter S. Thompson
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2012, 01:10:48 pm »

I would have guessed BatMan. He lived with a man and they both wore tights. They had a pole in their living room. His name was Bruce.

And his roommate was Dick.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2012, 03:15:58 pm »

So your saying that the comics you grew up with never had romantic relationships, weddings, dating or any of that?  I distinctly remember iconic couples like Superman and Lois Lane, and Spiderman and Mary Jane Watson (though this was not his only love interest).  Or is it only a sexual reference when it reminds you that there are people out there that are different from you?
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2012, 03:16:38 pm »

Oh, and you should probably stay away from DC's new 52. 
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2012, 03:22:17 pm »

Hello?. . .They're all gay. 

Marvel will soon announce that all superheros are gay.  They've tried to drop hints for decades, but you people are just too dense to pick up on it.  Spandex, glittery masks, capes, and hooker-boots, come on people, do they have to spell it out for you?

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2012, 04:23:00 pm »

I'm thinking it's going to be Wonder Woman and Lady Blackhawk.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2012, 04:56:28 pm »

I thought SNL did it..

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohMNGeYGg6w[/youtube]

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2012, 06:04:09 pm »

I am posting this here because comics are supposed to be entertaining.

What the he!! is going on? DC Comics have announced that one of their Superheros is going to come out of the closet as soon as June, and they wont say which one as to feed on the speculation from their readers.

'Astonishing X-Men'(sic) plan a same-sex wedding. Gay mutant hero Northstar proposes to his longtime boyfriend Kyle.

My whole life I have never said that you could not be gay. Just dont be in my face with all the "You have to respect us" shoved down my throat. What you do in your private life with whom you want to is your business. Not mine.

Wow, you must not have been reading the same comics I was.  As has already been mentioned, many a superhero (the classic Superman and Lois Lane love story for instance)has fallen in love with someone, or had someone fall in love with them, had old flames, high school sweethearts, etc. And there is the ol tried and true plot line of "do I tell this person I love who I really am, or should I even allow myself to have a relationship and possibly put them in danger", etc.   So only straight superheros can express those feelings and thoughts or have those relationships, not gay ones?  And it's ok for straight people/superheroes be in gay peoples face about their sexuality and shove it down their throats?  Please do you straight people always have to wear your wedding rings in public and shove it down our throats that your better than us and we are "less than human" without the same feelings, needs and desires?  Do you really HAVE to talk about the hot date you had the other day or what you and your better half did last night (movie, dinner, I dont want to hear it)?  I don't need to hear what you straight people do at home and I dont want to see it in public either.  Ick, straight people walking in the park holding hands, how gross and why do they have to be on display like that. Naaaasty.  What if someones children were to see that?  Heaven forbid they see some straight people kissing IN PUBLIC.  How would you explain THAT to your children?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 06:13:25 pm by TheArtist » Logged

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2012, 09:38:36 pm »

Wow, you must not have been reading the same comics I was.  As has already been mentioned, many a superhero (the classic Superman and Lois Lane love story for instance)has fallen in love with someone, or had someone fall in love with them, had old flames, high school sweethearts, etc. And there is the ol tried and true plot line of "do I tell this person I love who I really am, or should I even allow myself to have a relationship and possibly put them in danger", etc.   So only straight superheros can express those feelings and thoughts or have those relationships, not gay ones?  And it's ok for straight people/superheroes be in gay peoples face about their sexuality and shove it down their throats?  Please do you straight people always have to wear your wedding rings in public and shove it down our throats that your better than us and we are "less than human" without the same feelings, needs and desires?  Do you really HAVE to talk about the hot date you had the other day or what you and your better half did last night (movie, dinner, I dont want to hear it)?  I don't need to hear what you straight people do at home and I dont want to see it in public either.  Ick, straight people walking in the park holding hands, how gross and why do they have to be on display like that. Naaaasty.  What if someones children were to see that?  Heaven forbid they see some straight people kissing IN PUBLIC.  How would you explain THAT to your children?

Exactly the reason MC and I keep our flaming heterosexuality to ourselves Wink

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2012, 07:55:39 am »

Hmm. 60s and 70s comics(yes i'm old) did show Superman in love with a woman. How in the World in that day and age did I not see that as strange or weird? Oh! because every couple I seen growing up in this society was a man and woman!

I am just stating that comics, just like Trix are for kid's. Some people would like their childrens sexual orientatation to be taught by some other means than media publications.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2012, 08:17:48 am »

More adults are reading comics these days than kids.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org