A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:43:41 pm
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Avengers  (Read 9454 times)
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« on: May 21, 2012, 11:52:57 am »

Finally saw it this weekend and it was great. I can tell Whedon had a blast making this movie and I nearly hit geek overload. The Helicarrier, Thor vs Hulk, Thor vs Iron Man, Scarlett as Black Widow...I mean come on!
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 01:19:56 pm »

Yeah, I'm a fan of the batman movies but the avengers is ring to be the best this year. It is really the culmination of all that was good of all the other superhero movies that came before it. It's funny but not corny. It's great action but you can follow it (ahem Michael Bay) It's original without violating it's predecessors. Just a great movie all in all.
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 01:26:38 pm »

Was an awesome movie.  Even my mother got out to watch this one, and it's been so long since she went to the theater that she apparently freaked out when she found out that the seats "recline" now.  She loved the movie, especially the Hulk.  But, just to post it, I love this image floating around out there

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 01:36:33 pm »

Was an awesome movie.  Even my mother got out to watch this one, and it's been so long since she went to the theater that she apparently freaked out when she found out that the seats "recline" now.  She loved the movie, especially the Hulk.  But, just to post it, I love this image floating around out there

Haven't seen yet, as I just got finished watching all the lead up movies (IM 1 and 2, Hulk, CA, and lastly, Thor, this weekend, which I actually thought was a good movie).  Well, actually Thor was the last one I needed to see as I saw all the other ones.  I was also waiting for the insane crowds to die down.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 01:41:00 pm »

Haven't seen yet, as I just got finished watching all the lead up movies (IM 1 and 2, Hulk, CA, and lastly, Thor, this weekend, which I actually thought was a good movie).  Well, actually Thor was the last one I needed to see as I saw all the other ones.  I was also waiting for the insane crowds to die down.
We went a couple of weeks ago, arrived maybe five minutes before the movie and got right in and decent seats. 
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012, 01:46:57 pm »

Whedon finally did the Hulk right: He's better in smaller doses, kill the self-pity, turn up the smash.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2012, 01:53:34 pm »

Whedon finally did the Hulk right: He's better in smaller doses, kill the self-pity, turn up the smash.

My favorite add to the character was the line "I'm always Mad" That makes perfect sense.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2012, 01:58:27 pm »

I don't know; I thought that Ed Norton did the character justice enough to redeem the Ang Lee version of it in 2003 with Eric Bana.  I thought Liv Tyler was a better Betty Ross than Jennifer Connelly.  And certainly Norton was much better as Banner/Hulk than Eric Bana.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2012, 02:15:14 pm »

Everytime I hear the name Ed Norton. I think of "The Honeymooners"
Is there a actor named Ralph Kramden?

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2012, 02:22:26 pm »

Everytime I hear the name Ed Norton. I think of "The Honeymooners"
Is there a actor named Ralph Kramden?

Not on IMDB but apparently Cedric the Entertainer played him in a 2005 version of "The Honeymooners."  Someone must've been cracked out.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2012, 02:35:13 pm »

We went a couple of weeks ago, arrived maybe five minutes before the movie and got right in and decent seats. 

What is the hulk rag dolling in your avatar? A shirt?

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2012, 02:36:05 pm »

A person/villian/demigod
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2012, 03:40:17 pm »

Thor's Brother.

TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2012, 04:44:49 pm »

The bad guy who just got through arrogantly proclaiming that he was a GOD!!!!  only to then get promptly smashed by the Hulk.   Very good movie btw.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2012, 12:54:55 pm »

It's playing right now at the Admiral Twin.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org