A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:40:59 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RiverSide 5000 August, 2014  (Read 4984 times)
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« on: July 01, 2014, 10:35:22 am »

http://www.tulsarunner.com/riverside-5000/   >>>>  I'd like to give everyone a heads-up about this upcoming race event, I ran this race last year and I pulled in 3rd place for my age group in the regular 5K--  it's a real hoot. At 7:30 AM they have the "Elite Runner" race where top dog runners race against each other some of those Elite  runners were pulling in a pace of 5.5.. Impressive running. They also offer cash prizes to the first 5 Elite runners, first place is $500.00 and 2nd place is $250.00 and so on. At 8am the regular 5K takes place with all us slow dog runners racing.. After the race there is a lot of good food and drinks. The race course is up & down RiverSide Drive, it's flat and fast so many runners hope to get their PR  time improved.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 10:44:18 am by sauerkraut » Logged

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
sauerkraut
City Father

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 10:45:37 am »

This event is even fun to watch if your not a runner. Just hope we have nice weather on race day.

joiei
City Father

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 08:46:09 pm »

I'm busy that day maybe some other time

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2014, 04:52:23 am »

... first place is $500.00 and 2nd place is $250.00 and so on.

Split the prize money with me and I will help you cheat. Wear some of those shoes with wheels in them then hang on to my car bumper. I even know a shortcut.

Power is nothing till you use it.
sauerkraut
City Father

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2014, 12:04:12 pm »

Split the prize money with me and I will help you cheat. Wear some of those shoes with wheels in them then hang on to my car bumper. I even know a shortcut.
The Prize money is only for the top dog Elite Runners in the "Elite Race"  who start at 7:30am, the rest of us regular runners get nothing but a medal and that's only if we  finish in the first three places, otherwise we get nothing. At the speeds the Elite Runners  run at  they don't need to cheat or have shoes with wheels on them, they fly thru that 5K course  fast enough. In last years race someone in the Elite race threw up after they finished  and crossed the  finish line. Those  runners are flying at about 5:00 per mile pace. Very impressive running. I'd be happy if I could do a 6:00 per mile pace but I can't run anywhere near that. Anyhow the regular 5K race is a fun event to enter  if your a runner I encourage ya to enter it, if your not a runner  it's still a fun event to just watch and cheer on the runners. (If your a real fast runner enter the Elite race event) The race course is on RiverSide Drive, it's flat and fast so many runners can do a PR. I'm still working on besting my PR from a 2008 race.. I pulled in 3rd place for my age group last year.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 12:12:19 pm by sauerkraut » Logged

sauerkraut
City Father

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2014, 12:17:31 pm »

As some of ya know I have been nursing a bum left knee, I hurt it training for the Full Moon 5K Race  back in May, guess I pushed myself too hard but it's getting better slowly and steady. Been training using a knee brace. The Riverside 5000 race is a flat & fast race I'd hate to miss out on it due to a bum knee..

sauerkraut
City Father

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2014, 11:25:57 am »

OK folks, I just ran this race. It was very crowded, in the starting coral we were packed in like sardines - when the gun went off runners were bumping into each other. I had a poor performance time, I could not go at my normal pace due to a knee injury and I'm getting older. Everyone had a good time, after the race we had Gatorade and snacks. Many kids from Jenks ran in the race because kids under 18 run for free if they brought in a can of food. In the Elite runner race at 7:30 am the first place time was 15:17 he won the pot of loot. I came in 5th place in my age group, very grim showing. There is another race coming up in two weeks "Run To The Son" at Parkview church on Labor Day.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org