A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:57:17 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EMSA Question  (Read 7976 times)
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« on: May 18, 2012, 09:15:12 am »

As ya all Tulsaites  know every June the Tulsa Water bill has it's yearly opt. of of EMSA Time peroid. I always opt. out, but some people told me that the EMSA water bill thing is not a bad deal and 80% of the city pays the EMSA fee on the water bills, only 20% opt. out.. I was wondering what people on the forum think about paying the waterbill fee for EMSA and how many posters here are enrolled in the program. The stories that came out last month about EMSA billing people even when they paid the water bill fee make me wonder, and I guess that problem is still going on- Why pay extra in the water bill if EMSA will still bill ya anyway?

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
sauerkraut
City Father

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2012, 09:16:31 am »

I have been thinking about joining the EMSA water bill thing  this year in June, but now I have 2nd thoughts. Huh

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2012, 09:26:27 am »

First it’s Tulsans.

Second, it’s not a bad deal.  It’s like insurance, you may pay for it for years and never need the benefits, but good to have if you do need it.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
sauerkraut
City Father

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 09:31:24 am »

First it’s Tulsans.

Second, it’s not a bad deal.  It’s like insurance, you may pay for it for years and never need the benefits, but good to have if you do need it.
Yes that is what I was told, the deal is a bargan- but now I hear that people who paid the water bill fee still get a $1,500 bill from EMSA and EMSA is relentless in collecting it from people. I thought the water bill fee was suposed to cover those costs. Huh

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2012, 09:34:05 am »

Yes that is what I was told, the deal is a bargan- but now I hear that people who paid the water bill fee still get a $1,500 bill from EMSA and EMSA is relentless in collecting it from people. I thought the water bill fee was suposed to cover those costs. Huh

I think it’s a pretty easy problem to solve and with all the recent attention it’s gotten, I suspect they will be more careful in their billing.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2012, 10:07:08 am »

One of the first things they ask you when EMSA picks you up is , "are you employed and do you have insurance?". If you have insurance they get billed first which means you are in effect being double billed. So, check your health insurance policy first and see if it is 100% covered and under what circumstances.

If you already have coverage opt out of the water bill.

If the deductible is less than the annual total on the water bill then opt out unless you just view it as a cheap monthly investment to avoid paying a deductible.

onward...through the fog
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2012, 10:21:49 am »

I would join it in a Heart beat. But I am in Wagoner County.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
sauerkraut
City Father

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2012, 09:10:16 am »

OK Thanks,  At first I was not sure if the waterbill thing paid the whole cost of EMSA service or just paid something like 80% (or half)  and you got billed for the rest. Once you join you can't un-join until next June, or once you opt. out you can't jump in until the next June. Now would be the time to think  about this.  It's still something like $3.00 I understand and that's not bad. I wonder how this works for renters where the landlord pays the water bills. Huh

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2012, 12:17:40 am »

I wonder how this works for renters where the landlord pays the water bills. Huh

The landlord gets to pick for you and bill you the $3 or not at their pleasure. Or at least that's how it worked when the program started. My particular complex chose not to participate the first year, then changed their minds the second year. We moved not long after the second enrollment period.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
godboko71
Philanthropist

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2012, 05:00:34 pm »

I think it’s a pretty easy problem to solve and with all the recent attention it’s gotten, I suspect they will be more careful in their billing.

It is not as easy as one would think, they sell to collection agencies (or did) very fast and the collection agency does not care that you don't really owe the money.

Thank you,
Robert Town
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2012, 01:26:35 pm »

I have insurance which covers it but the money I pay in my water bill means I have no copays, coinsurance, don't have to worry about whether a ride is covered or not, etc. I have heard nightmare stories in the past about insurance not paying if you need to be transported between facilities, if it doesn't turn out to be a medical emergency, etc. It's a couple of bucks, big deal. The double-bill issue is due to bad accounting, and is being resolved, nothing else.

Seems like a no-brainer to me but I've never seen so many people so fired up over saving the cost of a plate of cheese fries.
godboko71
Philanthropist

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2012, 09:04:52 pm »

Seems like a no-brainer to me but I've never seen so many people so fired up over saving the cost of a plate of cheese fries.

Some of us opted in happily that isn't my complaint its the double billing that has hurt my credit that I am upset with.

Thank you,
Robert Town
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2012, 09:50:02 pm »

Some of us opted in happily that isn't my complaint its the double billing that has hurt my credit that I am upset with.

Dispute with the CRA. If it comes back confirmed, sue their debt collector and collect your FDCPA money.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
godboko71
Philanthropist

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2012, 10:48:10 pm »

Dispute with the CRA. If it comes back confirmed, sue their debt collector and collect your FDCPA money.

Working on it, its sad that they (or anyone for that matter) are able to sell the debt so fast. Had similar problems with Saint Francis & TRMC. 

Thank you,
Robert Town
jacobi
Brain owner
Philanthropist

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2012, 10:56:54 pm »

If you are a repub, here's what you should do: It's your money so you should keep it to yourself; freedom!!! Health care is for sissies and commies: freedom!!!  Insurance?! why that is gambling, son, and if the government expects you to pay then you should claim that your religion prevents you.  Even if you really only believe in your own greed.

ἐγώ ἐλεεινότερος πάντων ἀνθρώπων εἰμί
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org