A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:42:07 pm
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Braums Bordeaux Cherry Amaretto Ice Cream  (Read 18722 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« on: May 04, 2012, 10:33:17 pm »

This Ice Cream Kicks Exit! That is all.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 10:38:12 pm »

My mom is a nut for all Braum's ice cream, but this one I haven't heard of.  Now I guess I'll have to go find it for her...sometimes those extravagant sounding ones are difficult to get.

Oh, I kinda like Braum's too...  Grin  Doesn't hurt that it's truly an Oklahoma company.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 10:51:55 pm »

I try to write companies and let them know when I like something as much as this--as I did.

Edited because of dumbassedness...

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 10:54:09 pm »

My mom is a nut for all Braum's ice cream, but this one I haven't heard of.  Now I guess I'll have to go find it for her...sometimes those extravagant sounding ones are difficult to get.

Oh, I kinda like Braum's too...  Grin  Doesn't hurt that it's truly an Oklahoma company.

I’ll see if I can bring some back from Tuttle next week if I can remember to bring a cooler and lots of ice packs.  We’ve got a project there and they are very kind to vendors.  That’s how I ended up with a couple of milk crates for the old tank bikes MC and I are so fond of riding all over mid-town.

Just FYI, they are currently building a massive freezer building to store ice cream they make in the off months when it’s cheaper to make.  The ingenuity of the Braum family is amazing.  They even have their own concrete plant on site.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2012, 08:45:43 am »

She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed is a fan of their pumpkin ice cream.  They make it for Thanksgiving and Christmas in limited quantities, i.e. if you don't buy it when it first arrives in the store, plan on waiting until next year to see it again. 

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2012, 05:12:55 pm »

Buy 12 of them and stick them in the freezer. That's what we did with Egg Nog.
rdj
City Father

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2012, 08:58:46 am »

I’ll see if I can bring some back from Tuttle next week if I can remember to bring a cooler and lots of ice packs.  We’ve got a project there and they are very kind to vendors.  That’s how I ended up with a couple of milk crates for the old tank bikes MC and I are so fond of riding all over mid-town.

Just FYI, they are currently building a massive freezer building to store ice cream they make in the off months when it’s cheaper to make.  The ingenuity of the Braum family is amazing.  They even have their own concrete plant on site.

They are ingenious about a lot of things but customer service and branding is not one of them.  I'd LOVE to see them re-brand their stores.  They are missing out on such an opportunity to market themselves as a local company using local ingredients.  Don't get me started on the cleanliness of their stores and how bad their customer service can be at times.

BUT, best ice cream & milk in the state.  Best fast food hamburger in the state.  Typically best cherry limeade in the state.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2012, 10:14:46 am »

They are ingenious about a lot of things but customer service and branding is not one of them.  I'd LOVE to see them re-brand their stores.  They are missing out on such an opportunity to market themselves as a local company using local ingredients.  Don't get me started on the cleanliness of their stores and how bad their customer service can be at times.
BUT, best ice cream & milk in the state.  Best fast food hamburger in the state.  Typically best cherry limeade in the state.

That's my view as well. And its been that way a long time. I sat as a customer at the 14th & Lewis store and overheard the area managers calling the store manager over for a review as they ate their dinner. They were real hard on him on everything from cheese on the burger to personnel decisions. Everything but cleanliness which surprised me because the service was good but the store itself was not clean. They gave him no praise for anything and that is one of the better stores. Later I waited on two of them at the retail store I worked at and they treated me with disdain even though I was more than helpful. Says a lot about management to me.

BTW, love the Bordeaux Cherry Amaretto. Family doesn't. I get it all to myself.

onward...through the fog
MrsConan
Citizen

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2012, 12:21:59 pm »

Their maple walnut ice cream is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.  It's so good, I can't buy a whole carton or I will wear out said bicycle trying to work off the calories! 
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2012, 01:05:44 pm »

We just visited a braum's this weekend...   Nothing has changed in the branding and presentation dept since I worked in a braums aprox 22 years ago.
The menu boards are an "old-fashioned" mess.  Just a big ugly list of things with prices... not sure what many of the things on the menu are.
Their TV advertisements are straight out of the 80s (only worse without Vern).    About a month or so ago they were running an add for banana-splits I think.    "Made with a fresh, ripe banana"
What on earth is a fresh, ripe banana?   The colors in the store are a bright shade of pale.. .The lighting is glaring.  And the piped-in music was something like girl-from-impenema.  How about some music that says ice cream or summertime, or something!   

I tried the new iced-cupcake flavor of icecream.. Thought it was pretty tasty
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2012, 01:15:32 pm »

just had their Caramel Cookie Dough. It didnt even last one night. It's that good, I should have bought two with the kids out for the Summer.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2012, 01:50:12 pm »

We just visited a braum's this weekend...   Nothing has changed in the branding and presentation dept since I worked in a braums aprox 22 years ago.
The menu boards are an "old-fashioned" mess.  Just a big ugly list of things with prices... not sure what many of the things on the menu are.
Their TV advertisements are straight out of the 80s (only worse without Vern).    About a month or so ago they were running an add for banana-splits I think.    "Made with a fresh, ripe banana"
What on earth is a fresh, ripe banana?   The colors in the store are a bright shade of pale.. .The lighting is glaring.  And the piped-in music was something like girl-from-impenema.  How about some music that says ice cream or summertime, or something!   

I tried the new iced-cupcake flavor of icecream.. Thought it was pretty tasty

??

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2012, 02:13:16 pm »

Their maple walnut ice cream is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.  It's so good, I can't buy a whole carton or I will wear out said bicycle trying to work off the calories!  

Bought some the other day as well and I agree.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTQvnhNVgxQ[/youtube]

This week I am working on the Peach yogurt. I did think the strawberry cheesecake was not very good. Nothing "cheesecakey" about it.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 02:42:04 pm by guido911 » Logged

BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2012, 02:33:05 pm »

No Ax.
I just think the commercials and stores are sad.
And Ice-Cream should not be sad.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2012, 02:42:34 pm »

just had their Caramel Cookie Dough. It didnt even last one night. It's that good, I should have bought two with the kids out for the Summer.

That'll be next.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org