A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:59:41 pm
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Roger Waters "The Wall Live"  (Read 24259 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2012, 12:40:22 pm »

oh yeah, because that is the same thing as smoking pot. 

You brought up mind altering drugs for your system....

(Also, I hope you don't smoke cigarettes...first of all because of the horrendous things it would be doing to you, but second because of the mind-altering aspects...)

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
rdj
City Father

« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2012, 01:46:47 pm »

oh yeah, because that is the same thing as smoking pot. 

You gotta watch out, you drink enough Mt Dew you'll get all hopped up like a spider monkey.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2012, 01:52:46 pm »

You gotta watch out, you drink enough Mt Dew you'll get all hopped up like a spider monkey.

"Greatest generation my exit.  Tom Brokaw was a punk"...

That whole dinner sequence in that movie was pretty funny.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
rdj
City Father

« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2012, 02:10:26 pm »

"Greatest generation my exit.  Tom Brokaw was a punk"...

That whole dinner sequence in that movie was pretty funny.

Sweet baby Jesus!

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2012, 02:18:51 pm »

Sweet baby Jesus!

funny thing was that on Sunday, someone who didn't have a sponsor drove in the Talladega race with that same paint scheme pretty much.  The cougar on the hood with the word "ME" and on the back the phrase was "I wanna go fast".  Bout spit my beer out when I saw it.  See if I can find a capture of it.

OK, back to talking about token up.   Grin

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2012, 02:23:01 pm »

You know where to find a good pinball machine around here? Wink

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
rdj
City Father

« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2012, 02:25:33 pm »

funny thing was that on Sunday, someone who didn't have a sponsor drove in the Talladega race with that same paint scheme pretty much.  The cougar on the hood with the word "ME" and on the back the phrase was "I wanna go fast".  Bout spit my beer out when I saw it.  See if I can find a capture of it.

Kurt Busch.  Didn't have sponsors.  Ironically had to call the sponsors that were on the movie version and have them agree to not be on the real life version.  Will Ferrell also had to approve.  The funny thing is that Ferrell didn't get permission from the companies that were listed on the movie version.

custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2012, 09:56:56 pm »

You brought up mind altering drugs for your system....

(Also, I hope you don't smoke cigarettes...first of all because of the horrendous things it would be doing to you, but second because of the mind-altering aspects...)

hmmmm... let's see here, I've smoked pot, and I've drank coffee, and let me tell you, the difference of mind altering is astounding.  If you think that it is really the same thing, then you have been smoking pot for a little too long.  And for the record, I do limit the amount of caffeine I take in because I don't want to have enough to change my perceptions or cloud my mind.  As far as cigarettes, I quit that several years ago as well, but the addiction made it a long hard road.  But I see this as being real simple, laws aside, if someone things that their need to smoke pot in my immediate vicinity is greater than my desire to not have to have it second hand, I see my need to shove it up their exit as my prerogative. 
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2012, 10:06:32 pm »

hmmmm... let's see here, I've smoked pot, and I've drank coffee, and let me tell you, the difference of mind altering is astounding.  If you think that it is really the same thing, then you have been smoking pot for a little too long.  And for the record, I do limit the amount of caffeine I take in because I don't want to have enough to change my perceptions or cloud my mind.  As far as cigarettes, I quit that several years ago as well, but the addiction made it a long hard road.  But I see this as being real simple, laws aside, if someone things that their need to smoke pot in my immediate vicinity is greater than my desire to not have to have it second hand, I see my need to shove it up their exit as my prerogative. 

See what you started Townie?  You Southies and your profanity replacements....  Grin

That aside, in my mid twenties I picked the habit back up a little again after I started getting incredibly intense migraines that couldn't be quelled with any medicine.  Smoke a bowl, and that fixed it.  It didn't happen often, and more times than not I didn't have any around (I never bought it, I had friends who were usually either at my apartment, or would come over if I asked), but it sure kicked that migraine in the exit.

custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2012, 10:15:50 pm »

See what you started Townie?  You Southies and your profanity replacements....  Grin

That aside, in my mid twenties I picked the habit back up a little again after I started getting incredibly intense migraines that couldn't be quelled with any medicine.  Smoke a bowl, and that fixed it.  It didn't happen often, and more times than not I didn't have any around (I never bought it, I had friends who were usually either at my apartment, or would come over if I asked), but it sure kicked that migraine in the exit.
I don't have any particular problem with those who smoke it, just those that think it's okay to force it on me in some manner or another. 
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2012, 10:25:56 pm »

But I see this as being real simple, laws aside, if someone things that their need to smoke pot in my immediate vicinity is greater than my desire to not have to have it second hand, I see my need to shove it up their exit as my prerogative. 

Well, I agree with you 100,000% on that one.  Only I would rather shove it up their a$$.  I figure if they feel they have the right to smoke next to me, then I have the right to carp on their lap and they got no reason to complain about it.  It's the same thing exactly.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2012, 10:34:53 pm »

hmmmm... let's see here, I've smoked pot, and I've drank coffee, and let me tell you, the difference of mind altering is astounding.  If you think that it is really the same thing, then you have been smoking pot for a little too long.

No.  You were drinking the wrong coffee!

Once upon a time there was a grocery store where Drysdales is on south Memorial.  Sipes.  They always had a pot of coffee at the back of the store that was free to customers.  I would go there with a close family member who was really into coffee, too.  We drank coffee all over this town and that was some of the best and amazingly strong coffee available in the 60's.  Only thing missing was a piece of homemade boysenberry pie!!  And I could get that - and more coffee AND Mt Dew - at a little cafe on the northeast corner of 76th street north and Main in Owasso.  Good stuff!

custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #57 on: May 10, 2012, 12:34:42 am »

No.  You were drinking the wrong coffee!

Once upon a time there was a grocery store where Drysdales is on south Memorial.  Sipes.  They always had a pot of coffee at the back of the store that was free to customers.  I would go there with a close family member who was really into coffee, too.  We drank coffee all over this town and that was some of the best and amazingly strong coffee available in the 60's.  Only thing missing was a piece of homemade boysenberry pie!!  And I could get that - and more coffee AND Mt Dew - at a little cafe on the northeast corner of 76th street north and Main in Owasso.  Good stuff!

Actually, I'm wired wrong.  Unless I drink a lot of it, at most all it does is help me concentrate.  I can drink a pot then head to bed and sleep soundly (until it's time for it to come out).  But in any case, I think mind altering isn't the most accurate term, because yes, just about everything alters our mental state.  When I say it in this case, I mean substantially altering my perception and/or mental clarity. 
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #58 on: May 10, 2012, 07:27:12 am »

I used to get high on life, but then I built up a tolerance. Instead of seizing a day, soon I was up to a week or more.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org