A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 03:25:34 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rick's Cafe' American to move & B52 Tulsa closes  (Read 8576 times)
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2008, 06:02:03 am »

quote:
Originally posted by FOTD

quote:
Originally posted by Gaspar

quote:
Originally posted by cannon_fodder

What's going to happen to Sushi Train then!

I love the train!  Got to hit it at least once a week.

My 3 yo daughter always gets the octopus.  Last time we went she had all of the octopus pieces on her plate in a particular order and was arranging them.   I asked her what she was doing, and she said "I'm trying to put the ocopus back together."

She may have a future in government.....

Oh! I hope not!  I don't think I could stomach Elmo as a VP!

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
jne
Philanthropist

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2008, 02:52:10 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by danno

quote:
Originally posted by tulsascoot

quote:
Originally posted by danno

quote:
Originally posted by cannon_fodder

I heard a rumor and just called Rick's to confirm, they are moving from their 51st and Harvard location for fear of the I-44 renovation killing them.  They will be relocated to the old St. Michael's Alley location in the Ranch Acres development just East of 31st and Harvard.  Tentatively closing on the 28th and reopening by July 9th (moving a business is not so exact of course).

Good news for me, that's my neighborhood!

Bad news though... the B-52 location at the NW corner of 31st and Harvard has closed.  It always seemed moderately busy and they were almost done with renovations.  I got pizza from there at least a couple times a month and did the lunch maybe 1x a month.  Sorry to see it go, that leaves Dominoes as the only pizza place within walking distance.

I'm glad that they are going to do something with that St. Mikes location. I worked there for a long time, up until about 5 or 6 months before it closed. One of my former coworkers called me last week and said that she and a friend went in to the restaurant and it was gutted (which is disappointing, I wish that the booths could have been salvaged), and there were a few men in the back room (old smoking/bar area) talking business at a table. We were worried that it was just going to turn into an office space. Its nice that it will still be a restaurant, but I am kind of bummed that St. Michaels Alley is really gone forever!

I know what happened to the booths. hahaha...

What happened to them?

Yeah, give it up.

Vote for the two party system!
-one one Friday and one on Saturday.
tulsascoot
Civic Leader

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2008, 11:20:31 pm »

they were bought at auction to be used in a coming  establishment, itself a revival of on old Tulsa favorite.

Markk
Civic Leader

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2008, 06:37:10 am »

quote:
Originally posted by tulsascoot

they were bought at auction to be used in a coming  establishment, itself a revival of on old Tulsa favorite.

Nelsons?
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2012, 01:10:25 pm »

Per TW tweet:

New restaurant, The Alley, to open where St. Michael's Alley, Rick's Cafe Americain used to be
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2012, 01:12:39 pm »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by tulsascoot</i>

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Nelsons?

Tyler

Nelson wants further south into the suburbs.

New concept will be good at ole St. Mikes!
nic nac
Tourist

« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2012, 07:50:16 am »

https://www.facebook.com/thealleytulsa
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org