A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:52:16 am
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Forward." as the new slogan.  (Read 16576 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2012, 08:30:45 pm »

Not much "forward" going on in Poland today as far as the U.S. goes.

@BarackObama It is a really a shame, that you do not know basic facts: the death camps were build in occupied Poland by Germans during WWII.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/rosiegray/obama-polish-death-camps-comment-spurs-polish-ou

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2012, 05:46:52 am »

Not much "forward" going on in Poland today as far as the U.S. goes.
http://www.buzzfeed.com/rosiegray/obama-polish-death-camps-comment-spurs-polish-ou

I asked an internet friend from Poland what the feelings in Poland were about this.  She said that was some time ago. It it was Obama's pure ignorance and lack of preparation.  That was the major tone of the general public but everyone moved on fast.  What matters in Poland now is soccer.

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2012, 06:16:10 am »

It Should Be..."Sorry,I was One Big donkey Mistake America"

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2012, 09:49:28 am »

Just got done watching today's presidential address on the economy (equivalent to watching Snooki discuss neuroscience).  Besides all blame, there were a few good nuggets.  First, the president said about the crisis in Europe "The problem is with those countries that spend more than they are taking in."  About half way through that phrase, I think he realized what he had just said.  LOL!

The second thing was what may become the new slogan.  The president said "The private sector is doing just fine."

I'm thinking Doing Just Fine! would make a fine slogan to replace Forward!

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2012, 10:38:28 am »

How about "Stuff is Getting Better"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gl9_GXvNktI

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2012, 02:06:06 pm »

Too late.  He's walking it back. . . and adding that it's the Republicans fault.
I had so much Hope for Doing Just Fine!

Vorwärts!

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/06/08/us-usa-obama-economy-idUSBRE85716I20120608

In the next couple days expect for him to "walk back" his firm statement on not investigating the intelligence leaks.

He was so off-prompter in this press conference that it's going to take weeks for him to "clarify." 

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2012, 02:32:41 pm »

Just got done watching today's presidential address on the economy (equivalent to watching Snooki discuss neuroscience).  Besides all blame, there were a few good nuggets.  First, the president said about the crisis in Europe "The problem is with those countries that spend more than they are taking in."  About half way through that phrase, I think he realized what he had just said.  LOL!

Sorry that you don't understand the difference between having your own currency and using someone else's currency. Read an economics textbook or three and get back to me. You can even stick to ones written by the Randians and understand the difference. Or ask Ron Paul, he gets the basic concept, although his system of belief does not account for the present lack of inflation despite the high money supply.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2012, 03:08:17 pm »

He's really beating the bushes trying to clean up after his speech this morning. 

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/06/08/12127428-obama-it-is-absolutely-clear-that-the-economy-is-not-doing-fine?lite?ocid=twitter

Perhaps he's learned his lesson and will just read what Axelrod writes for him on the prompter.

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2012, 07:21:22 am »

Fascinating news weekend.  Axelrod made the rounds trying to clean up after the Presidents speech.  On CNN Candy Crowley asked him about the "Private Sector" gaff and he responded by first dodging the direct question, then she pressed and he answered with this brilliant nugget:

"We need to accelerate job creation in the private sector. One of the ways that we can do that is putting teachers and fire fighters and police back to work because those are good middle class jobs," Axelrod said.

Candy then responded, "That's the public sector."

Axelrod tried his best to lay out the disjointed lack of strategy, and he even used the Bill Clinton "Jedi Thumb Trick" as he spoke.

Unfortunately the Führer had a hard time cleaning up the spill.

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2012, 08:18:39 am »

"We need to accelerate job creation in the private sector. One of the ways that we can do that is putting teachers and fire fighters and police back to work because those are good middle class jobs," Axelrod said.

Candy then responded, "That's the public sector."

Candy seems not to understand that a teacher's spending is (part of) her income. Yes, Virginia, government jobs increase total private spending, which increases private job growth. I know it's not ideologically popular these days.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2012, 08:27:09 am »

Candy seems not to understand that a teacher's spending is (part of) her income. Yes, Virginia, government jobs increase total private spending, which increases private job growth. I know it's not ideologically popular these days.

Sorry, I forgot the Newspeak. . .public sector is the private sector.  Got it!

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2012, 09:14:47 am »

Sorry, I forgot the Newspeak. . .public sector is the private sector.  Got it!

Gaspar, what ever happened to Nancy Pelosi’s idea that unemployment benefits were a boon to the economy?  Haven’t heard much about that lately.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2012, 09:30:36 am »

Gaspar, what ever happened to Nancy Pelosi’s idea that unemployment benefits were a boon to the economy?  Haven’t heard much about that lately.

She's busy.  She had a big party last week celebrating her 25th year as a member of the House.  Bono performed, and the party probably cost about a million bucks.  Apparently Bono is the go-to-guy for extravagant Democrat parties.

Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2012, 10:19:23 am »

She's busy.  She had a big party last week celebrating her 25th year as a member of the House.  Bono performed, and the party probably cost about a million bucks.  Apparently Bono is the go-to-guy for extravagant Democrat parties.

Yes. The Dims are the party of the hip as opposed to the very unhip....it's all about culture....and the war on ours.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2012, 10:23:36 am »

boon? don't think she said that...support, maybe. Why do you think we haven't heard this lately? Could it be due to recent legislation or because it is an election season? I'm amazed how you think the demise of the middle class is in your best interest. But then again, you never support giving a hand up because you think it's a hand out. Kiss
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org