A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:31:30 pm
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SINGLE PAYER IS THE ONLY HEALTHY SOLUTION  (Read 38171 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #165 on: May 19, 2011, 01:53:15 pm »

If I actually believed that, you might have a point, but as anyone who actually knows me is aware, I'm the first to point out that I don't in fact know everything about everything, as depressing as that fact is.

BTW, I am not going to let you get me down. I have 6 beers in front of me and it's snowing, so you know what to do. Wink

Conan, thanks for the Steamworks suggestion. They have some damn good beer.

If you get a chance, see if SWMBO will allow an hour or two at Pagosa Brewery.  Their grub is as good as the beer, I promise!

The Kolsch is a good one.  I liked it so well I bought the jersey:

* 001.JPG (766.3 KB - downloaded 167 times.)

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #166 on: May 19, 2011, 01:54:12 pm »

It's too bad the cruise lines don't have great frequent cruiser programs like the hotels and airlines do.

Carnival does.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/Static_Templates/carnival-past-guest-recognition.aspx

So does Royal Caribbean:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/aboutprogram.do?cS=NAVBAR&pnav=6&snav=3

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #167 on: May 19, 2011, 02:17:46 pm »

Good to know. I have a couple of friends who cruise at least once a year and have never mentioned an upgrade or anything like that. I'll be sure to let them know so they can stop leaving perks on the table..

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #168 on: May 19, 2011, 02:19:06 pm »

If you get a chance, see if SWMBO will allow an hour or two at Pagosa Brewery.  Their grub is as good as the beer, I promise!

The Kolsch is a good one.  I liked it so well I bought the jersey:

Agreed. The only one I didn't care for was, ironically, their namesake Steam Engine Ale.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #169 on: May 25, 2012, 01:59:20 pm »

Democrat To Offer A ‘Lifeline’ For Single-Payer Health Care

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2012/05/25/490429/mcdermott-universal-care-romney/

Rep. Jim McDermott (D-WA) will soon introduce legislation that would allow states to use federal funds they’re receiving through Medicare, Medicaid, and other health care programs to build a universal single-payer system. Advocates are describing the bill as a “lifeline” for advocates:
It would create a mechanism for states to request federal funds after establishing their own health insurance programs…. It would, for the first time, create a system under which a Medicare-for-all program could be rolled out on a state-by-state basis. In California’s case, it would make coverage available to the roughly 7 million people now lacking health insurance.
“This is a huge deal,” said Jamie Court, president of Consumer Watchdog, a Santa Monica advocacy group. “This is a lifeline for people who want to create a Medicare system at the state level.”
The bill could warm the hearts of liberals who expressed frustration with the Affordable Care Act’s more moderate approach of building on the existing health care system and should also satisfy GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney. The former Massachusetts governor has sought to differentiate his 2006 health reform from Obamacare by rejecting a federal prescription for reform and promising to “pursue policies that give each state the power to craft a health care reform plan that is best for its own citizens.”
The ACA creates state flexibility by granting waivers to states that meet certain coverage standards and a bipartisan group of lawmakers has offered legislation expanding the provision by allowing states with innovative health care solutions to opt out of certain provisions beginning in 2014. Romney, meanwhile, has pledged to build on the ACA’s flexibility and grant states to the ability to opt out of the law entirely.
McDermott’s measure would go even further and encourage states to repurpose federal funds to build a universal single-payer health system of their own. If Republicans are truly interested in states rights, they will back it in mass.

States Rights....gotta love em....

This looks like preparation for when SCOTUS derails the law over their political agenda. I like the preparedness approach.

Let's see the GOP/Teabaggers lean towards furthering their American sabotage.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #170 on: May 25, 2012, 02:03:29 pm »

I believe Vermont has been planning to do that all along.

Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #171 on: June 12, 2012, 01:46:08 pm »

I predicted this:

Supreme Irony: Would a 'single payer' health care plan be less vulnerable to the court than the Affordable Health Care Act?

http://news.yahoo.com/supreme-irony--would-a--single-payer--health-care-plan-be-less-vulnerable-to-the-court-than-the-affordable-health-care-act-.html

" it would be the simplest law in the world to enact. All the Congress would need to do is to take the Medicare law and strike out the words “over 65.” ...."Medicare and Social Security are: the taxing power."  "(The remedy, of course, lies with the voters, who would be more than likely to send a powerful message at the next election, which is why the lack of constitutional limits on the taxing power do not lead to confiscatory rates.)"

RMoney pushed for individual mandate in Massachusetts health care law, emails show...
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org