A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:36:54 am
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: double standard for talking bad about the President  (Read 35773 times)
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #60 on: May 31, 2018, 07:40:57 pm »

You prove the point well.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ted-nugent-threatens-to-kill-barack-obama-and-hillary-clinton-during-vicious-onstage-rant-20070824

https://www.rollingstone.com/tv/news/samantha-bee-on-ivanka-trumps-inaction-amid-migrant-crisis-w520938

I doubt you notice a difference in the tone of the headlines.

Party first everyone, don't you know. I guess no side wants to be the first side to practice what they preach (consistency).

Please, quit clutching pearls. This has been going on since Aaron Burr killed Hamilton in a duel. John Adams, who was a Unitarian MINISTER said that Jefferson was "a mean-spirited, low-lived fellow, the son of a half-breed Indian squaw, sired by a Virginia mulatto father." Jefferson said that Adams was a "hideous hermaphroditical character, which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman."

A least Bee didn't say that Ivanka "had blood coming out of everywhere".

Political insults happen, and Donald Trump is one of the most vicious. Ivanka became fair game when she joined the administration. But go to racist insults anymore, and game over. Correctly so in my view.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 07:43:00 pm by swake » Logged
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #61 on: May 31, 2018, 08:12:32 pm »

Please, quit clutching pearls. This has been going on since Aaron Burr killed Hamilton in a duel. John Adams, who was a Unitarian MINISTER said that Jefferson was "a mean-spirited, low-lived fellow, the son of a half-breed Indian squaw, sired by a Virginia mulatto father." Jefferson said that Adams was a "hideous hermaphroditical character, which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman."

Political insults happen, and Donald Trump is one of the most vicious. Ivanka became fair game when she joined the administration. But go to racist insults anymore, and game over. Correctly so in my view.

Are you still violating Protective Orders...Huh

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #62 on: May 31, 2018, 08:27:13 pm »

Are you still violating Protective Orders...Huh

Are you still beating your wife?

moron.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #63 on: May 31, 2018, 08:30:53 pm »

Are you still beating your wife?

moron.

LoL...You must have...

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #64 on: June 01, 2018, 07:07:22 am »

Personally I think your "theory" has some holes in it and kind of smells like the old "my side is smarter than your side" thing. Personally I think both sides are more or less equally smart (or stupid). Call me cynical.

As previously stated, I do not think any data says more intelligent people favor one political view over any other.  The data on income that I have seen is fairly consistent, income correlates to GOP voting, but the other factors are more predictive. The correlation is strong with education, ethnic group, and where you live - with those three factors you can predict a vote with high accuracy.  As far as I am aware, no data supports the notion that it has anything to do with intelligence - I'm sorry if I was unclear.

Nor did I attach a judgment to the data.  It's just statistical analysis.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #65 on: June 01, 2018, 07:11:03 am »

I get, I get it. I'm ridiculous for pointing out the ridiculous nature and appearance of double standard of the screeching from the left because, well Trump does it. You have stooped to your own low.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #66 on: June 01, 2018, 07:11:47 am »

As previously stated, I do not think any data says more intelligent people favor one political view over any other.  The data on income that I have seen is fairly consistent, income correlates to GOP voting, but the other factors are more predictive. The correlation is strong with education, ethnic group, and where you live - with those three factors you can predict a vote with high accuracy.  As far as I am aware, no data supports the notion that it has anything to do with intelligence - I'm sorry if I was unclear.

Nor did I attach a judgment to the data.  It's just statistical analysis.

I can't remember at the moment, but the expand on this point, and confuse the matter even further, I think it was 538 that was showing the education correlated with support for Clinton, however wealth did not. When most people would think that the two would go hand in hand.

Statistics.

hello
Civic Leader

« Reply #67 on: June 01, 2018, 07:38:31 am »

I get, I get it. I'm ridiculous for pointing out the ridiculous nature and appearance of double standard of the screeching from the left because, well Trump does it. You have stooped to your own low.

You are unable to see the difference between racism and being a big ole meanie. Sad!

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #68 on: June 01, 2018, 07:55:41 am »

If the insults are based on reality and not race or stupid conspiracy theories. Sure.

The ONLY reason Trump was able win was because of the vitriol of his insults and hate. And he often traffics in hate based on sex, race, religion and place of origin. He deserves no sympathy. The high road with him and his administration means not trafficking in hate based on sex, race, religion and place of origin. And working for him, in his administration, means you are complicit in his criminal activity and his trafficking in hate. Even his daughter.

Bee went too far and was wrong. But not close to the level of Barr or Trump. Bee should quit or be fired right after Trump quits for things he has said about many women since he's been president.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 08:00:44 am by swake » Logged
TeeDub
« Reply #69 on: June 01, 2018, 10:22:13 am »

The ONLY reason Trump was able win was because of the vitriol of his insults and hate.

So you completely discount the criminal actions and general unease about having Hillary in the White House?   Absolute statements are rarely if ever true.   
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #70 on: June 01, 2018, 10:24:01 am »

You are unable to see the difference between racism and being a big ole meanie. Sad!

Who was being a racist, Ingram or Nugent?

erfalf
City Father

« Reply #71 on: June 01, 2018, 10:25:01 am »

If the insults are based on reality and not race or stupid conspiracy theories. Sure.

The ONLY reason Trump was able win was because of the vitriol of his insults and hate. And he often traffics in hate based on sex, race, religion and place of origin. He deserves no sympathy. The high road with him and his administration means not trafficking in hate based on sex, race, religion and place of origin. And working for him, in his administration, means you are complicit in his criminal activity and his trafficking in hate. Even his daughter.

Bee went too far and was wrong. But not close to the level of Barr or Trump. Bee should quit or be fired right after Trump quits for things he has said about many women since he's been president.

I by no means am supportive of Barr. She has been a loon pretty much hew whole life. ABC had to know what they were signing up for on that one. That's on them.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #72 on: June 01, 2018, 10:25:26 am »

So you completely discount the criminal actions and general unease about having Hillary in the White House?   Absolute statements are rarely if ever true.   

Regardless of what the hordes of Trumpflakes think. Hillary in the White House would have been far more preferable to the dolt currently occupying 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.  That is, when he's not in Maralago, golfing.  But Goebbels always said, tell a lie enough times....

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #73 on: June 01, 2018, 10:26:17 am »

Regardless of what the hordes of Trumpflakes think. Hillary in the White House would have been far more preferable to the dolt currently occupying 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.  That is, when he's not in Maralago, golfing.  But Goebbels always said, tell a lie enough times....

Keep up the lie then, wouldn't want this gem to die either.  Grin

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #74 on: June 01, 2018, 10:27:13 am »

Keep up the lie then, wouldn't want this gem to die either.  Grin

You mean like the 3 million illegitimate votes cast that he won't let go of?

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org