A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:55:08 pm
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Travis Meyer Drinking Game  (Read 18919 times)
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« on: April 13, 2012, 01:24:09 pm »

It's spring, and time again for the Travis Meyer Drinking Game.

THE TRAVIS MEYER DRINKING GAME

Pregame

1. Everyone selects a storm chaser other than Von Caster. Every time Travis talks to your storm chaser, you take one drink. Take two drinks every time we see footage from your storm chaser. Take four drinks if your storm chaser says "tornado on the ground."

2. Everyone selects a county other than Pottawatomie County. (Pottawatomie County is much the same as Free Space in Bingo.) Every time Travis mentions your county, you take one drink. Take two drinks every time we see footage from your county. Take four drinks if a tornado touches down in your county.

One drink
1. Take one drink every time Travis says the following:
"Hook echo" | "Updraft" | "Metro" | "Doppler radar" | "Wall cloud" | "Rain Wrapped" | "Underground" | "Mobile home"

2. When Travis gives a list of counties, take one drink for every county in the list.

3. Take one drink every time Travis interrupts a program. Take one drink if Travis says "You're not missing any of [program name]." Take one drink when Travis says "We'll keep you advised."

Two drinks
1. Take two drinks every time Travis says the following:
"Baseball-sized hail" | "Keystone" | "Pottawatomie County" | "Pawnee High School"

2. Take two drinks every time Travis mentions the following towns:
Altus | Burns Flat | Pryor | Gotebo | Hydro | Lookeba | Okemah | Mulhall | Oktaha | Olustee | Shattuck | Slaughterville | Tryon | Vici | Waukomis | Wayne (or Payne) | Weleetka | Wetumkah

3. Take two drinks every time Travis talks to Von Caster.

Three drinks
1. Take three drinks if we see footage from Von Caster.

2. Take three drinks if we see footage from Pottawatomie County.

3. Take three drinks if Travis mentions the following:

"Immediate tornado precautions" | "National Weather Service" | "Mesocyclone" | "Portable Radio" | "Take shelter" | "Tornado warning in effect until …"

Four drinks
1. Take four drinks if Sky News 6 must land to refuel.

2. Take four drinks if Travis issues his own tornado warning, not recognized by the NWS or says the following:
"Will someone please answer that phone?" | "Do you see power flashes?"

3. Take four drinks if a shirt-less tornado victim is interviewed.

Finish your drink
1. Finish your drink if someone uses the word tornado as a verb or if Travis mentions the nearest cross streets to you.

2. If Travis says "We've lost Von," pour a little out for your homies and finish your drink.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 01:34:01 pm »

Ahh, and don’t forget: Four drinks for “Well about the time them sireeeens started going off...”

Or any other victim commentator who further drives home the point of what uneducated hicks we are to the rest of the country.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 01:42:50 pm »

Premature convection guys.  The big stuff won't happen until tomorrow night.  At least near Tulsa.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
jacobi
Brain owner
Philanthropist

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 01:47:22 pm »

That's great, Gas!  I couldn't help myself and posted it to my facebook.  Copyright infringement, I know.

BTW, Check out the Drought maps at the NOAA website.  We are no longer under a drought.

ἐγώ ἐλεεινότερος πάντων ἀνθρώπων εἰμί
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 01:47:54 pm »

"Has anyone seen Von Caster?"

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 01:52:41 pm »

One of my favorite meteorologist and chaser exchanges was the 1993 tornado which took out Bruce’s Truck Stop.

The late Jim Giles had a chaser right at 161st St.  For sake of my lost memory, let’s call him “Don”.

“Uh Don, that storm should be right over you about now”
*dead silence*
“Uh Don, hello Don!?!?”
*more dead silence*

The panic in Giles’ voice was palpable.  As I recall the chaser checked in later, just fine.  That was also the event where I first heard: “Well I heard them siiireeens going off..."

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
jacobi
Brain owner
Philanthropist

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2012, 01:57:30 pm »

There are two things I would add.  1) add the town Slick 2) if the words "It sounded like a freight train!" are uttered my a man (or woman) with either a)more than one visable tooth missing or b)wearing an officall peice of nascar merchandise, take five drinks.

ἐγώ ἐλεεινότερος πάντων ἀνθρώπων εἰμί
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2012, 02:01:06 pm »

Premature convection guys.  The big stuff won't happen until tomorrow night.  At least near Tulsa.

Wow, SPC has a high risk in the day 2 forecast. That's somewhat unusual.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2012, 03:00:21 pm »

Wow, SPC has a high risk in the day 2 forecast. That's somewhat unusual.

only the second time it's happened for a day 2 run.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2012, 03:01:30 pm »

only the second time it's happened for a day 2 run.

Hmm, for some reason I thought it had happened at least 3-4 times previously, although I only specifically remember one.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2012, 03:06:48 pm »

Hmm, for some reason I thought it had happened at least 3-4 times previously, although I only specifically remember one.

The big outbreak in 2006 in and around TN is the last time they did that.

dbacks fan
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2012, 03:07:34 pm »

After reading the rules, I swear my liver punched my kidneys and said 'FUGGGETT ABOUT IT!'
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2012, 04:53:28 pm »

At one time that was the Jon Slater drinking game, and I cant remember how much "back door cold front" was worth.
Castor is at 23 now, but I think the universal rule of storm chasers is that they forget they are recording audio along with their storm video.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2012, 12:19:03 pm »

Dont drive around in this:

http://www.newson6.com/global/category.asp?C=121535&topVideoCatNo=188832&autostart=true&clipid=7053621

There's probably a good reason the audio was removed...

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2012, 12:21:48 pm »

Please procure adequate supplies to play tonight.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org