A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 12:50:13 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Underground tornado shelters in Tulsa  (Read 1606 times)
Sandy
Tourist

« on: May 31, 2013, 05:37:33 pm »

Hello, everybody. I am not from Tulsa - I am from north Missouri. But my daughter is receiving cancer treatment in Tulsa at the Cancer Treatment Center of America. I am terrified to the bone of tornadoes. I asked at the cancer center about shelter there and they just get into an interior room on the main floor. It is the same at the hotel where we stay across the street. I know what can happen to people who shelter above ground, having helped in Joplin and having recently seen on the news what happened in Moore. This is a terrifying time for our family anyway with my daughter's illness, and the shelter situation just adds to the anxiety.

Can any of you tell me of any public (or otherwise) places where we could go for shelter during a tornado warning/watch near the cancer treatment center at 81st and 169? I would appreciate it so much.

Thanks,
Sandy
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 05:45:14 pm »

I know the guys who built the Cancer Treatment Center and it is well built. I would stay there in an interior room.

Power is nothing till you use it.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2013, 01:04:41 am »

Stay focused on the treatment. If you are in town and need guidance on things, check in here. And believe RM on matters about construction.  Remember, if you need the truth, just ask around and I am sure all will agree I am the source.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org