A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 17, 2017, 08:45:56 pm
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (Project) Urban 8  (Read 8143 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2016, 09:49:30 am »

http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/index.php?topic=20810.0

Who knows if any of this is true, but it seems a bit concerning for them that those 2 lots have been shown as SOLD since they first put up the sign and it has not changed. These are awesome homes and I hope they sell soon and that this becomes a big boost for more development downtown.

As an update, look what showed up on Zillow for $580k! http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/605-E-3rd-St-Tulsa-OK-74120/2098764905_zpid/ (2713 sqft)
There is another one at $690k: http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/613-E-3rd-St-Tulsa-OK-74120/2098764906_zpid/ (3152 sqft)

Sounds like there is some truth to the rumors. The $322/sqft seemed outlandish. ~$200/sqft seems very reasonable, especially with how nice they are, the location and considering the price of the 100 South Boulder Condos. After Santa Fe Square et al are finished? I could see $875k being a bit more realistic.

I wonder if the developer will try to sell all of them rather than moving into one to make up for lost revenue. These look awesome and I hope they go quickly for what they're asking now.

If itís the unit Iím thinking of, I think Yvonne has already moved in.  I also think they will still make a tidy profit at the revised prices.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the firstĒ -Ronald Reagan
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
Philanthropist

« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2016, 10:51:39 am »

If itís the unit Iím thinking of, I think Yvonne has already moved in.  I also think they will still make a tidy profit at the revised prices.

That is good news! I hope this development is profitable and encourages more condos downtown (hopefully at lower prices & higher density Smiley )
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2016, 11:14:17 am »

That is good news! I hope this development is profitable and encourages more condos downtown (hopefully at lower prices & higher density Smiley )

I may be off-base on that, all the plats in the assessorís office show every unit (or division of the plat) for Urban 8 is still titled under Tulsa Urban Development Group, LLC which was Yvonne Hovellís development company.  They also show she still owns a home out south so she may not have taken residency and thatís just a staged unit, not sure, though I know someone who probably would know.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the firstĒ -Ronald Reagan
Bamboo World
Philanthropist

« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2016, 04:37:53 pm »

For other posters who might not realize there is more than one thread about Urban 8...

I figured this out today.

See also:

"Urban 8" started by johrasephoenix on Oct 24, 2014

TulsaNow's Urban 8 project page, which describes the development as "complete" in March 2016.  However, I don't think it's done, yet (Labor Day weekend 2016).

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org