A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:51:40 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (Project) Urban 8  (Read 20790 times)
LeGenDz
Activist

« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2016, 03:59:43 pm »

I remember biking down greenwood from the Brady to 3rd and seeing nothing but emptiness. Crazy how it's changed.

davideinstein
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2016, 07:10:25 pm »

I cycle down 3rd and up Greenwood a lot. The strip starting at the bridge over 444 and all the way to and through the Brady is getting a real big city feel. If the Santa Fe project fills in that space, it will be spectacular all the way through that area.  Hope they sell well.

Agreed!
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2016, 09:30:09 am »

I'm thinking I might start biking to work up the Midland Valley Trail down third street to my building.  Looking a lot more interesting these days than a few years ago.
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2016, 11:52:46 am »

I cycle down 3rd and up Greenwood a lot. The strip starting at the bridge over 444 and all the way to and through the Brady is getting a real big city feel. If the Santa Fe project fills in that space, it will be spectacular all the way through that area.  Hope they sell well.

I agree, the area is completely transformed.

I wonder about this place and what was discussed in the other Urban 8 thread:
Rumors are that zero have been sold. The developer has "purchased" 1 and the other has been shown as "SOLD" for the illusion that there is a limited supply.

The fact that they are this close to completion and have not sold any is very bad news for them. Another rumor is that the market will only allow for ~$500,000 homes in the area. When I first saw the price I doubted if any would sell (thinking they probably have room to budge). Apparently they have no room to budge and it is sell at $875k+ or go under. Even now, a year and a few months later, the area is still a little too underdeveloped for those rich enough for a million dollar home. After a few more things finish up, it will feel a lot nicer and more gentrified so that the premium shoppers could buy in.
http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/index.php?topic=20810.0

Who knows if any of this is true, but it seems a bit concerning for them that those 2 lots have been shown as SOLD since they first put up the sign and it has not changed. These are awesome homes and I hope they sell soon and that this becomes a big boost for more development downtown.
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2016, 12:01:36 pm »

It is crazy this project started in April 2012! 4 years to build 8 homes! Is it just Tulsa where these urban construction projects take forever? See the KSQ/All Star Brewpub, 1st Street Lofts (!!), YMCA redevelopment, Central Library (revealed in 2012), Renaissance Brewery (Finally under construction!), etc...

I heard from the owner of Renaissance Brewery that Tulsa's zoning/approval process is frustrating and makes building what they wanted difficult. They are building a mixed-use sidewalk-fronting brick-facade building with similar design to other old buildings nearby (Like the Campbell Hotel). Hopefully the new small-area plan will allow for these types of developments to get approval more easily.

You can see the plans and images of the brewery here:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Renaissance-Brewing-Company/654564741242829

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2016, 11:51:06 pm »

I'm thinking I might start biking to work up the Midland Valley Trail down third street to my building.  Looking a lot more interesting these days than a few years ago.

I have heard that the Midland Valley Trail north of the city has debris incompatible with bicycle tires.  I have no first hand information though.

rebound
City Father

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2016, 07:12:04 am »

I have heard that the Midland Valley Trail north of the city has debris incompatible with bicycle tires.  I have no first hand information though.

North of town, the old railway trail (that heads up to Skiatook) is called the Osage Trail.  I used to ride that often coming to/from Owasso into town.  (It's also a good way to get from Tulsa up to Cincinnati Hill for a good hill ride.)  And yes, that trail is specifically the reason I switched over to Continental Gator Skins, with Kevlar. Mostly broken glass, but if we had a group ride to Tulsa on that trail at least one of us had a flat somewhere before we were done.  Mostly broken glass.  Of the whole trail, it's only a couple of miles where the problems usually are, and it's not just glass.  Unless they did some major trimming work last year, the trees are so close to the road that it is uncomfortable and unsafe.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 11:21:28 am by Admin » Logged

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2016, 08:40:19 am »

North of town, the old railway trail (that heads up to Skiatook) is called the Osage Trail.  I used to ride that often coming to/from Owasso into town.  (It's also a good way to get from Tulsa up to Cincinnati Hill for a good hill ride.)  And yes, that trail is specifically the reason I switched over to Continental Gator Skins, with Kevlar. Mostly broken glass, but if we had a group ride to Tulsa on that trail at least one of us had a flat somewhere before we were done.  Mostly broken glass.  Of the whole trail, it's only a couple of miles where the problems usually are, and it's not just glass.  Unless they did some major trimming work last year, the trees are so close to the road that it is uncomfortable and unsafe.

Aside from the glass, I’ve seen a literally burned out riding lawn mower barely off the west side of the trail near 66thN, I’ve had to make a few pit bull sprints, and passed some pretty sketchy-looking walkers on the trail. 

I haven’t ridden it in probably three years and never would again unless I was in a group...and armed.

And yes, Gatorskins are a must around Tulsa!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
davideinstein
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2016, 04:27:10 pm »

It is crazy this project started in April 2012! 4 years to build 8 homes! Is it just Tulsa where these urban construction projects take forever? See the KSQ/All Star Brewpub, 1st Street Lofts (!!), YMCA redevelopment, Central Library (revealed in 2012), Renaissance Brewery (Finally under construction!), etc...

I heard from the owner of Renaissance Brewery that Tulsa's zoning/approval process is frustrating and makes building what they wanted difficult. They are building a mixed-use sidewalk-fronting brick-facade building with similar design to other old buildings nearby (Like the Campbell Hotel). Hopefully the new small-area plan will allow for these types of developments to get approval more easily.

You can see the plans and images of the brewery here:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Renaissance-Brewing-Company/654564741242829

City of Tulsa is frustrating to deal with on build outs.
davideinstein
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2016, 04:28:13 pm »

I have heard that the Midland Valley Trail north of the city has debris incompatible with bicycle tires.  I have no first hand information though.

It's clear from Maple Ridge to Downtown for sure. Super nice actually.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2016, 09:41:16 pm »

It's clear from Maple Ridge to Downtown for sure. Super nice actually.

Too bad that people cannot respect the place and keep it nice.

Reminds me of an old poster:
Keep Oklahoma clean, dump your trash in Texas.  (States are not the original, just ones I can think of at the moment.)

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2016, 09:43:52 pm »

City of Tulsa is frustrating to deal with on build outs.

They are just enforcing the building code, which in my opinion, is full of brother-in-law clauses.

Details on request by PM.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 09:49:31 pm by Red Arrow » Logged

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2016, 10:10:46 am »

Too bad that people cannot respect the place and keep it nice.

Reminds me of an old poster:
Keep Oklahoma clean, dump your trash in Texas.  (States are not the original, just ones I can think of at the moment.)

Most of the path system seems to me to based on railway. Nice neighborhoods don't usually spring up around railways. Maple Ridge being an exception.
The Osage path is surrounded by unemployed youth who like to mess around nearby.

onward...through the fog
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2016, 07:37:34 am »

I wonder about this place and what was discussed in the other Urban 8 thread:

Rumors are that zero have been sold. The developer has "purchased" 1 and the other has been shown as "SOLD" for the illusion that there is a limited supply.
The fact that they are this close to completion and have not sold any is very bad news for them. Another rumor is that the market will only allow for ~$500,000 homes in the area. When I first saw the price I doubted if any would sell (thinking they probably have room to budge). Apparently they have no room to budge and it is sell at $875k+ or go under. Even now, a year and a few months later, the area is still a little too underdeveloped for those rich enough for a million dollar home. After a few more things finish up, it will feel a lot nicer and more gentrified so that the premium shoppers could buy in.

Who knows if any of this is true, but it seems a bit concerning for them that those 2 lots have been shown as SOLD since they first put up the sign and it has not changed. These are awesome homes and I hope they sell soon and that this becomes a big boost for more development downtown.

As an update, look what showed up on Zillow for $580k! http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/605-E-3rd-St-Tulsa-OK-74120/2098764905_zpid/ (2713 sqft)
There is another one at $690k: http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/613-E-3rd-St-Tulsa-OK-74120/2098764906_zpid/ (3152 sqft)

Sounds like there is some truth to the rumors. The $322/sqft seemed outlandish. ~$200/sqft seems very reasonable, especially with how nice they are, the location and considering the price of the 100 South Boulder Condos. After Santa Fe Square et al are finished? I could see $875k being a bit more realistic.

I wonder if the developer will try to sell all of them rather than moving into one to make up for lost revenue. These look awesome and I hope they go quickly for what they're asking now.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2016, 09:49:30 am »

As an update, look what showed up on Zillow for $580k! http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/605-E-3rd-St-Tulsa-OK-74120/2098764905_zpid/ (2713 sqft)
There is another one at $690k: http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/613-E-3rd-St-Tulsa-OK-74120/2098764906_zpid/ (3152 sqft)

Sounds like there is some truth to the rumors. The $322/sqft seemed outlandish. ~$200/sqft seems very reasonable, especially with how nice they are, the location and considering the price of the 100 South Boulder Condos. After Santa Fe Square et al are finished? I could see $875k being a bit more realistic.

I wonder if the developer will try to sell all of them rather than moving into one to make up for lost revenue. These look awesome and I hope they go quickly for what they're asking now.

If it’s the unit I’m thinking of, I think Yvonne has already moved in.  I also think they will still make a tidy profit at the revised prices.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org