A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:10:26 am
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (Project) Urban 8  (Read 20787 times)
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« on: April 12, 2012, 10:43:46 am »

I noticed a sign for condos for sale at 3rd and Greenwood. Freese (sp?) Architects  

Can't find anything on line for them.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 09:06:57 am by sgrizzle » Logged
DwnTwnTul
Activist

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 04:13:54 pm »

http://urban8tulsa.com/

carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 07:59:44 am »

"In the Heart of Downtown Tulsa"....so that's where the heart is. I guess that makes the CBD the kidneys.
dsjeffries
City Father

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 02:47:41 pm »

"In the Heart of Downtown Tulsa"....so that's where the heart is. I guess that makes the CBD the kidneys.

And the Brady is the brains.

Change never happened because people were happy with the status quo.
pfox
Civic Leader

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 03:11:43 pm »

Ha.  I am still looking for the arms and legs...

That site is a placeholder.  We are working on a permanent site as we speak...  also follow us here: www.facebook.com/urban8tulsa

Thanks for noticing, by the way!  Our plat is on the TMAPC agenda next week...we'll close and begin work as soon as we are approved.  Ground should be turning by June, which is right around the corner.

pfox
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 03:16:23 pm by pfox » Logged

"Our uniqueness is overshadowed by our inability to be unique."
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2012, 10:29:35 am »

I heard that the land deal fell through on this and possibly Elliot's apartment proposal. Anyone know?
dsjeffries
City Father

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2013, 04:13:59 pm »

Still alive. Dirt's about to start turning. I just wish there were more units with a wider range of square footage. 2600 is the smallest offered. That's HUGE. Can we not have a few 1200, 1400, 1800 and 2000 sq ft units? Not everything has to be the size of a McMansion.

Tulsa Business Journal
Downtown Tulsa has been vast in apartment and loft development in the past years. New projects have been showing up all around the area with more projects in the planning stages. Most of these developments call to those who look to rent and not own, but the minds behind Urban 8 look to target those who want to own homes in downtown.
“This goes back to about 2004, people looking to move to downtown Tulsa….The product of home ownership did not exist. That sparked the interest to look for the land,” said a representative from the Holston Group, the developers for Urban 8.

The Urban 8 project is still in the pre-construction planning phase. It will create eight town homes on the block between East 2nd and 3rd Streets and between Kenosha and Greenwood Avenues near the Blue Dome District. It is being developed by the Holston Group, who joined the project that was already in the works two years ago. West Construction will be the contractor as well as James P. Boswell Architect being the architectural firm. At this time, the project leaders are working on finalities in this phase. James Boswell, the project’s architect, said that they are currently waiting on building permits. There has not been a scheduled date for the start of construction. A delay in the construction has been the re-platting of the area, according to a representative from Holston Group, but they look to begin construction soon.

“We will know more about that in the next couple of weeks. Hopefully we can begin some of the infrastructure in less than thirty days,” she said.
The town homes will have a floor plan of three floors plus a rooftop terrace. The square footage of the homes ranges from 2,600 to 3,200. Ground level will be an entry with a two car garage. First floor will be an open area for the dining and living rooms and kitchen area. The third floor will consist of the bedroom areas, with options of having two or three bedrooms. Boswell calls the design of the homes as an “open, clean contemporary floor plan.”

Urban 8 has unique aspects that the developers hope will attract future home owners. The homes are being designed to be geothermal and energy efficient.
“They are looking into doing a geothermal system. We’ll be foaming the walls, which gives you higher energy efficient walls,” said Boswell.
The homes are also being designed so that homeowners can experience a critical part of living downtown: the view.
“We intended to really open the spaces up with large windows so you were able to capture the views of downtown,” he explained.

An unique aspect that will truly catch the eyes of those looking to purchase their own home is that these individual units are customizable. Buyers can take advantage of Urban 8’s presale that is currently happening. This presale gives them the opportunity to choose design options such as floor finishes, colors, cabinetry and more. Urban 8 can also customize the living space on the first floor and expand on the second floor to give options for the bedrooms.

The customized interior feature and designs of Urban 8 has caused the $2.1 million costs to grow more, according to the Holston Group. The presale has already seen buyers.
“We have 2 units that are sold, and we’re looking for 6 urban minded families or individuals that are looking for the market of an urban experience which is very slim to none,” said the Holston Group representative.

She also said that buyers should come early and decide as soon as possible due to the “tremendous interest in the product that we are going to be building.”
Although the start date of the construction has not yet been decided, the developers look to have the project done by summer of 2014.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 04:17:20 pm by dsjeffries » Logged

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2013, 07:03:26 pm »

I'd buy, but likely 5x my price range.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2013, 07:43:01 am »

Did the architect change?
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2013, 12:36:28 pm »

Still alive. Dirt's about to start turning. I just wish there were more units with a wider range of square footage. 2600 is the smallest offered. That's HUGE. Can we not have a few 1200, 1400, 1800 and 2000 sq ft units? Not everything has to be the size of a McMansion.

Tulsa Business Journal

A broad spectrum of residents should be the goal so if there is a market for larger high end homes like this, it's a good thing.  Smaller units are available in the Metro and GreenArch and from what I real last week really small and low cost units will be available in the YMCA renovation.  My skepticism is that these have the look and feel of the types of pricey units that were build around Cherry Street that seemed to be on the market for an eternity.  My wife and I toured one when we moved back to town and they are really nice but the asking price was extraordinarily high.  We bout a home nearby with about the same square footage for a third of the price.  We preferred older homes though so maybe there is still a market for big and new in midtown.
jacobi
Brain owner
Philanthropist

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2014, 04:39:09 pm »

Dirt has started turning on this. Looks like they are running the utility lines in now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ἐγώ ἐλεεινότερος πάντων ἀνθρώπων εἰμί
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2014, 09:24:53 am »

Sweet!
dsjeffries
City Father

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2016, 10:21:43 am »

The Urban 8 project page has recent photos of the completed townhomes. The whole street is looking fantastic! The new Bond Events Center / McNellie's Group HQ, which are in the old Brix building, helped a lot with that, too. The building, which used to be covered in a gravel aggregate, is now back to its original brick facade, and features lots and lots of windows that had been filled in.

With these buildings, this stretch of Third Street feels good now. It's not too wide, Urban 8 feels like the right height, the Bond building and others have great transparency, and the buildings on both sides create a sense of enclosure.

The block still needs street trees and landscaping (like most of Tulsa), but it now feels good to walk on the street, probably for the first time since the 1960s, which is when I assume everything else was torn down. If you haven't been down there lately, go for a quick stroll.

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2016, 11:37:15 am »

The block still needs street trees and landscaping (like most of Tulsa)

3rd already has a nice streetscape over by the PAC and also by the BOK Center.  I agree extending that east toward this area would go a long way toward making it much nicer.

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2016, 12:06:39 pm »

I cycle down 3rd and up Greenwood a lot. The strip starting at the bridge over 444 and all the way to and through the Brady is getting a real big city feel. If the Santa Fe project fills in that space, it will be spectacular all the way through that area.  Hope they sell well.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org