A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:08:30 am
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Today in Ralph Shortey news...  (Read 50054 times)
Ed W
City Father

Re:
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2015, 08:49:51 pm »

But if a pal says he put in the required training hours, who are we to question him?

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

Re:
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2015, 08:53:04 pm »

But if a pal says he put in the required training hours, who are we to question him?

Well, there is that Ed.  Who are we to be all cynical and critical?  What’s the worst that could possibly happen with an administrative fuckup?  Some poor hapless soul trying to sell guns to undercover deputies might get tazed?  I mean, when has that happened in recent memory?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2017, 12:26:47 pm »

State Sen. Ralph Shortey, a Republican who represents the Oklahoma City area, authored a bill that exempts people from lawsuits if they damage drones that veer onto their property.
https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017/03/oklahoma-state-bill-would-let-property-owners-shoot-down-drones/

So basically, you wouldnt be sued while you are doing time in Leavenworth for shooting at aircraft.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/03/07/oklahoma-lawmaker-wants-to-protect-people-who-destroy-drones-flying-on-their-property.html

http://www.tulsaworld.com/homepagelatest/bill-would-give-civil-immunity-to-those-who-destroy-drones/article_de86effd-103b-57cf-b928-d92d31afc9ec.html
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 12:28:26 pm by patric » Logged

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

Re:
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2017, 06:42:20 pm »

MOORE — Police here are investigating why state Sen. Ralph Shortey was in a motel room with a teenage boy last Thursday.

Most recently, he angered voters when he proposed undoing changes to drug laws approved at the polls last November.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 06:47:52 pm by Vashta Nerada » Logged
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2017, 07:59:25 am »

Just re-read this thread. We used to have fun around here! What happened?

onward...through the fog
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2017, 10:10:22 am »

It seems that Ralph Shortey is under investigation for indiscretions involving a young man and a motel room. Not that there's anything wrong with...well...but the young man in question is under age.

This should be interesting. I wonder if he'll resign "to spend more time with his family."

(Later)

Moore police brought three prostitution related charges against Shortey.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 11:46:26 am by Ed W » Logged

Ed

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2017, 11:48:27 am »

It seems that Ralph Shortey is under investigation for indiscretions involving a young man and a motel room. Not that there's anything wrong with...well...but the young man in question is under age.

This should be interesting. I wonder if he'll resign "to spend more time with his family."

He was Kirby's sex scandal coach so Im sure he has lots of good advice.

He was also the one to suggest revoking the criminal justice reform we passed last November, but its likely he was just following a "suggestion" himself.

http://heavy.com/news/2017/03/oklahoma-republican-ralph-shortey-teenage-boy/
Ralph Shortey: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2017, 05:12:07 pm »

Moore police said they smelled marijuana but didnt find any.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/capitol_report/state-senate-removes-ralph-shortey-s-privileges-amid-investigation-into/article_4c426835-3b60-5aac-bc25-ff7b287060a8.html

Ed W
City Father

« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2017, 11:52:03 am »

Shortey has surrendered himself to Moore PD. A resignation should be forthcoming.

If I understand right, legislators are fully vested in the state retirement plan after 6 years, and Shortey has 6 years of service. So if he resigns prior to a conviction, we taxpayers will still send him regular checks, I think. Am I wrong?

Ed

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2017, 12:04:22 pm »

The state senate still hasn't revoked his voting privileges and are still paying him.  Just a "good ole boy" tryin' to have a little good clean fun...!!

He was taking his pedophilia lessons from Trump...after all, he was the campaign chairman in the state.  Got lots of good hints and tips, no doubt.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2017, 02:27:04 pm »

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2017, 09:01:57 pm »

So let me get this, ahem, straight.

Shortey is behind or partially behind (sorry just can't quit) undoing the criminal reform laws we passed last November.  Apparently his underage male hooker has been selling Shortey weed for about a year.

I'm curious how many times those crimes were committed within 1000 feet of a school....Hmmmmm?

I'd love to see that fat turd begging for mercy from the, ahem, stiffer drug laws he was just endorsing.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2017, 06:13:15 am »

Ed

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2017, 10:36:04 am »

So let me get this, ahem, straight.

Shortey is behind or partially behind (sorry just can't quit) undoing the criminal reform laws we passed last November.  Apparently his underage male hooker has been selling Shortey weed for about a year.

I'm curious how many times those crimes were committed within 1000 feet of a school....Hmmmmm?

I'd love to see that fat turd begging for mercy from the, ahem, stiffer drug laws he was just endorsing.

Apparently there were lots of "evidence issues" with the no-arrest encounter, everything from why there were no drug charges to at what point in reading the kids text messages they decided they should get a warrant.  
The Affidavit before the District Court of Cleveland County (Case 17-08441) is much more of an eye-opener than the redacted police report.

Now what I want to know is what is Moore Police colorfully calling "raw Marijuana?"  Were they caught munching on great big hemp stalks?

Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2017, 07:01:14 pm »

Shortey was eager to put his name on pretty much any "suggested" bill the police unions put in front of him, so it would not be surprising if the investigation was less than thorough.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 06:31:02 pm by Vashta Nerada » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org