A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:27:45 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Today in Ralph Shortey news...  (Read 50061 times)
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2012, 01:00:41 pm »

Are you sure you didn't mean this? Wink

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2012, 01:46:22 pm »

Or maybe this?:

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2012, 01:55:38 pm »

May as well:

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2012, 02:10:35 pm »

May as well:

I want that inside of me!

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2012, 02:14:31 pm »

I want that inside of me!

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2013, 01:39:57 pm »

Cant figure out who is stooping to what level here:

The Oklahoma Senate recognized Duane “Dog” Chapman and his wife Beth for their efforts to establish regulations on bail enforcers and bring fugitives to justice.

On Tuesday, Chapman, formerly the star of the long-running television series, Dog the Bounty Hunter, visited the state Capitol in support of Sen. Ralph Shortey’s Senate Bill 1013, which would create the Bail Enforcement and Licensing Act.

“The Chapmans have been instrumental in bringing some of the country’s most notorious criminals to justice, and now they are helping the states pass legislation to regulate bounty hunters,” said Shortey, R-Oklahoma City. “I’m grateful for their support of this effort to establish common sense requirements for bail enforcers, who play a very important role in law enforcement. This bill will help guarantee the brave men and women who work in this field are equipped with adequate training for the unique challenges they face.”
http://www.fox23.com/news/local/story/Senate-recognizes-Dog-the-Bounty-Hunter/1jOg0RmvbUKcYX5gF7IL0w.cspx

In 2010, Chapman was sued by one of the men he arrested in 2009, who alleged that Chapman falsely claimed the man had shot at him and edited the footage on the show to make it appear that way.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2013, 02:42:12 pm »

Cant figure out who is stooping to what level here:

The Oklahoma Senate recognized Duane “Dog” Chapman and his wife Beth for their efforts to establish regulations on bail enforcers and bring fugitives to justice.

On Tuesday, Chapman, formerly the star of the long-running television series, Dog the Bounty Hunter, visited the state Capitol in support of Sen. Ralph Shortey’s Senate Bill 1013, which would create the Bail Enforcement and Licensing Act.

“The Chapmans have been instrumental in bringing some of the country’s most notorious criminals to justice, and now they are helping the states pass legislation to regulate bounty hunters,” said Shortey, R-Oklahoma City. “I’m grateful for their support of this effort to establish common sense requirements for bail enforcers, who play a very important role in law enforcement. This bill will help guarantee the brave men and women who work in this field are equipped with adequate training for the unique challenges they face.”
http://www.fox23.com/news/local/story/Senate-recognizes-Dog-the-Bounty-Hunter/1jOg0RmvbUKcYX5gF7IL0w.cspx

In 2010, Chapman was sued by one of the men he arrested in 2009, who alleged that Chapman falsely claimed the man had shot at him and edited the footage on the show to make it appear that way.

Incipient mullet alert!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2013, 03:08:21 pm »

Incipient mullet alert!

Mul-yeah!

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2013, 10:39:48 am »

"Rep. David Perryman, D-Oklahoma City, pointed out that the House - which didn't have time to hear a bill to ban texting while driving this year - spent 28 minutes honoring 'Dog the Bounty Hunter.' "

Nice TW picture of "Dog" wearing his sunglasses in the House chamber.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2013, 06:17:32 pm »

Ah, Ralph. Ralphie, Ralphie, Ralphie. We hardly knew ye.

Ralph earned a dubious 49 percent conservative rating from the Oklahoma Conservative PAC, leading them to declare him a Republican In Name Only. It's like having Vito Corleone walk up and kiss you on the lips, a sure sign that you'll be sleeping with the fishes before long.

He'll have to do something to get his name in the news and re-energize his base. The Sharia law thing is played out and there probably aren't many bands of roving, blood-thirsty turkeys to be found at this time of the year. How about immigration controls on the Texas border? Or a heavy tax on chablis and Volvos, both favorites of the liberal elite. Or how about requiring all men over 18 to wear kilts rather than shorts or trousers? It's the manly thing to do, after all.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2013, 07:34:13 pm »

Ralph earned a dubious 49 percent conservative rating from the Oklahoma Conservative PAC, leading them to declare him a Republican In Name Only. It's like having Vito Corleone walk up and kiss you on the lips, a sure sign that you'll be sleeping with the fishes before long.

He'll have to do something to get his name in the news and re-energize his base. The Sharia law thing is played out and there probably aren't many bands of roving, blood-thirsty turkeys to be found at this time of the year. How about immigration controls on the Texas border? Or a heavy tax on chablis and Volvos, both favorites of the liberal elite. Or how about requiring all men over 18 to wear kilts rather than shorts or trousers? It's the manly thing to do, after all.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHzh0PvMWTI[/youtube]
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2013, 07:40:29 pm »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHzh0PvMWTI[/youtube]

Sort of off topic but not...that line "leave the gun take the cannoli", was not a scripted line, but one adlibbed by the actor..well, at least the part about the cannoli from what I remembered reading.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2013, 09:48:36 am »

One of my friends ran the Leadville trail 100 mile run this last weekend in a kilt.  I bet that was a bit chilly up the kilt starting out first thing!

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2015, 08:15:05 pm »

This week he's hawking minimal police reform for C.L.E.E.T and the Sheriff's Association:

A proposed bill by Sen. Ralph Shortey, R-Oklahoma City, would increase from 240 to 300 hours the amount of training a reserve officer must receive. Volunteer officers would also be required to obtain at least 12 hours of continuing education annually. None are required now. Both requirements are about half of what is required of full time officers.

Shortey's proposal has been endorsed by the Oklahoma Sheriff's Association and the head of the Council on Law Enforcement Education and Training, the state agency that oversees training for law enforcement officers across the state.

http://www.fox23.com/ap/ap/oklahoma/oklahoma-lawmaker-wants-more-training-for-reserve-/nk54F/

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2015, 08:41:06 pm »

The extra hours only matter if they are actually documented in the first place, Shortey.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org