A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 12:03:09 am
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2012 Summer Vacation Thread  (Read 37627 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« on: April 08, 2012, 06:20:48 pm »

Always looking for input from travelers out there. Thoughts of Caribbean Islands vs. Central America? I know there are a few in here that's been to both (I have, but I'm thinking about Costa Rica, Panama, Barbados, etc...)

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
GG
Philanthropist

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 07:34:36 pm »

Always looking for input from travelers out there. Thoughts of Caribbean Islands vs. Central America? I know there are a few in here that's been to both (I have, but I'm thinking about Costa Rica, Panama, Barbados, etc...)

I will be going to Belize in October.   My son is getting married there.   

I have a friend that lives in Costa Rica and he loves it.  He is on the Pacific coast.

Trust but verify
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 07:53:15 pm »

My daughter is going to apply for a school trip to Costa Rico next year. I am interested on what people know about the country.

Power is nothing till you use it.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2012, 08:50:56 pm »

I will be going to Belize in October.   My son is getting married there.   

I have a friend that lives in Costa Rica and he loves it.  He is on the Pacific coast.

I've been to Belize.... Costa Rica sounds appealing to me.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2012, 08:52:45 pm »

British Virgin Islands.  

Far as I’m concerned there is nowhere else I’d rather be.  Islands with palm trees, great food, and cold adult beverages are scattered all over the globe.  I can’t put my finger on why, but BVI residents are truly special people.  I always feel at home there, never like I’m in a foreign country, and never like I have to look over my shoulder.  The place I stay on Anegada every trip doesn’t even have room keys.  No one would even think twice about stealing from you.  Truly an idyllic place.

Watch my FB page this week Guido, I’ll be posting photos (finally) from my last trip there.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 08:55:34 pm by Conan71 » Logged

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2012, 09:37:14 pm »

British Virgin Islands.  

Far as I’m concerned there is nowhere else I’d rather be.  Islands with palm trees, great food, and cold adult beverages are scattered all over the globe.  I can’t put my finger on why, but BVI residents are truly special people.  I always feel at home there, never like I’m in a foreign country, and never like I have to look over my shoulder.  The place I stay on Anegada every trip doesn’t even have room keys.  No one would even think twice about stealing from you.  Truly an idyllic place.

Watch my FB page this week Guido, I’ll be posting photos (finally) from my last trip there.

I'll be looking....

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2012, 08:29:43 pm »

Looks like Cartegna for a weekend getaway on my way to Phuket then to Amsterdam. Who's with me....

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2012, 08:31:45 pm »

Why guido, I declare! I did not know you were in to such activities! All this time I thought you were a family man.  Wink

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
bmuscotty
Civic Leader

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2012, 07:04:46 am »

Disneyworld in June.

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2012, 08:02:53 am »

Oakhurst in July

Power is nothing till you use it.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2012, 09:20:45 am »

Oakhurst in July

Like a little bit of rural heaven right here in the city!

onward...through the fog
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2012, 10:54:55 am »

Diligently taking notes for next summer...

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2012, 11:13:10 am »

Why guido, I declare!

Nate doing his best "southern belle".  Grin

But on a serious note, it's always the quiet ones Nate. Remember that.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 11:58:23 am by guido911 » Logged

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2012, 04:10:24 pm »

Nate doing his best "southern belle".  Grin

Just getting practice for the DR next month. Oh wait, that isn't anywhere near far enough south.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Salukipoke
Citizen

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2012, 08:30:14 am »

My daughter is going to apply for a school trip to Costa Rico next year. I am interested on what people know about the country.

My son went on a trip to Costa Rica last summer through Bixby Middle School and EFT Tours.  He had an awesome time.  Went to several different cities, went on jungle trails, river tours, did a HUGE zip line.  Tour guided the entire time and felt very safe.  Highly recommend it.

This summer he's going with a school group to Philly, NYC, Boston, and DC.

As a fam, we're going to Discovery Cove in Orlando and Busch Gardens in Tampa.  As a self centered adult male, I'm going to Bella Vista for an extended weekend of golf and adult beverages with some college buddys.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org