A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:30:39 pm
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Two Goodfellas Pizza  (Read 10327 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« on: April 07, 2012, 05:18:48 pm »

Well, I didn't think it could happen, but we found a pizza place that is as good as Top That!  I'm still in shock!

On 61st, couple blocks east of Grogg's Green Barn.  In the 'compound' with a miniature golf place.  Who wooda thought?

Seriously good pizza!  (And the fountain drinks are very good, too!  On that point, they got Top That beat by a mile!)

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 05:37:37 pm »

Well, I didn't think it could happen, but we found a pizza place that is as good as Top That!  I'm still in shock!

On 61st, couple blocks east of Grogg's Green Barn.  In the 'compound' with a miniature golf place.  Who wooda thought?

Seriously good pizza!  (And the fountain drinks are very good, too!  On that point, they got Top That beat by a mile!)

The old Jo Mamma's location..

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 09:47:52 pm »

The old Jo Mamma's location..

??  Is it?  I have no idea what was there...I didn't expect it to be much being with the miniature golf and what looks like a little kids indoor playground.  Was amazed.  Even the pepperoni pizza was good and I am not that big a fan of pepperoni.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2012, 09:48:27 pm »

??  Is it?  I have no idea what was there...I didn't expect it to be much being with the miniature golf and what looks like a little kids indoor playground.  Was amazed.  Even the pepperoni pizza was good and I am not that big a fan of pepperoni.

Yep, Joe Mamma's was there for a while.  Always saw it there but never went.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 07:58:39 am »

Still, nothing compares to Savastano’s.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2012, 08:05:30 am »

^^^^^^^^^^
This.

The Sears Tower (I'm surprised they haven't changed the name to Willis Tower yet) is quite possibly the closest thing to pizza perfection..in my opinion, anyway.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2012, 09:40:58 am »

Adding a little caveat- nothing locally beats Savastano’s. 

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2012, 11:48:53 am »

At more than twice the price.  But we will go try them, even if they are Chicago style!

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2012, 11:51:21 am »

At more than twice the price.  But we will go try them, even if they are Chicago style!

Can’t be cheap when you want the best ingredients.  They even make their own sausage.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2012, 12:01:31 pm »

Can’t be cheap when you want the best ingredients.  They even make their own sausage.

These guys couldn't be so good if they weren't using at least good or better ingredients.  (I can settle for less than the best for $8.50 versus $22.00.)

Airport pizza is a classic example - carp ingredients, carp taste!  As exemplified just this week by Famiglia Pizza in Minneapolis Airport!  They got the cutesy little story, but don't got the pizza!
http://www.famousfamiglia.com/our-story.html

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2012, 12:38:31 pm »

These guys couldn't be so good if they weren't using at least good or better ingredients.  (I can settle for less than the best for $8.50 versus $22.00.)

Airport pizza is a classic example - carp ingredients, carp taste!  As exemplified just this week by Famiglia Pizza in Minneapolis Airport!  They got the cutesy little story, but don't got the pizza!
http://www.famousfamiglia.com/our-story.html

I've never had a carp pizza but I love gefilte fish, so who knows, it may be good?

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2012, 09:18:39 pm »

I've never had a carp pizza but I love gefilte fish, so who knows, it may be good?

Tastes like lutefisk!  The state flower of Wisconsin....or maybe that was Minnesota?

restored2x
Disgraced - AGAIN!
Civic Leader

Marble steps - Charm City

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2012, 09:31:29 am »

Although not literally in Tulsa, Uncle Vinnie's in BA tops my list. IN Tulsa, very hard to beat Umberto's!
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2012, 09:46:17 am »

IN Tulsa, very hard to beat Umberto's!

Best garlic knots.

rdj
City Father

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2012, 01:42:48 pm »

Andolini's is my new favorite.  House made mozzarella.  Their garlic knots are damn good.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org