A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 21, 2018, 09:18:21 am
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Okla Legislature 2nd Worse in Nation  (Read 35265 times)
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #405 on: April 12, 2018, 08:46:19 pm »

Inhofe, Sullivan, Bridenstine over 30 years.  Pretty monolithic. 

I believe the last D to win that district was James Jones in the mid 1980's.  Of course, that pre-dates our current climate of hyper-partisanism.  IIRC, JRJ was quite moderate and also from a time when being a Democrat in Oklahoma was really your only route to power. 

I was glad to see Jones ousted.  My dad went to many of Jones' town meetings.  Jones would say what the locals wanted to hear and vote the opposite when back in DC.  He was just as slimy as the rest of them.  Then, parts of south Tulsa and Bixby were folded into District 2 and had Synar.  He was no better.  I will agree that back then the only way to get elected was to put a D by your name for anything except the race for POTUS.  It was just as bad as needing an R now.  I'm not sure what changed the tide.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #406 on: April 13, 2018, 08:40:21 am »

Inhofe, Sullivan, Bridenstine over 30 years.  Pretty monolithic. 

I believe the last D to win that district was James Jones in the mid 1980's.  Of course, that pre-dates our current climate of hyper-partisanism.  IIRC, JRJ was quite moderate and also from a time when being a Democrat in Oklahoma was really your only route to power. 

He was both Dem and Rep... Xtreme Moderate.

Here is some of the stuff he sponsored or cosponsored.  In contrast to some of the urban myths told about him...

HR 4333 is of particular interest to me.  In stark contrast to Trump's comments about POW's.

https://www.congress.gov/member/james-jones/J000232

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

What you do speaks so loud, I cannot hear what you say.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org