A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:18:09 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Museum in Kansas  (Read 4074 times)
swake
T-Town Elder

« on: October 11, 2012, 01:47:59 pm »

I now present to you, The National Museum of Suburbia to cost $34 million and be located in Overland Park, KS. Some of the highlights include a "model ranch-style home" and "fake suburban neighbors played by actors in period suburban clothing."  With a little more imagination on Dewey's part, this could have been part of Vision2.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/suburban-kansas-dream--museum-of-suburbia.html

I ask, if the actors portraying the "fake suburban neighbors" actually live in the suburbs, maybe even in Overland Park, will the world end?
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 02:08:06 pm »

That's an odd way for them to frame that thing. There actually is interesting stuff about suburbia and how it started, how it mutated, and what it is now. Perhaps it's just interesting to me because I'm geeky.

If it keeps even one person from moving to the suburbs and becoming a "libertarian" because they hate their HOA, it'll be worth it.  Grin

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 02:20:59 pm »

It might actually be right up my alley since there's sure to be a mid-century modern element to it.  Though I already live in what amounts to an MCM museum of sorts.  Wink

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org