A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 15, 2019, 01:05:44 pm
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: kendall whittier/lweis/6th/demolition  (Read 23617 times)
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #120 on: September 09, 2019, 09:05:02 pm »

Between these projects around 6th & Lewis and the new stuff around 1st & Lewis K-W is one of the more happening urban neighborhoods right now.  What a turn around from not long ago.  I've long thought that the neighborhoods between downtown and TU had the most redevelopment potential and it's finally happening in a cool, organic way. 

You have the Pearl and the strip along 6th and the new Village Flats and existing brownstones at Centennial Park.  You have the new retail and restaurants along 11th from Utica toward Mother Road Market.  And also the emerging Brewer's Block at 6th & Utica with Marshall, Cabin Boys and soon American Solera at the corner.  Some of the housing is still in bad shape across the neighborhoods north of 11th, more so around the Pearl and less so closer to Lewis, but I've noticed quite a few rehabs. 

TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #121 on: September 09, 2019, 10:05:11 pm »

Between these projects around 6th & Lewis and the new stuff around 1st & Lewis K-W is one of the more happening urban neighborhoods right now.  What a turn around from not long ago.  I've long thought that the neighborhoods between downtown and TU had the most redevelopment potential and it's finally happening in a cool, organic way. 

You have the Pearl and the strip along 6th and the new Village Flats and existing brownstones at Centennial Park.  You have the new retail and restaurants along 11th from Utica toward Mother Road Market.  And also the emerging Brewer's Block at 6th & Utica with Marshall, Cabin Boys and soon American Solera at the corner.  Some of the housing is still in bad shape across the neighborhoods north of 11th, more so around the Pearl and less so closer to Lewis, but I've noticed quite a few rehabs. 

Yes I think the area from TU to downtown, Kendal Whittier, 3rd st, 6th st, 11th/Route 66, 15th, etc.  has the potential to infill and become the best part of Tulsa.  The most "European" with higher density, walkability/transit friendly potential.  The small block structure and thru streets, mix of uses, etc. really help.  Just hope it isn't "Dallisafied" with midrise-highrise buildings designed for cars and not pedestrians, or too many QT's and car oriented Dentists offices putting gashes in that fine grained structure.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #122 on: September 10, 2019, 09:13:50 am »

Is this the NE corner of 6th & Lewis project?  If it is, that was bare ground last time I was in Tulsa.

Yes it is. The pic is basically facing towards TU, with the Orthodox Church in the far right background.

Quite a change! They seem to be moving quickly. Most of the brick along these front buildings is up now.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org