A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:05:25 am
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: kendall whittier/lweis/6th/demolition  (Read 82748 times)
Rattle Trap
Activist

« Reply #105 on: April 14, 2019, 09:44:48 am »

Jumping back on the Cyber District discussion....

http://www.newson6.com/story/40300820/oklahoma-lawmakers-work-to-beef-up-technology-workforce

TULSA, Oklahoma - The Oklahoma Legislature looking to bolster a growing and sought after-industry in the state.

Senate Bill 746 will be debated in the house next week, and if passed, will create a new personal income tax credit for new software and cyber security employees.

"These two areas present enormous growth opportunities for Tulsa, for northeast Oklahoma," said Mike Neal, Tulsa Regional Chamber President and CEO.

The Tulsa Regional Chamber is lobbying for the bill.

"Our businesses have been telling us for years, they can't find people in these areas, and they're constantly stealing these people from other companies,” said Neal.

Neal says they, along with the Oklahoma City and state chambers, came to lawmakers last fall.

Because while the state's IT industry continues to grow, Neal says the major companies in the state have massive IT departments, who need quality experts.

"They are in essence IT companies operating under different various businesses,” he said.

While the specifics of this bill are still being ironed out, if passed, it would give a $2,200 annual tax credit for new qualifying software or cyber security bachelors or higher degree holders.

And an $1,800 dollar tax credit for non-degree, accredited holders.

They also have to meet certain wage and industry requirements.

Neal says their goal is to not only keep talented IT workers here, but also bring in even more from around the country.

"Who we think could come here, could develop families here, and be here for years to come,” said Neal.

The bill already passed the Senate.

If signed into law, it would go into effect on November 1st.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #106 on: July 24, 2019, 08:54:36 am »

Some renderings of what TU is proposing for Phase 1 of the "Cyber District" at the NE corner of 6th & Lewis:

BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #107 on: July 24, 2019, 09:10:03 am »

Some renderings of what TU is proposing for Phase 1 of the "Cyber District" at the NE corner of 6th & Lewis:

proposed architecture is the opposite of cyber
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #108 on: July 24, 2019, 03:20:55 pm »

I think they are trying to tie this into the TU campus architecture. 

TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #109 on: July 24, 2019, 06:57:12 pm »

Any word on when construction is hoped to begin?

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #110 on: July 25, 2019, 09:56:12 am »

Any word on when construction is hoped to begin?

Construction at 6th & Lewis began some time ago.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #111 on: July 25, 2019, 10:04:04 am »

All those technology-driven minds still havent figured out those Acorn fixtures put more direct light in your eyes than what reflects off of things you need to see.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #112 on: July 25, 2019, 12:56:57 pm »

All those technology-driven minds still havent figured out those Acorn fixtures put more direct light in your eyes than what reflects off of things you need to see.

Big acorn has too much influence
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #113 on: July 25, 2019, 06:04:15 pm »

My GF lives about a block from this and right now she rents.  I'd hate to think how much that rent goes up.  Good for the area though.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Renaissance
City Father

« Reply #114 on: July 26, 2019, 09:45:26 am »

This isn't for the NE corner of 6th and Lewis.  That corner is where the West Park Phase II housing project mentioned earlier is going.  The vacant block where dirt is moving is entirely owned by "West Park Phase II LLC," not University of Tulsa.

Where did these renderings come from, and any better guesses on where they are intended to be built?
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #115 on: July 28, 2019, 03:40:31 pm »

This isn't for the NE corner of 6th and Lewis.  That corner is where the West Park Phase II housing project mentioned earlier is going.  The vacant block where dirt is moving is entirely owned by "West Park Phase II LLC," not University of Tulsa.

Where did these renderings come from, and any better guesses on where they are intended to be built?

They are screenshots from a video TU posted about the Cyber District.  It mentioned 6th & Lewis so I assumed the northeast corner but it may be another site.  I believe the initial phase is three buildings.

TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #116 on: August 07, 2019, 02:23:42 pm »

proposed architecture is the opposite of cyber

I'm guessing they're trying to match historic Tulsa architecture and the Whittier District proposed guidelines so they'll fit the area. Looks like they've got a nice proposed rendering to hit those pretty well. That main building has a bit of an Art Deco look to it while also tying into the Gothic Revival style of the TU Library. They look like they'll fit with the other new developments around there that GKFF supported.

The current cyber corp building at 12th and Harvard isn't "cyber" at all either. It's a beautiful classic Art Deco building. Glad TU preserved it and retrofitted it to work for them.
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #117 on: September 09, 2019, 01:10:53 pm »

Progress update for this one:

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #118 on: September 09, 2019, 03:36:15 pm »

Looks good. I wish the brick was a little darker.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #119 on: September 09, 2019, 07:01:51 pm »

Progress update for this one:

Is this the NE corner of 6th & Lewis project?  If it is, that was bare ground last time I was in Tulsa.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org