A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:09:00 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dickey's Barbeque  (Read 6008 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« on: April 02, 2012, 09:29:08 pm »

Well, ok,...I admit it...I went to Dickey's bbq this last weekend out of a morbid curiousity, plus the fact that I just didn't want to travel very far, and it happened to be right there in front of me.  And yep, it was everything one might expect and more.

Should have just gone another mile down the street and had a good old fashioned McDonald's cheeseburger.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 09:50:20 pm »

Should have just gone another mile down the street and had a good old fashioned McDonald's cheeseburger.

Really, that bad?

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 06:55:57 am »

Really, that bad?

There were a lot of people eating there who just loved it - talked to a couple of them.  It kind of reminded me of Rib Crib a little bit.  At least the sauce at Rib Crib is edible.

I am seriously spoiled by Black Jaxx and Albert G's, so my taste buds may have become jaded towards everything else.  (As previously mentioned in posts about Oklahoma Joe's and BurnCo).

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
joiei
City Father

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 07:06:39 am »

Where is Black Jaxx?

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2012, 07:38:19 am »

Where is Black Jaxx?

I think that might be the one in Oologah.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2012, 01:45:38 pm »

Dickey’s is worse than lame.  It literally is the McDonald’s of the BBQ world.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2012, 02:18:38 pm »

Dickey’s is worse than lame.  It literally is the McDonald’s of the BBQ world.

Dickey's and Action Erection have been flogged in this forum.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2012, 02:21:58 pm »

Dickey's and Action Erection have been flogged in this forum.

I found their offerings rather flaccid.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2012, 03:20:08 pm »

Dickey's ribs are a lot like the McRib, except with bones.

Sauce is very similar to McDonalds BBQ sauce.

Folks love McDonalds and for those people Dickey's is the place to go for BBQ.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2012, 07:10:05 pm »

Dickey's ribs are a lot like the McRib, except with bones.

Sauce is very similar to McDonalds BBQ sauce.

Folks love McDonalds and for those people Dickey's is the place to go for BBQ.

I think McDonald's sauce is better than Dickey's.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2012, 07:12:23 pm »

Where is Black Jaxx?

He was in Oologah.  Had a little restaurant there on the main street (Cooweescoowee).

Restaurant went out of business about a year ago.  Last time I talked to him, he was still doing catering, and we are gonna call him in a couple weeks to get some ribs!

BEST tabouli in the history of the planet!!  (Don't like it myself, but if SWMBO says it's so, then I know it has to be true.)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org