A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:45:22 pm
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "If I had a son, he’d look like Trayvon."  (Read 292434 times)
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #690 on: July 18, 2013, 09:56:53 pm »

You didn't have to go that far to worry about your hair - Roger's County around 1970 (through the 60's)...J B Hamby.  Routinely would 'catch' hitchhikers at the Rogers county line, take them to a barber in Claremore, have their heads shaved and set the back on the road at the county line at the other end of the county.  I always stayed away from Rogers county at that time.

Got himself killed playing Dirty Harry at a tag agency in Catoosa.

After he billy-clubbed a bunch of Cascia Hall students there for a ball game, he sort of lost that tough-on-crime legitimacy.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #691 on: July 18, 2013, 09:58:48 pm »

After he billy-clubbed a bunch of Cascia Hall students there for a ball game, he sort of lost that tough-on-crime legitimacy.

Karma got him and bit him in the butt big time.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #692 on: July 22, 2013, 12:20:57 pm »

From Zero to Hero. Big George just doing his thing in Sanford.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/george-zimmerman-rescues-victims-florida-car-crash-article-1.1405783?localLinksEnabled=false

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #693 on: July 22, 2013, 12:35:55 pm »

You know he's just a wannabe cop running amok around Sanford.  Grin

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #694 on: September 10, 2013, 10:31:20 am »

And another.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2416446/Jeffrey-Babbit-dies-racist-hate-attack-stranger-Union-Square-New-York.html

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #695 on: September 10, 2013, 02:36:18 pm »

And another.

Another murderer running amok.

Looks like Zimmerman isn't the persecuted little choir boy the FLA DA wanted him to be...waving a gun at his soon to be ex-wife?  First the cops said they got a gun, then they said there wasn't one, then I heard they said there was one, but wasn't 'recovered'...more waffles than the Waffle House.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #696 on: September 10, 2013, 05:31:23 pm »

Another murderer running amok.

Looks like Zimmerman isn't the persecuted little choir boy the FLA DA wanted him to be...waving a gun at his soon to be ex-wife?  First the cops said they got a gun, then they said there wasn't one, then I heard they said there was one, but wasn't 'recovered'...more waffles than the Waffle House.

Wait a minute. George was feeling threatened. His wife had a big, scary lawyer, so George did the only thing he could do under the circumstances. He drove to her house and confronted her with a pistol in his hand just to defend himself from the wife and attorney. Good lord! They could have waved a restraining order at him, so the only recourse he had was the pistol.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #697 on: September 10, 2013, 07:18:14 pm »

Wait a minute. George was feeling threatened. His wife had a big, scary lawyer, so George did the only thing he could do under the circumstances. He drove to her house and confronted her with a pistol in his hand just to defend himself from the wife and attorney. Good lord! They could have waved a restraining order at him, so the only recourse he had was the pistol.

Pretty much....

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #698 on: September 27, 2013, 07:28:55 am »

And another. It doesn't get much more clear than this one.  Roll Eyes

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2434691/North-Carolina-Wal-Mart-shooter-chose-victims-race-shot-whites.html

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #699 on: September 27, 2013, 07:30:32 am »

DB, I implore you.

Please don't turn into another Gaspar...

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #700 on: September 27, 2013, 08:26:10 am »

DB, I implore you.

There was once a time you probably would have said Guido.  How far we have come.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #701 on: September 27, 2013, 08:34:44 am »

DB, I implore you.

Nah. Just a slow day at the office.  Grin

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #702 on: September 27, 2013, 02:33:39 pm »

There was once a time you probably would have said Guido.  How far we have come.

The post wasn't angry and spittle flecked enough for that to have been a valid comparison. Wink

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #703 on: March 07, 2014, 01:42:09 pm »

Will this guy's 15 minutes get over already!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2575787/Orlando-gun-canceled-GEORGE-ZIMMERMAN-named-featured-guest.html

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #704 on: July 15, 2014, 05:21:37 am »

Karma's a grumble.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/trayvon-martin/os-george-zimmerman-finances-20140627,0,7683811.story

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org