A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:50:38 am
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 49   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "If I had a son, he’d look like Trayvon."  (Read 292355 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #630 on: December 06, 2012, 03:57:24 pm »

Whoa! Whoa! Scotty, take it down a notch. He started a fight? confronting and asking a question. Then turning to walk away after he was accosted verbally. Getting blindsided with a punch to the head and taken to the ground is starting a fight?
That's what you get for asking a loaded question I guess.  Roll Eyes

We will see...but that still is just a few second snapshot of something that evolved over a few minutes.  And Zimmerman was doing the pursuing up until these few seconds.  Gotta look outside the box just a little bit more...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #631 on: December 06, 2012, 04:24:10 pm »

We will see...but that still is just a few second snapshot of something that evolved over a few minutes.  And Zimmerman was doing the pursuing up until these few seconds.  Gotta look outside the box just a little bit more...

His biggest problem is he has no idea how to fight. If he did, he wouldn't be in the situation he is in.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #632 on: December 06, 2012, 09:39:53 pm »

Here comes a lawsuit.

Lawyers for George Zimmerman filed suit today against NBC Universal Media over a well-publicized editing error that portrayed their client in racist terms in his pursuit of Trayvon Martin on a drizzly evening in February.

“NBC saw the death of Trayvon Martin not as a tragedy but as an opportunity to increase ratings, and so to set about the myth that George Zimmerman was a racist and predatory villain,” states the civil complaint in its opening salvo against NBC.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemple/wp/2012/12/06/george-zimmerman-sues-nbc-over-trayvon-martin-reports/

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #633 on: December 07, 2012, 02:31:46 pm »

His biggest problem is he has no idea how to fight. If he did, he wouldn't be in the situation he is in.

Maybe he thought he did know how to fight....which leads to the next bigger problem; why did he feel there was a need to fight - when the cops were on the way, they told him they were on the way, and instructed him to stay OUT of the way?

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
TeeDub
« Reply #634 on: December 10, 2012, 09:44:42 pm »

Maybe he thought he did know how to fight....which leads to the next bigger problem; why did he feel there was a need to fight - when the cops were on the way, they told him they were on the way, and instructed him to stay OUT of the way?

The dispatcher told him something.   Good thing we don't have to listen to dispatchers.

"I've got two guns in my hand -- is it okay to shoot him if he comes in this door?" the young mother asked the 911 dispatcher. "I'm here by myself with my infant baby, can I please get a dispatcher out here immediately?"

The 911 dispatcher confirmed with McKinley that the doors to her home were locked as she asked again if it was okay to shoot the intruder if he were to come through her door.

"I can't tell you that you can do that but you do what you have to do to protect your baby," the dispatcher told her. McKinley was on the phone with 911 for a total of 21 minutes.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #635 on: December 11, 2012, 08:21:43 am »

The dispatcher told him something.   Good thing we don't have to listen to dispatchers.

"I've got two guns in my hand -- is it okay to shoot him if he comes in this door?" the young mother asked the 911 dispatcher. "I'm here by myself with my infant baby, can I please get a dispatcher out here immediately?"

The 911 dispatcher confirmed with McKinley that the doors to her home were locked as she asked again if it was okay to shoot the intruder if he were to come through her door.

"I can't tell you that you can do that but you do what you have to do to protect your baby," the dispatcher told her. McKinley was on the phone with 911 for a total of 21 minutes.
Now let's see. Getting killed or getting sued?..................Hmm, that's a tough one.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #636 on: December 19, 2012, 04:33:23 pm »

Even in the relatively gun-phobic Canada, you can own and use guns for sport. Nobody has seriously proposed melting down all the guns, so this doesn't really support an argument against gun control.

Still think Blobama is not out to get your guns...??  Just waiting for the right minute.  And now, not two months after election, here it is.  Talk about making a political issue....

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-set-january-deadline-gun-proposals-173610698--finance.html

Gawd, I hate it when I am so right about something so bad for the country....

On the SAME DAY as Sandy Hook, a guy in China went into a school and attacked kids.  Wounded a couple dozen.  
A couple years ago, another guy went into Chinese school and killed a bunch of kids - with a knife.
Couple years ago, a guy in Norway - with VERY strong gun laws - killed 77 kids.

Yeah...gun control will stop this type of problem.  Never!

NO sense of history in this country!

http://news.yahoo.com/mass-school-bombing-1927-puts-sandy-hook-context-185608674.html

Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #637 on: December 19, 2012, 04:57:47 pm »

Still think Blobama is not out to get your guns...??  Just waiting for the right minute.  And now, not two months after election, here it is.  Talk about making a political issue....

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-set-january-deadline-gun-proposals-173610698--finance.html

Gawd, I hate it when I am so right about something so bad for the country....

On the SAME DAY as Sandy Hook, a guy in China went into a school and attacked kids.  Wounded a couple dozen.  
A couple years ago, another guy went into Chinese school and killed a bunch of kids - with a knife.
Couple years ago, a guy in Norway - with VERY strong gun laws - killed 77 kids.

Yeah...gun control will stop this type of problem.  Never!

NO sense of history in this country!

http://news.yahoo.com/mass-school-bombing-1927-puts-sandy-hook-context-185608674.html

Wrong. We know all about the Confederacy.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #638 on: December 19, 2012, 05:02:55 pm »

Wrong. We know all about the Confederacy.

And even though you lived through it, doesn't mean you remember any of it...

Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #639 on: December 19, 2012, 05:05:07 pm »

And even though you lived through it, doesn't mean you remember any of it...

We are still "living through it".... "it" is ignorance and intolerance.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #640 on: December 19, 2012, 06:23:37 pm »

We are still "living through it".... "it" is ignorance and intolerance.

WOW!!!  I sat here for a full 30 seconds - STUNNED to silence... a lucid thought...nay, not just lucid, but actual insight into the human condition!!

Now just, just remember that when you start saying anything related to gun control...since, to date, those two human conditions are all you have expressed on this topic.

Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #641 on: January 25, 2013, 08:21:30 pm »

A sheriff who released a radio ad urging Milwaukee-area residents to learn to handle firearms so they can defend themselves while waiting for police said Friday that law enforcement cutbacks have changed the way police can respond to crime.

In the 30-second commercial, Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke Jr. says personal safety is no longer a spectator sport.
"I need you in the game," he says.

"With officers laid off and furloughed, simply calling 911 and waiting is no longer your best option," he adds. "You can beg for mercy from a violent criminal, hide under the bed, or you can fight back. ... Consider taking a certified safety course in handling a firearm so you can defend yourself until we get there."

Under Wisconsin's "castle doctrine," someone who uses deadly force against an unlawful intruder to their home, business or vehicle is presumed to have acted reasonably. A spokeswoman for the state Department of Justice said that as of this week, there are about 155,000 concealed carry permits in Wisconsin.

In an interview with The Associated Press, Clarke said he just wants people to know what their options are. While self-defense isn't for everyone, some people see personal safety as their own responsibility, he said, and they should be trained properly.
"I'm not telling you to 'Hey, pick up a gun and blast away.' ... People need to know what they are doing if they chose that method — to defend themselves," he said.

But he also said he wanted to call on residents to be law enforcement "partners." He said he could either whine about budget cuts that forced him to lay off 48 deputies last year or he could get creative.
"People are responsible to play a role in their own safety, with the help of law enforcement," Clarke said. "I'm here to do my part, but we have fewer and fewer resources. We're not omnipresent, and we have to stop giving people that impression."
"After sitting down and thinking about this, I'm thinking 'Hey, I've got an untapped reserve over here, and it's the public,'" Clarke said.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #642 on: January 25, 2013, 08:40:07 pm »

Most REAL law enforcement has that attitude.

Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #643 on: February 14, 2013, 04:37:15 pm »

Zimmerman has gained 105 pounds.

Those drugs for mental illness give you quite the appetite?

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2013/02/14/1594051/whats-happened-in-the-trayvon-martin-case-since-you-stopped-paying-attention/
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #644 on: February 15, 2013, 09:12:17 am »

You are such a hater.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 49   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org