A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:21:36 am
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 49   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "If I had a son, he’d look like Trayvon."  (Read 292357 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #600 on: October 09, 2012, 03:27:47 pm »

Zimmerman, likewise, ignored his legal obligation to retreat, advanced on Martin (gun in hand) and killed him, also claiming self-defense.

That's not at all what the evidence suggests nor what credible eye witness accounts said, and we've trampled this to the ground.  Zimmerman pursued Martin, was returning to his vehicle when he was confronted by Martin saying "What the love is your problem?" and ostensibly threatened to kill Zimmerman as he pounded his head into the pavement and reached for Zimmerman's gun at which point Zimmerman had a legit fear for his own life.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #601 on: October 11, 2012, 06:53:32 pm »

Video Shows That Student Was Naked, But Calm Before He Was Shot

MOBILE, Ala. (October 11, 2012)--A video of the shooting of a naked University of South Alabama student shows the teenager with his arms outstretched and his palms open before a campus police officer fired.
The Mobile County Sheriff's Department played the security video for media Thursday.
A camera outside the University of South Alabama police station recorded the scene moments before Gil Collar, 18, was shot to death early Saturday morning.
Police say Collar had taken LSD.
The video shows Collar walking slowly toward a campus police station door twice, and then pounding on it violently.
An officer emerged with gun drawn and the two moved into the yard with the student approaching the officer.
The shooting occurred less than 30 seconds after the officer went outside.
A second officer arrived, and the two officers wrestled with the dying student and handcuffed him.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #602 on: November 29, 2012, 09:51:37 pm »

Florida man pleads not guilty to shooting teen to death over loud music

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/11/28/15513847-florida-man-pleads-not-guilty-to-shooting-teen-to-death-over-loud-music?lite

"Supposedly his statement was, 'I just fired at these kids.' I don't know if he knew that he struck anyone in the vehicle. The next morning, I guess when they woke up in the hotel and saw on the news that someone was killed, that's when they got in their car and fled."

2014...the year of gun control....
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #603 on: November 30, 2012, 09:04:37 am »

Florida man pleads not guilty to shooting teen to death over loud music

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/11/28/15513847-florida-man-pleads-not-guilty-to-shooting-teen-to-death-over-loud-music?lite

"Supposedly his statement was, 'I just fired at these kids.' I don't know if he knew that he struck anyone in the vehicle. The next morning, I guess when they woke up in the hotel and saw on the news that someone was killed, that's when they got in their car and fled."

2014...the year of gun control....

A misguided initiative.  Asshats will still get ahold of guns...

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #604 on: November 30, 2012, 09:13:09 am »

Did this happen this year? It just seems so long ago.  Huh

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #605 on: November 30, 2012, 07:48:55 pm »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2217235/Gil-Collar-University-police-officer-shot-naked-student-WAS-carrying-baton-pepper-spray.html
It has been revealed that the University of South Alabama campus police officer who fatally shot a naked student was carrying pepper spray and a baton at the time

University spokesman Keith Ayers admitted yesterday that Officer Trevis Austin, was armed with all three weapons when he walked outside the police station with his gun drawn to confront Gil Collar.
The shooting of the 18-year-old college freshman who was naked when he banged on police department windows in the early hours of last Saturday caused national outrage because of the perceived use of excessive force.  No toxicology reports support campus police claims that Collar was on LSD. 

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #606 on: December 03, 2012, 06:42:46 pm »

Latest pic to be released of the shooter later that night/morning.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #607 on: December 03, 2012, 11:13:29 pm »

Latest pic to be released of the shooter later that night/morning.

Yep, one of those damned white Hispanics.

Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #608 on: December 04, 2012, 12:26:58 am »

What's that pic prove?

As I've said before: let's wait and see what the judicial process decides.

Bob Costas rocks! http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/12/03/nbcs_bob_costas_goes_on_gun_control_rant_about_nfl_players_murder-suicide.html

attack at will....
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #609 on: December 04, 2012, 02:30:57 am »

What's that pic prove?

Really? Who wrote this on the FIRST PAGE of this thread:

Conan, the "according to the Sentinel's report" has no reliable basis. It means nothing.

This is a clear cut case of bad police work. We've seen similar corruption here.

Worse, it's a clear case of vilifying the victim. Shameful...

I think Zimmerman is a nut case with a history of violence and ignoring police. I wouldn't believe a word the police say or what they leak like Martin's suspension from school. I want to see all the evidence which will point towards a teenager being bullied by a bigot and murdered.

http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/index.php?topic=18876.0

Yeah, let's wait and see all right...

Oh, and there's this I also found. Not sure who this belongs to...

Pee Eye GEE! Zimmerman hunted and killed a child. After being specifically told NOT to pursue him. He handled his duty to the neighborhood by reporting "suspicious" behavior to the authorities. The facts are in. A grown donkey man hunted and murdered a child in cold blood against the order of a police dispatcher who passed the information along to the proper authorities. The (disputed) fact that Trayvon (may or may not) have gotten some blows in on his predator are irrelevant. Very simply stated, don't start no sh!t, won't be no sh!t. Call 5-0, go back in the house. Period. End of story.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #610 on: December 04, 2012, 09:44:18 am »

What's that pic prove?

Bob Costas rocks! http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/12/03/nbcs_bob_costas_goes_on_gun_control_rant_about_nfl_players_murder-suicide.html

attack at will....

Well Bobby is right. If Jovon did not have a hand gun they both would be alive and she would resemble the image of singer Rihanna. And he would have gotten a slap on the wrist, A little community service, probation and fines to fund the City payroll. After which he would get a tattoo of that image on his neck and eventually she would go back to him and live a life of abuse. And as Alice Cooper once sang. "Live and Love in Pain"
Yes emotionally distressed people should not have access to hand guns. Somewhere someone who are close to unstable people have to step in and interject themselves in the lives of the ones that they love and care about.
Taking guns out of the hands of the public because people tend to do what they are unable to control makes no sense on the larger picture of responsible gun owners. I have no gun and don't want one. That is my choice. My Father was a Police officer, So was his Father and also my Brother. I have been around guns my whole life and I have seen they can be owned and used properly. So TTCU, If you and Bobby and all the other Dems feel that you can't own a gun responsibly. Then do as I do.......Don't.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #611 on: December 04, 2012, 12:01:21 pm »

So TTCU, If you and Bobby and all the other Dems feel that you can't own a gun responsibly. Then do as I do.......Don't.

That's my plan. Unfortunately the mentally unstable are not usually very good decision makers. That doesn't mean I think guns should be outlawed or even directly licensed. I would like it if the laws already on the books were enforced more vigorously in some instances rather than just being used as something to tack on to other criminal charges.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #612 on: December 04, 2012, 06:11:52 pm »

Really? Who wrote this on the FIRST PAGE of this thread:

http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/index.php?topic=18876.0

Yeah, let's wait and see all right...

Oh, and there's this I also found. Not sure who this belongs to...

My mind was made up instantly. I am not judge and jury. I am fully aware of the negative impact the gun society is having on liberty. I await a trial. It beats leaving the case in permanent limbo.

In KC, it's no time for a game

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/jovan-belcher-kansas-city-chiefs-murder-suicide-tragedy-girlfriend-self-leave-orphan-daughter-why-still-playing-sunday-120112
I would argue that your rationalizations speak to how numb we are in this society to gun violence and murder. We’ve come to accept our insanity. We’d prefer to avoid seriously reflecting upon the absurdity of the prevailing notion that the second amendment somehow enhances our liberty rather than threatens it.

How many young people have to die senselessly? How many lives have to be ruined before we realize the right to bear arms doesn’t protect us from a government equipped with stealth bombers, predator drones, tanks and nuclear weapons?

Our current gun culture simply ensures that more and more domestic disputes will end in the ultimate tragedy, and that more convenience-store confrontations over loud music coming from a car will leave more teenage boys bloodied and dead.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #613 on: December 04, 2012, 09:12:25 pm »

What's that pic prove?

attack at will....

Once in a while you have a lucid thought and even though usually obscure...sometimes valid point.  This ain't one of them.  Costas rocks...yeah, like a box of rocks.  He is an idiot.  He ignores all the evidence and years of experience to the contrary.  And you seem to be tying on to the back of his little misguided train.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #614 on: December 04, 2012, 09:16:35 pm »

My mind was made up instantly. I am not judge and jury. I am fully aware of the negative impact the gun society is having on liberty. I await a trial. It beats leaving the case in permanent limbo.

Which in "realspeak" means you have no clue of the true impact the gun society is having on liberty.  Well over 2.5 million times a year, someone defends themselves successfully using a firearm to prevent a violent crime action.  That is actually a positive effect.  But that would mean there would have to be true understanding....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 49   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org