A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:48:35 pm
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 49   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "If I had a son, he’d look like Trayvon."  (Read 292469 times)
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #555 on: July 12, 2012, 09:46:53 pm »

http://www.heartrescuenow.com/

what would an interactive video of stand your ground instruction be like?

Odds are very remote you'd encounter a rape or an act of violence.

Being a hero in the case of a medical emergency is much more likely.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 09:51:02 pm by Teatownclown » Logged
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #556 on: July 12, 2012, 10:20:23 pm »

And good to be prepared in either case.  Reminds me, I need to get my CPR training updated.  Thanks for the reminder.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
TeeDub
« Reply #557 on: July 13, 2012, 06:24:40 am »

Why only be prepared for that?    Seems like a good boyscout would be prepared for almost anything.
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #558 on: July 13, 2012, 06:28:38 am »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqWRaAF6_WY[/youtube]

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #559 on: July 13, 2012, 11:49:42 am »

I think you will find that most folks with the presence of heart to obtain a Conceal and Carry license are the same folks who keep their CPR and first responder credentials up to date.  In many cases you get to see both violence and medical emergency, and in the case of the former, the latter is likely to be required.  A conceal license does not give you the right to kill, it gives you the right to stop violence or death using force.  If you intend to shoulder that burden, it is only responsible that you also have the skills to render aid when necessary.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #560 on: July 16, 2012, 11:30:58 am »

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/sns-os-george-zimmerman-jail-phone-calls-20120716,0,6274019.story

wish they'd get this tried and get it over... Floreeduh.

Nuts don't fall far from the tree...GZees mommy sounds like a proud woman. Roll Eyes
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #561 on: July 16, 2012, 12:23:21 pm »

A relative of Zimmerman's claims that he molested her for 10 years. And that his family was racist.

Let's line up what we know about his past and personality. Committed perjury, was charged with domestic violence, charged with hitting a cop, was accused of racially harassing a coworker and now a being a molester. What a guy.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...von/56253714/1
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #562 on: July 16, 2012, 12:29:22 pm »

A relative of Zimmerman's claims that he molested her for 10 years. And that his family was racist.

Let's line up what we know about his past and personality. Committed perjury, was charged with domestic violence, charged with hitting a cop, was accused of racially harassing a coworker and now a being a molester. What a guy.

Let’s see release all this to the media, so we can assure he gets a fair trial.   Roll Eyes

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #563 on: July 16, 2012, 12:38:03 pm »

At least he doesn't sell radio advertising...

onward...through the fog
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #564 on: July 16, 2012, 12:43:30 pm »

At least he doesn't sell radio advertising...

He actually was a used car salesman
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #565 on: July 18, 2012, 03:55:29 pm »

Faux News has set up an interview with GeeZee and Hannity. If I were his lawyer I'd have to warn against this.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #566 on: July 18, 2012, 09:06:53 pm »

Faux News has set up an interview with GeeZee and Hannity. If I were his lawyer I'd have to warn against this.

I have the same reservations as to the wisdom of it as well.  But I guess they figure if the prosecutor is going to try this in the media by leaking details of the case and witness statements which may not be used at trial, he needs a forum for a rebuttal.

Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #567 on: July 18, 2012, 09:53:47 pm »

I have the same reservations as to the wisdom of it as well.  But I guess they figure if the prosecutor is going to try this in the media by leaking details of the case and witness statements which may not be used at trial, he needs a forum for a rebuttal.

Your are psychotic. Leaking is the wrong wording. Try "made public by law".

Loved this interview which was really just a fund raiser that FOX participated in as sponsor of the "Save Gee Zee" fund.

Looks like Gee Zee kind of appears like he's still confused. Hannity asked him if he had to do this over would he do anything different and Gee Zee said "no." In light of the fact he apologized to Treyvon's parents in the interview the question remains "if you have no regrets, why are you apologizing." And if he was just doing what God wanted him to do, why didn't he leave the gun behind or better yet stay in the vehicle until police got there?

More bizarre behavior.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #568 on: July 19, 2012, 06:14:37 am »

Inconsistent, and that will hurt him. But not so bizarre really. He is a pawn caught up in the national divisiveness that Fox foments. They couldn't care less about justice, guilt or humanity. They need this kind of food.

He is sorry for the parents that their son was killed. That doesn't mean he doesn't feel justified in killing him. His lawyer is using Fox to stimulate donations to pay his fees. Its all pretty mercenary.

Conan, the judge/jury decide the trial. Public opinion doesn't. If public opinion mattered....OJ Simpson.  The media have always behaved this way and all the parties involved know their roles.

At least, that's my take.

onward...through the fog
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #569 on: July 19, 2012, 08:36:41 am »

Inconsistent, and that will hurt him. But not so bizarre really. He is a pawn caught up in the national divisiveness that Fox foments. They couldn't care less about justice, guilt or humanity. They need this kind of food.

He is sorry for the parents that their son was killed. That doesn't mean he doesn't feel justified in killing him. His lawyer is using Fox to stimulate donations to pay his fees. Its all pretty mercenary.

Conan, the judge/jury decide the trial. Public opinion doesn't. If public opinion mattered....OJ Simpson.  The media have always behaved this way and all the parties involved know their roles.

At least, that's my take.

Um, how do you pick an IMPARTIAL jury, when all the salacious details have been leaked out to the media?  You do remember a right to a fair and speedy trial, don’t you?  Seriously, how do you seat a fair jury when details a judge may rule inadmissible in court, have been heard by potential jurors?  He can say you can’t consider anything you’ve heard outside the court room, but that still doesn’t quash any prejudice toward the case a juror may have by what they have seen and read outside the courtroom.

It’s only since news became entertainment in the 1990’s this has gone on.  When you need to fill 24 hours worth of space instead of a couple of 30 minute newscasts a day, you tend to beat cases like this to death.  Had this happened in the 1970’s or 1980’s I doubt this would have registered on a national scale.

And TTC- psychotic?   Hi Pot!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 08:38:44 am by Conan71 » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 49   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org