A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:51:45 am
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 49   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "If I had a son, he’d look like Trayvon."  (Read 292561 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #540 on: July 12, 2012, 01:24:39 pm »

I looked through your .pdf and it just seemed to be ballistics data.   Can you link to the psychologist report stating "little hero complex"?

Not a psychologist report and not even an FBI analyst, but rather the investigator from the Sanford PD which everyone has tried to portray as a rinky-dink cop shop.

In an April interview with two FBI agents, Christopher Serino, the Sanford Police Department’s lead investigator on the Martin killing, said that he believed Zimmerman’s actions “were not based on Martin’s skin color rather based on his attire, the total circumstances of the encounter and the previous burglary suspects in the community.”

Serino also “described Zimmerman as overzealous and as having a ‘little hero complex,
’ but not as a racist.” Noting that he had spoken with Zimmerman on numerous occasions and “feels like he knows him fairly well,” Serino said that he believes Zimmerman did not want to be a cop because “cops have a bad reputation and are bullies, but he wants to be a judge.” Serino added that Zimmerman was a “soft guy.”

What are Serino’s creds again, and why is information like this allowed to leak to the media if someone is to receive a fair trial in front of his peers?

I don’t recall fair trial by the media to be Constitutional.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #541 on: July 12, 2012, 01:28:26 pm »

And that sentiment is why we will never agree.   

So, you don't think calling the police is the right thing to do? Vigilante Men!
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #542 on: July 12, 2012, 01:32:33 pm »

So, you don't think calling the police is the right thing to do? Vigilante Men!

Of course it’s the right thing to do.  But is it right to allow an attack to continue when you could have saved someone from grave harm or death while you wait for the PD to arrive?  That’s not being a vigilante or taking justice into your own hands.  It’s not about carrying out vengeance on an attacker, it’s about saving someone else.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #543 on: July 12, 2012, 01:33:48 pm »

Not a psychologist report and not even an FBI analyst, but rather the investigator from the Sanford PD which everyone has tried to portray as a rinky-dink cop shop.

What are Serino’s creds again, and why is information like this allowed to leak to the media if someone is to receive a fair trial in front of his peers?

I don’t recall fair trial by the media to be Constitutional.

What? It wasn't allowed to leak...IT'S PUBLIC INFO....The FBI interviews released on Thursday were part of a mound of pretrial discovery records made public by Special Prosecutor Angela Corey.

There will be a fair trial and I will be able to live with whatever the verdict becomes....
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #544 on: July 12, 2012, 01:34:58 pm »

Of course it’s the right thing to do.  But is it right to allow an attack to continue when you could have saved someone from grave harm or death while you wait for the PD to arrive?  That’s not being a vigilante or taking justice into your own hands.  It’s not about carrying out vengeance on an attacker, it’s about saving someone else.

Hmmm....kinda like why you feel it's necessary to govern over a women's right to choose? Well, this time you're consistent.

Without knowing what has transpired, it's not up to you.
TeeDub
« Reply #545 on: July 12, 2012, 01:47:24 pm »

Hmmm....kinda like why you feel it's necessary to govern over a women's right to choose? Well, this time you're consistent.

Personally it isn't my place to judge what a woman does.   I tend to lean libertarian more and more as I get older.   I tend to believe that we do have an innate duty to help our fellow man by through providing a modicum of health care, food, or protection.   If that involves (in the case above) interrupting a rape and potentially having to shoot the rapist then so be it.  I don't want to shoot someone, nor do I go our looking for fights.   
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #546 on: July 12, 2012, 02:20:59 pm »

Personally it isn't my place to judge what a woman does.   I tend to lean libertarian more and more as I get older.   I tend to believe that we do have an innate duty to help our fellow man by through providing a modicum of health care, food, or protection.   If that involves (in the case above) interrupting a rape and potentially having to shoot the rapist then so be it.  I don't want to shoot someone, nor do I go our looking for fights.   

Agreed in totality. 

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #547 on: July 12, 2012, 02:22:41 pm »

You ignore what I’ve said repeatedly:  In spite of the fact I think abortion is an abomination, I also believe it’s a moral issue between a woman, her doctor, her conscience, and her sense of higher power.  I don’t believe the job of government is to legislate morality.

It’s also genocide against the poor, minorities, and future liberals.  But as long as you are okay with that, it’s all that matters to me.

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #548 on: July 12, 2012, 02:47:44 pm »

You ignore what I’ve said repeatedly:  In spite of the fact I think abortion is an abomination, I also believe it’s a moral issue between a woman, her doctor, her conscience, and her sense of higher power.  I don’t believe the job of government is to legislate morality.

It’s also genocide against the poor, minorities, and future liberals.  But as long as you are okay with that, it’s all that matters to me.

YOU get back in that box!

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #549 on: July 12, 2012, 02:48:24 pm »

Agreed in totality. 

I just wonder how you would react if it were a black woman, a Muslim woman (draped in religious dress), or even if it were a gay rape. I just wonder....
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #550 on: July 12, 2012, 03:12:39 pm »

I just wonder how you would react if it were a black woman, a Muslim woman (draped in religious dress), or even if it were a gay rape. I just wonder....

The same as I would anyone else including you.  And if you were being attacked in a parking lot and someone else intervened on your behalf, I’d hope the first thing out of your mouth isn’t: “You jackass!  You should have called 911 and minded your own bloody business!"

I don’t view humanity through different lenses.  All humans are the same in my book and I tend to look at what is similar, not different in my fellow man or woman. 

I admit, one of my short-falls is I don’t have much patience for people who thrive on making differences an issue in discussion or who seek special privilege or to profit off making differences an issue. 

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #551 on: July 12, 2012, 03:24:36 pm »

I don’t view humanity through different lenses.  All humans are the same in my book and I tend to look at what is similar, not different in my fellow man or woman. 

Except for the Dutch.  They are pale, have squinty little eyes and are up to no good.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #552 on: July 12, 2012, 03:25:12 pm »

The same as I would anyone else including you.  And if you were being attacked in a parking lot and someone else intervened on your behalf, I’d hope the first thing out of your mouth isn’t: “You jackass!  You should have called 911 and minded your own bloody business!"

I purposely avoid getting myself in these type of predicaments. Constantly on the SELF defense.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #553 on: July 12, 2012, 03:54:18 pm »

911 and butt the hell out.

Now THAT is truly sad.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #554 on: July 12, 2012, 03:56:37 pm »

Now THAT is truly sad.

I'm not saying if there's a burglary and beating in the street below me I would remain silent.

Edit: I am not Penn State.... Angry
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 03:59:47 pm by Teatownclown » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 49   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org