A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:31:01 am
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 49   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "If I had a son, he’d look like Trayvon."  (Read 292696 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #495 on: June 12, 2012, 04:31:36 pm »

She's a looker: a tad little white trashy look...the look of evil is in her eyes....

http://thinkprogress.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Shellie-Zimmerman-Arrest-6-12-12.pdf

Misogynist

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #496 on: July 05, 2012, 10:06:09 pm »

Zimmerman Attorney Seeks Donations From People Who Also Would Have Shot Trayvon Martin

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2012/07/05/511620/zimmerman-attorney-seeks-donations-from-people-who-also-would-have-shot-trayvon-martin/

Today, Florida Judge Kenneth Lester set a new bond of $1 million for George Zimmerman. Lester said that Zimmerman, whose bond was originally set at just $150,000, was “manipulating the system” and, but for GPS monitoring, “would have fled the United States with at least $130,000” that he failed to diclose to the court.
In a posting to his website after the new bond was announced, Zimmerman attorney Mark O’Mara sought more donations from people who also would have shot and killed Trayvon Martin:
For those who have given in the past, for those who have thought about giving, for those who feel Mr. Zimmerman was justified in his actions, for those who feel they would do the same if they were in Mr. Zimmerman’s shoes, for those that think Mr. Zimmerman has been treated unfairly by the media, for those who feel Mr. Zimmerman has been falsely accused as a racist, for those who feel this case is an affront to their constitutional rights — now is the time to show your support.
O’Mara said Zimmerman would pay an additional $85,000 to a bail bondsman to secure his release but, combined with other expenses, would wipe out his current legal defense fund.
Previously, Zimmerman apologized to Trayvon Martin’s parents for shooting and killing their son. He said that he thought Martin was older and did not know if he was armed.

Conan, sent your check yet? Guido? Gassie?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #497 on: July 06, 2012, 07:42:15 am »

Nice way for the pinkos at soros.com to spin the headline.

They managed to cobble:

“for those who would have also shot Trayvon Martin”

"for those who feel Mr. Zimmerman was justified in his actions, for those who feel they would do the same if they were in Mr. Zimmerman’s shoes, for those that think Mr. Zimmerman has been treated unfairly by the media, for those who feel Mr. Zimmerman has been falsely accused as a racist,"

Have some young punk you don’t know break your nose and beat your head into the pavement and think about how you would react before you give in to the obvious dooshbaggery of moon bat websites.  Now that more physical evidence has been revealed it looks a whole lot more like Zimmerman may have been justified in defending himself. 

I still don’t agree with him pursuing Martin, but Martin didn’t have to start beating on Zimmerman either.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #498 on: July 06, 2012, 07:57:28 am »

Nice way for the pinkos at soros.com to spin the headline.

They managed to cobble:

“for those who would have also shot Trayvon Martin”

Have some young punk you don’t know break your nose and beat your head into the pavement and think about how you would react before you give in to the obvious dooshbaggery of moon bat websites.  Now that more physical evidence has been revealed it looks a whole lot more like Zimmerman may have been justified in defending himself.  

I still don’t agree with him pursuing Martin, but Martin didn’t have to start beating on Zimmerman either.
\\

Yeah, they spun the intro to the post, but it wasn't by much.

What you leave out of your analysis is the surrounding facts. Do you think the kid might have had concerns about the manner in which Zimmerman approached him? Think this and countless other similar stories might have come to mind? http://gma.yahoo.com/mickey-shunick-case-police-charge-sexual-offender-murder-072018344--abc-news-topstories.html

A high school kid being followed by an adult in a car who was badgering him and pretending to be a cop, who then jumped out of his car and started towards the kid. Whether the gun was visible doesn't even matter. Of course, you defend yourself with zeal. Break his nose, poke his eye, whatever. The one thing my father impressed on me is that if a fight is imminent, and you're concerned about being outsized, outgunned or have limited egress available....make the first punch and make it count.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 08:02:20 am by AquaMan » Logged

onward...through the fog
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #499 on: July 06, 2012, 10:02:22 am »

Ya that's why I start every conversation with a question of aggression. "You got a problem?" No. "Now you do"
I believe that's what was quoted him saying.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #500 on: July 06, 2012, 11:33:38 am »

Ya that's why I start every conversation with a question of aggression. "You got a problem?" No. "Now you do"
I believe that's what was quoted him saying.

Him being?

onward...through the fog
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #501 on: July 06, 2012, 11:33:54 am »

Him being?

Martin

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #502 on: July 06, 2012, 11:48:45 am »

What would you say? "Good morning sir. Why, may I ask, are you dogging me in your car and asking me questions about my presence when you have not identified yourself as a person of authority over my behavior?"

Sorry, if I'm a teenager in that situation I'm more likely to follow my fathers advice. More likely I would have told him to "'f-off".

onward...through the fog
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #503 on: July 06, 2012, 12:27:45 pm »

Even your F-Off is still not trying to act like a Bad A$$ and threatening him or anyone else with violence.
More like a thug than a innocent young man. And look where his Father and your training got him.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #504 on: July 06, 2012, 12:29:05 pm »

Martin GZ

You wish that Zimmeretard will get off....he will be imprisoned. The only question now is for how long.

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #505 on: July 06, 2012, 12:57:30 pm »

Even your F-Off is still not trying to act like a Bad A$$ and threatening him or anyone else with violence.
More like a thug than a innocent young man. And look where his Father and your training got him.

Ever been in that situation? It saved my donkey many times. Funny how bullies crumple when faced with resolute defiance. Unless they have a gun and you don't I guess.

What would you have had the kid do?
a. Just keep walking.
b. Call a friend or police
c. Stand your ground
d. Explain that you're sorry for being black and wearing a hoodie in a private walled off community that has been victimized by petty theft and burglaries.

He did the first three.

onward...through the fog
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #506 on: July 06, 2012, 01:19:36 pm »

Zimmerman made bail. Well, he didn't. His bigot backers did....
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #507 on: July 06, 2012, 01:24:17 pm »

This has "Casey Anthony'd".

No matter how it turns out, no one's going to learn anything from this except for the people directly involved.

If the national news agencies stopped bringing it up, it'd be forgotten in da...ooo, look, a pretty bird.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #508 on: July 06, 2012, 01:26:46 pm »

He is in a tight position. I don't think his act was that of a racist, but that race was truly a factor. Had he been a white kid wearing a sweatshirt this doesn't happen. Had he followed police advice, its a mere footnote.

A friend of mine was a security guard for 15years and thinks Zimmerman was poorly trained or had no training at all. He thinks his response to the kid was way out of line. Surveillance and contact with authorities would have been the proper behavior. If the community knowingly allowed this guy with little or no training to provide an armed security function, I would hold them responsible as well.

onward...through the fog
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #509 on: July 06, 2012, 01:57:05 pm »

At best, Zimmerman was an idiot.

And it is likely worse than that...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 49   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org