A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:40:49 am
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 49   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "If I had a son, he’d look like Trayvon."  (Read 292293 times)
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #465 on: May 18, 2012, 09:11:51 am »

I totally disagree with your aftermath prediction. If justice is served, everyone will learn to live with the verdict. There's no footage of police beating the snot out of a black man and the trial will be held in the same jurisdiction where a crime may have been committed.

I like your optimism. I hope you are right.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #466 on: May 18, 2012, 09:22:17 am »

I totally disagree with your aftermath prediction. If justice is served, everyone will learn to live with the verdict. There's no footage of police beating the snot out of a black man and the trial will be held in the same jurisdiction where a crime may have been committed.

Doesn’t matter.  In case you haven’t noticed racial tensions are pretty high right now and Trayvon Martin has been elevated to the level of martyr.  If the leaders the black community looks up to says it was a travesty of justice, there will be trouble.  Some people don’t believe justice has been served unless it suits the outcome they wanted in the first place.

The King riots had far more to do with race than people vs. cops.  How do you explain white civilians like Reginald Denny being savaged by mobs of black people?

If Zimmerman is acquitted, do you think Trayvon’s parents will believe justice was served?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #467 on: May 18, 2012, 09:24:36 am »

Doesn’t matter.  In case you haven’t noticed racial tensions are pretty high right now and Trayvon Martin has been elevated to the level of martyr.  If the leaders the black community looks up to says it was a travesty of justice, there will be trouble.  Some people don’t believe justice has been served unless it suits the outcome they wanted in the first place.

The King riots had far more to do with race than people vs. cops.  How do you explain white civilians like Reginald Denny being savaged by mobs of black people?

If Zimmerman is acquitted, do you think Trayvon’s parents will believe justice was served?

If you could only read between the lines of your own posts. Roll Eyes
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #468 on: May 18, 2012, 09:30:22 am »

I'm a racist.
I'm a racist.
I'm a racist.

Conan, I think this is what Tea sees "between the lines" of your post.  Vary faint, but if you want to see it, it is there.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #469 on: May 18, 2012, 09:38:10 am »

Conan, I think this is what Tea sees "between the lines" of your post.  Vary faint, but if you want to see it, it is there.

I see empty space.  Was I supposed to see something else?  Why is it facts are like kryptonite to liberals?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #470 on: May 18, 2012, 09:44:04 am »

I see empty space.  Was I supposed to see something else?  Why is it facts are like kryptonite to liberals?

It's something only Teatown can see, but if you highlight the lines with your curser, you just might be able to make it out.

Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #471 on: May 18, 2012, 09:44:43 am »

I figgered you'd see nothing:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PlC72nt3Ww[/youtube]

Cheesy
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #472 on: May 18, 2012, 09:46:28 am »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PlC72nt3Ww[/youtube]

Cheesy

That’s truly relevant.

What say you about Martin’s parents and if they will feel justice was served, should Zimmerman be acquitted?

Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #473 on: May 18, 2012, 10:05:49 am »

I will pass on pre judging the parents response.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #474 on: May 18, 2012, 10:17:37 am »

I will pass on pre judging the parents response.

Actually I think the parents have been pretty good about all of this. Except for being pumped by the predjudice of Jesse and Al.

Happy now?

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #475 on: May 18, 2012, 11:45:30 am »

Looks like "Justice for Trayvon" was served. High on pot and new photos of Zimmerman show a broken nose and two gashes on the back of his head.
Where you at now Jesse and Al?

Even FOX News said there was only evidence of Pot in the amounts that maybe he had used it a day or two before.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #476 on: May 18, 2012, 11:55:19 am »

I figured you'd figure he'd see nothing.

(I can't see you-tube here at work.)

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #477 on: May 18, 2012, 11:55:37 am »

Actually I think the parents have been pretty good about all of this. Except for being pumped by the predjudice of Jesse and Al.

Happy now?

The parents have been very civil and reasonable, even when members of the media have tried to goad them to reaction. Trayvon's mother in particular has been a model strength through an unimaginable tragedy. Unfortunate they had to be subjected to the parasites who want, without regard for justice, to impose their own views for their own sake.

Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #478 on: June 01, 2012, 02:44:11 pm »

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/george-zimmerman-bond-revoked-190108284.html

a pattern of lying emerges....who here contributed?
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #479 on: June 05, 2012, 08:48:46 am »

Wow.... now they're blaming the Treyvon supporters. This guy needs to sit in jail and await the verdict.
Zimmerman Lawyer Admits Zimmerman Misled Court At Bail Hearing, Blames Trayvon Martin Supporters
http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2012/06/04/494783/zimmerman-lawyer-admits-zimmerman-mislead-court-at-bail-hearing-blames-trayvon-martin-supporters/

and in related news: %70 seems high....but Floriduh's over 2/3 red neckie so nothing should sooprise us there....
In Florida, Nearly 70 Percent Of People Who Invoked ‘Stand Your Ground’ Walked Away Scot Free
http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2012/06/03/493908/nearly-one-third-of-shooters-who-invoked-stand-your-ground-walked-away-scot-free/

This thread rocks with guilt!
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 49   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org