A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:00:45 pm
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 49   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "If I had a son, he’d look like Trayvon."  (Read 297021 times)
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #450 on: April 27, 2012, 12:23:49 pm »

Bobby, you're way too slow.  Shocked

Ok I'm not sure where you jumped the track at but the video you posted was quite the head scratcher.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #451 on: April 27, 2012, 12:26:13 pm »

Ok I'm not sure where you jumped the track at but the video you posted was quite the head scratcher.

Head scratchier? You come across as a ball scratchier.... Smiley
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #452 on: April 27, 2012, 12:43:28 pm »

Head scratchier? You come across as a ball scratchier.... Smiley

Wow ! I haven't been Schooled like that since I was about ten.
However will I get over it ?

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #453 on: April 27, 2012, 04:41:00 pm »

let me hep ya out here wit yo gramma.

My Gramma passed away 13 years ago at age 97.

TulsaRufnex
Soccer Curmudgeon
Philanthropist

« Reply #454 on: April 29, 2012, 03:45:49 am »

Dear Republicans,

What part of "Thou shalt not kill" do you fail to comprehend?

GOD.

“Critics are like eunuchs in a harem; they know how it's done, they've seen it done every day, but they're unable to do it themselves.”
― Brendan Behan  http://www.TulsaRoughnecks.com
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #455 on: May 03, 2012, 11:14:17 pm »

A somewhat more clearcut example of a hate crime:

A grand jury has decided not to indict the officer who fatally shot an unarmed chronically ill elderly black man. There will be no trial for Officer Anthony Carelli, who shot Marine veteran Kenneth Chamberlain, Sr.

Carelli, an officer since 2004 who is also on trial in a separate police brutality case, shot Chamberlain Sr. on Nov. 19.  Chamberlain, who suffered from a chronic heart condition and wore a pendant to signal LifeAid, had mistakenly triggered his medical alert that evening—police insisted on entering his apartment, although he said he was fine. Tensions grew as one officer allegedly used the N-word, another officer was reportedly heard yelling, “I need to use your bathroom to pee!" and others were allegedly mocking Chamberlain’s military service after they discovered he was a former Marine.

The lawyer for the family of Chamberlain Sr., who reviewed the LifeAid audiobox recording (which picked up every sound inside the apartment during the fatal confrontation) and the security camera video, said: “The minute they got in the house, they didn’t even give him one command. They never mentioned ‘put your hands up.’ They never told him to lay down on the bed. The first thing they did...you could see the Taser light up...and you could see it going directly toward him.” Police claim Chamberlain was an "emotionally disturbed" man who first appeared to have a hatchet during the standoff, then later came at them with a knife—which wasn't captured on video—when Carelli fired two shots. Chamberlain died a few hours later in surgery from his wounds.

According to The Daily News, Carelli is one of six White Plains officers accused of using excessive force in a $10 million civil lawsuit brought by twin brothers of Jordanian decent who claim Carelli referred to them as “rag heads” while police beat them outside Black Bear Saloon in 2008. One of the brothers was handcuffed to a pole while Carelli allegedly beat him with a baton causing head and eye injuries, the newspaper said.

However, Carelli said in a deposition that one of the brothers was hitting his own head against a partition in the police car. Carelli said he had to pin the brother to the ground, with the help of other officers, after he became belligerent and tried to escape the officers.

McLaughlin said that transcripts from the Westchester County District Attorney’s Office of audio recordings of the night Chamberlain was killed, reveal Officer Steven Hart as the officer who said to Chamberlain, “Stop, we have to talk ni**er” before police broke down his door.

Janet DiFiore acknowledged Thursday that one officer used a racial epithet to distract Chamberlain.

“My family and I are profoundly saddened at the fact that there was no indictment in the murder of Kenneth Chamberlain Sr.,” the victim's son Kenneth Chamberlain Jr. said in the statement. “I have a hard time putting my trust in a system that I feel has failed me already.” The family has also said the medical examiner’s autopsy report’s description of the path of the bullet shows that Chamberlain could not have been raising his arm to stab an officer when he was shot.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #456 on: May 09, 2012, 10:24:50 pm »

"Guns don't kill people, hoodies do..." Geraldo Rivera

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #457 on: May 09, 2012, 10:37:25 pm »

I knew it!!!   Mark Zuckerberg is a criminal!!!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
dbacks fan
« Reply #458 on: May 11, 2012, 02:27:03 am »

How about a neo-nazi, white supremeist, border vigalante not wanted by the minute-men malitia, that hates hispanics, moves into and freeloads of the family and then executes them, and thank god himself.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/gilbert/articles/2012/05/03/20120503gilbert-shooting-before-bloodshed-signs-abuse-home.html

http://www.azcentral.com/community/gilbert/articles/2012/05/02/20120502gilbert-mass-shooting-white-supremacist-jt-ready-left-tracks-politics.html

One of his victims was 15 months old.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/gilbert/articles/2012/05/04/20120504gilbert-shooting-baby-girl-lilly-mederos-dad-abrk.html
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 02:48:10 am by dbacks fan » Logged
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #459 on: May 11, 2012, 07:22:00 am »

How about a neo-nazi, white supremeist, border vigalante not wanted by the minute-men malitia, that hates hispanics, moves into and freeloads of the family and then executes them, and thank god himself.

One of his victims was 15 months old.

Horrible.

Nothing as despicable on this planet as someone who hurts children.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #460 on: May 17, 2012, 05:42:18 pm »

Is this going to be the Duke case Florida style? Who knows.

"Zimmerman was also bleeding from the nose and the back of his head," Officer Ricardo Ayala wrote.

Another officer wrote, "I saw that Zimmerman's face was bloodied and it appeared to me that his nose was broken."

Witnesses, whose names were redacted from the report, also lent support to Zimmerman's version of what happened.

"He witnesses a black male, wearing a dark colored 'hoodie' on top of a white or Hispanic male and throwing punches 'MMA (mixed martial arts) style,'" the police report of the witness said. "He then heard a pop. He stated that after hearing the pop, he observed the person he had previously observed on top of the other person (the male wearing the hoodie) laid out on the grass."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/cops-witnesses-back-george-zimmermans-version/story?id=16371852#.T7WLDMX4L3Y

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #461 on: May 18, 2012, 08:51:30 am »

Looks like "Justice for Trayvon" was served. High on pot and new photos of Zimmerman show a broken nose and two gashes on the back of his head.
Where you at now Jesse and Al?

Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #462 on: May 18, 2012, 09:00:29 am »

Let's not rule out Zimmerman's time in the jail house....other inmates being held? Bad cops?

Let's let justice prevail. Please quit attacking Al and Jesse ....makes you appear prejudiced.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #463 on: May 18, 2012, 09:05:55 am »

Zimmerman is still going to have a hard time beating at least 2nd degree manslaughter if the jury thinks he instigated the incident by not remaining in his vehicle in the first place. 

Here’s the logic: If Trayvon thought he was in danger, he also had a right to protect himself.  What the jury is going to have to decide is did the altercation start with Zimmerman getting out of his vehicle to follow Martin on foot or did Martin start the altercation by attacking Zimmerman?

In either case, Zimmerman had a clear right to protect himself when he came under attack from Martin, but if his actions are seen as what instigated it, he’s screwed.

Either way, we all lose.  If he’s acquitted, expect rioting on the magnitude of LA and Long Beach 20 years ago.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #464 on: May 18, 2012, 09:09:39 am »

I totally disagree with your aftermath prediction. If justice is served, everyone will learn to live with the verdict. There's no footage of police beating the snot out of a black man and the trial will be held in the same jurisdiction where a crime may have been committed.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 49   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org