A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:19:33 am
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 49   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "If I had a son, he’d look like Trayvon."  (Read 292366 times)
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #390 on: April 18, 2012, 06:47:08 am »

And I don't want twentysomethings to sacrifice their Pell Grants

You haven't complained about Pell Grants for months.  Have you been ill?

BTW, if my un-armed son was murdered by a neighborhood watch guy who claimed "self defense," I'd DEMAND he be arrested... and I'd DEMAND a jury trial.  

Just because someone DEMANDS something doesn't always make it the right thing to do.

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #391 on: April 18, 2012, 07:21:09 am »

You haven't complained about Pell Grants for months.  Have you been ill?

Just because someone DEMANDS something doesn't always make it the right thing to do.

It's an entitlement thing. . .

Any time someone offers a segue for Ruff to go off on his minimum wage meme he's going to take it.  Those who demand constant increases in minimum wage are always the least to benefit from it.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Ct1Moeaa-W8[/youtube]

I'm going to go DEMAND a cup of coffee now. Wink

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #392 on: April 18, 2012, 01:33:10 pm »

The judge just quit. http://www.wtop.com/?nid=209&sid=2822392

TulsaRufnex
Soccer Curmudgeon
Philanthropist

« Reply #393 on: April 18, 2012, 08:45:49 pm »

You haven't complained about Pell Grants for months.  Have you been ill?

No.  I just no longer feel the need to argue politics with a gaggle of self assured conservative partisan hacks on a sleepy little forum.
And yes... I don't want some kid in college to have to go through some of the crap I had to endure during the Reagan administration...

Ummm.  Never said that.  You might want to take a break from putting words in my mouth to examine what I actually said.

"...if my un-armed son was murdered by a neighborhood watch guy who claimed "self defense," I'd DEMAND he be arrested... and I'd DEMAND a jury trial."  

« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 08:49:43 pm by TulsaRufnex » Logged

“Critics are like eunuchs in a harem; they know how it's done, they've seen it done every day, but they're unable to do it themselves.”
― Brendan Behan  http://www.TulsaRoughnecks.com
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #394 on: April 18, 2012, 09:14:06 pm »

No.  I just no longer feel the need to argue politics with a gaggle of self assured conservative partisan hacks on a sleepy little forum.
And yes... I don't want some kid in college to have to go through some of the crap I had to endure during the Reagan administration...

Just take some comfort that someone more needy than you was able to get some of the remaining money.  There will always be a cutoff line.  That time you were above it.  I believe you have stated in the past that you did get your college degree.

Ummm.  Never said that.  You might want to take a break from putting words in my mouth to examine what I actually said.
"...if my un-armed son was murdered by a neighborhood watch guy who claimed "self defense," I'd DEMAND he be arrested... and I'd DEMAND a jury trial."  

Ummmm....   would you care to explain how "Just because someone DEMANDS something doesn't always make it the right thing to do." is putting words in your mouth.  You wrote that you would make two DEMANDs.  You even quoted yourself.   Without further details, we don't know if those demands are justified.  Could be they are, but not necessarily.  It would appear that you are buying into trial by media.

TulsaRufnex
Soccer Curmudgeon
Philanthropist

« Reply #395 on: April 18, 2012, 09:29:15 pm »

It's an entitlement thing. . .
Any time someone offers a segue for Ruff to go off on his minimum wage meme he's going to take it.  Those who demand constant increases in minimum wage are always the least to benefit from it.

"Constant increases?"   How 'bout once every two or three years based on the cost of living?
It is about FAIRNESS and simple HUMAN DECENCY.

"The least to benefit from it?"  Yeah, right... the lowest percentage the annual income from the minimum wage has been of the poverty level was 2006, just before Congress raised it for the first time in a decade. This is the longest period during which the minimum wage has not been adjusted.

When you freeze minimum wage for 10 years, it penalizes and hurts people who can least afford to be penalized and hurt.  And their children.
Sorry you lack a soul.

Maybe when you strike it rich, you'll donate $$$ to establish schools dedicated to "Early Childhood Networking"... so kids can get inspired to sell more girl scout cookies, grow up to be used car salesmen, and discover "there's a sucker born every minute".... guess that's what life is all about... go figure.   Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 10:00:52 pm by TulsaRufnex » Logged

“Critics are like eunuchs in a harem; they know how it's done, they've seen it done every day, but they're unable to do it themselves.”
TulsaRufnex
Soccer Curmudgeon
Philanthropist

« Reply #396 on: April 18, 2012, 09:44:43 pm »

Just take some comfort that someone more needy than you was able to get some of the remaining money.  There will always be a cutoff line.  That time you were above it.  I believe you have stated in the past that you did get your college degree.

Ummmm....   would you care to explain how "Just because someone DEMANDS something doesn't always make it the right thing to do." is putting words in your mouth.  You wrote that you would make two DEMANDs.  You even quoted yourself.   Without further details, we don't know if those demands are justified.  Could be they are, but not necessarily.  It would appear that you are buying into trial by media.

Privatizing student loans and slashing pell grants do NOT stimulate the economy.
That held true when I benefited from college financial aid, and decades later when I had no use for college financial aid...

As for the rest of your post:  What are you babbling on about? 

Oy.  Continue to count how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.... when my child is dead, I will DEMAND justice and my day in court.
The killer should be arrested and the dead kid's family should have their day in court.  Media circus be damned.
How this simple cry for justice could devolve into conservative arguments centered around "white victimhood" is beyond my ability to comprehend, much less empathize. 

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #397 on: April 18, 2012, 10:00:23 pm »

Privatizing student loans and slashing pell grants do NOT stimulate the economy.
That held true when I benefited from college financial aid, and decades later when I had no use for college financial aid...

I said nothing about stimulating the economy.  Some things we just cannot or will not afford.

As for the rest of your post:  What are you babbling on about? 
Oy.  Continue to count how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.... when my child is dead, I will DEMAND justice and my day in court.
The killer should be arrested and the dead kid's family should have their day in court.  Media circus be damned.
How this simple cry for justice could devolve into conservative arguments centered around "white victimhood" is beyond my ability to comprehend, much less empathize. 

What you didn't say was that your unarmed kid is a martial arts student and the armed person is a 50 yr old with COPD.  Just a for instance.  Demanding justice is not the same as demanding that a particular person be arrested.  My comments have nothing to do with "white victimhood".  You can stop putting words into my posts.  A lawyer friend once told me that justice is the impartial application of the law, or something close to that.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #398 on: April 18, 2012, 10:04:45 pm »

"Constant increases?"   How 'bout once every two or three years based on the cost of living?
It is about FAIRNESS and simple HUMAN DECENCY.

Now I'm curious.  How well do you think someone should be able to live working 40 hrs/week on minimum wage?  I expect our thoughts will be different in this area.  For now, ignore whether or not the worker is lazy, unskilled, or just plain unlucky from no cause of their own.

TulsaRufnex
Soccer Curmudgeon
Philanthropist

« Reply #399 on: April 18, 2012, 10:13:34 pm »

What we can't afford is another decade of Bush tax cuts and unfunded wars...... Trayvon's killer should be arrested... a jury should decide whether the killer acted in self defense.
Freezing the federal minimum wage for 8 or 10 years at a time is wrong.

Simple, eh.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #400 on: April 19, 2012, 05:34:48 am »

Simple, eh.

I guess you are just to simple minded for me.

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #401 on: April 19, 2012, 06:20:50 am »

I guess you are just to simple minded for me.

Nothing you can say or exemplify will evolve his thinking. 

Someone owes him.  The boss, the government, the rich, the guy next door, Bush, Reagan, someone, anyone. 

His life is not his own.  He is owned.

I don't think he is simple minded, I just think he is angry.

TulsaRufnex
Soccer Curmudgeon
Philanthropist

« Reply #402 on: April 19, 2012, 07:36:57 am »

Nothing you can say or exemplify will evolve his thinking.  

Someone owes him.  The boss, the government, the rich, the guy next door, Bush, Reagan, someone, anyone.  

His life is not his own.  He is owned.

I don't think he is simple minded, I just think he is angry.

Gas, you're about as un-evolved as anyone I've ever read.... which is why I no longer have interest in your farsical posts.... my quote...

I don't want twentysomethings to sacrifice their Pell Grants and be stuck with privatized student loans with crippling compounded interest just to satisfy your socio-economic tribe's flat tax obsession, wealth entitlement dogma, and delusions of being "job creators" while minimum wage is frozen every time another GOP administration is in power.... btw, you've never PAID for a damned thing for me, dude... I went without seeing a doctor for almost twenty years of my life--- and lived to tell the tale... so stop deluding yourself, punk.  

The biggest hoax ever perpetrated on the American public is not global warming... it's supply-side economics...

BTW, if my un-armed son was murdered by a neighborhood watch guy who claimed "self defense," I'd DEMAND he be arrested... and I'd DEMAND a jury trial.  

End of story.

If you think my opinion constitutes an inflated sense of personal "entitlement," you are no better than the robber barons or union bashers and their wannabes and apologists from a previous century.

You cannot call out a group claiming “special rights” when they DEMAND the same rights you enjoy.  

When one speaks of "trial by media," I remember "trial by Eddie Gaylord and the Daily Oklahoman."

And I look in disgust upon "trial by Breitbart," and "trial by conservative social media."

If we insist there was no injustice when Zimmerman wasn't arrested within a month after he murdered an unarmed teenager.... our grandchildren will look at us with the same embarrassment we look at our racist grandparents who swept the Tulsa "riots" under the rug...

« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 07:51:22 am by TulsaRufnex » Logged

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #403 on: April 19, 2012, 08:02:56 am »

What we can't afford is another decade of Bush tax cuts and unfunded wars...... Trayvon's killer should be arrested... a jury should decide whether the killer acted in self defense.
Freezing the federal minimum wage for 8 or 10 years at a time is wrong.

Simple, eh.

You aren’t very keen on current events, are you?  Wars are winding down and President Obama swears he’s going to raise taxes.  Zimmerman has been arrested and is awaiting trial.

I assume if Obama is re-elected and he neglects to get taxes raised in the next 4 1/2 years it will still be Bush, Bush, & Reagan’s fault?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #404 on: April 19, 2012, 11:40:03 am »

You aren’t very keen on current events, are you?  Wars are winding down and President Obama swears he’s going to raise taxes.  Zimmerman has been arrested and is awaiting trial.

I assume if Obama is re-elected and he neglects to get taxes raised in the next 4 1/2 years it will still be Bush, Bush, & Reagan’s fault?

Nice try, but it will be the Teabagger/GOP obstinacy that gets us fawked. Look forward?
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 49   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org