A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:44:31 pm
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 49   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "If I had a son, he’d look like Trayvon."  (Read 292414 times)
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #300 on: April 06, 2012, 04:50:42 pm »

I know I would have said the same thing if I were walking around outside when the temperature was in the low to mid 60s.

I know what your saying. I visited friends in Lauderdale in December years ago. And it was 44 degrees outside. I never seen people put on so many clothes like they did. I wore a t-shirt and shorts and they thought I was crazy.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #301 on: April 06, 2012, 06:40:32 pm »

Long Live Zimmerman...

COLUMBUS, Ohio (CBS Cleveland/AP) — Officials say graffiti spray painted on the wall of a black cultural center at Ohio State University likely stems from the nationwide unrest over the fatal shooting of a black Florida teenager.

The graffiti painted early Thursday said “Long Live Zimmerman.” Columbus media outlets report that officials believe it’s a reference to George Zimmerman, the neighborhood-watch captain accused of killing 17-year-old Trayvon Martin in Sanford, Fla., in February.

http://cleveland.cbslocal.com/2012/04/06/long-live-zimmerman-spray-painted-on-ohio-states-black-cultural-center/

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #302 on: April 06, 2012, 11:18:28 pm »

Wow.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #303 on: April 07, 2012, 02:40:10 pm »

Wow.

Figures you would be the one with his panties wadded up over someone exercising those ugly free speech rights.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #304 on: April 07, 2012, 03:16:13 pm »

Figures you would be the one with his panties wadded up over someone exercising those ugly free speech rights.

So now the term 'wow = 'panties in a wad'.  Wonder what you'd have to do to be full-on rage, at least in your eyes.

wow..wait,what?

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #305 on: April 07, 2012, 03:24:34 pm »

So now the term 'wow = 'panties in a wad'.  Wonder what you'd have to do to be full-on rage, at least in your eyes.

wow..wait,what?

Full on rage would be getting one's "Hoss in a wad".  Wait a minute, I kinda like that one.  "Hoss's"?

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #306 on: April 07, 2012, 03:49:14 pm »

Full on rage would be getting one's "Hoss in a wad".  Wait a minute, I kinda like that one.  "Hoss's"?

Stick to your day job...err...yeah, stick to your day job.  There are plenty of jokes to come out of that.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #307 on: April 07, 2012, 04:19:07 pm »

Last I checked, the First Amendment doesn't protect the defacement of other people's property.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #308 on: April 07, 2012, 04:33:03 pm »

Last I checked, the First Amendment doesn't protect the defacement of other people's property.

Funny how an 'attorney' wouldn't see that.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #309 on: April 07, 2012, 04:44:13 pm »

Stick to your day job...err...yeah, stick to your day job.

ooooo. ya got me...

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #310 on: April 07, 2012, 04:47:49 pm »

Where oh where were you guys when it was so vogue when the pee partiers and unions were out trashing our neighborhoods, public parks, buildings, cities....Oh I remember, that was "democracy". Funny how an ideologue can't see that...

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #311 on: April 07, 2012, 05:13:25 pm »

Where oh where were you guys when it was so vogue when the pee partiers and unions were out trashing our neighborhoods, public parks, buildings, cities....Oh I remember, that was "democracy". Funny how an ideologue can't see that...

I don't believe I ever condoned defacement of property by OWS folks or anyone else. Nice try, though!

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #312 on: April 08, 2012, 08:46:51 pm »

I’ve got a different spin er take.  The graffiti artists are Bob Dylan fans.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #313 on: April 09, 2012, 02:21:47 pm »

Developing. . .
http://miami.cbslocal.com/2012/04/09/grand-jury-will-not-hear-trayvon-martin-case/

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #314 on: April 09, 2012, 02:36:06 pm »

Doesn't mean charges won't be filed.  And in many cases like this I've been told, the Grand Jury is bypassed.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 49   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org