A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 03:19:47 pm
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 49   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "If I had a son, he’d look like Trayvon."  (Read 296988 times)
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #270 on: April 03, 2012, 09:57:25 pm »

If you haven't listened to all of Zimmerman's call to the police, you really should. I'm embarrassed to say that the audio I had previously listened to was also edited. Now I know.

http://www.sanfordfl.gov/investigation/911/call1.wav

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #271 on: April 03, 2012, 10:03:34 pm »

This story, just as predicted by this clown, might be the match that starts everything burning.... imagine the picture of injustice for so many poor people who can't afford to have their own judge come in and intimidate loser cops. Amazing and then again not so much in todaze Amerika.

I'm beginning to see most Judges as filthy politicians...this magistrate is real dishonest for lying as he failed to disclose he was a Judge. Now that's a dirtbag.

EXCLUSIVE: Trayvon Martin Family Attorney Raises Questions About The Role Of George Zimmerman’s Father
http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2012/04/03/457593/trayvonmartin-family-attorney-questions-robert-zimmerman/
In an interview with ThinkProgress, Martin family attorney Natalie Jackson raised serious questions about the role of George Zimmerman’s father, Robert Zimmerman, in the case.
Specifically, Jackson pointed to Robert Zimmerman’s presence during police questioning of his son. The New York Times reported the following:
The day after the shooting, George Zimmerman, according to his father, returned with at least three police officers to the Retreat at Twin Lakes, back to that grassy area where plaintive cries for help had gone unanswered. The investigators, accompanied by someone with a video camera, wanted him to re-enact the events of the night when the two strangers had stood their ground.
Mr. Zimmerman’s father watched from nearby.
Jackson noted that Robert Zimmerman was a retired magistrate judge who “issued warrants” and knows “what probable cause needs to be” to justify an arrest. His presence at the questioning, according to Jackson, was unusual and potentially inappropriate because “we don’t know what coaching went on.”
In an interview with Fox 35 Orlando, Robert Zimmerman, speaking of his son’s conduct, said “If a law enforcement officer presented those facts to me and requested a warrant, he would absolutely be denied.” Robert Zimmerman’s unusual role could help explain how George Zimmerman avoided arrest despite the recommendation of the lead homicide investigator that he be charged with manslaughter.
Seperately, Ben Crump, Jackson’s co-council, sent a letter to the U.S. Deputy Attorney General urging him to investigate a number of irregularities in the conduct of local authorities. Crump wrote that he believed “family members of shooter George Zimmerman were present at the police department” the night Trayvon Martin was killed.
Robert Zimmerman appeared to acknowledge he had spoken to the police and the state’s attorney in the case. In his Fox 35 interview, he said, “No one knew I was a retired magistrate judge. I didn’t mention it to the police. I didn’t mention it to the state attorney’s office.” He did not elaborate on the substance of his conversations with the police or prosecutors.
Jackson noted that Robert Zimmerman has made several claims about his son’s conduct that have turned out to be “not credible.” For example, in a letter to the Orlando Sentinel, he flatly stated that at “no time did George follow or confront Mr. Martin.” Subsequently, the 911 tapes were released and revealed that George Zimmerman acknowledged chasing Trayvon Martin.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 10:05:56 pm by Teatownclown » Logged
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #272 on: April 03, 2012, 10:13:58 pm »

This story, just as predicted by this clown, might be the match that starts everything burning.... imagine the picture of injustice for so many poor people who can't afford to have their own judge come in and intimidate loser cops. Amazing and then again not so much in todaze Amerika.

I'm beginning to see most Judges as filthy politicians...this magistrate is real dishonest for lying as he failed to disclose he was a Judge. Now that's a dirtbag.

Well geez, I guess if Natalie Jackson, yes THE Natalie Jackson, has a problem with Zimmerman's dad then there goes the justice system...

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #273 on: April 03, 2012, 10:19:30 pm »

yes THE Natalie Jackson,

??  I guess I just hang out with the wrong crowds.  Besides the latest, what is she famous about?

Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #274 on: April 03, 2012, 10:21:44 pm »

Well geez, I guess if Natalie Jackson, yes THE Natalie Jackson, has a problem with Zimmerman's dad then there goes the justice system...

THE Natalie Jackson was Neal Cassidy's girlfriend.

But you are referring to A Natalie Jackson http://www.wtgfirm.com/natalie_jackson.asp who has been hired as one of the counsel to Martin's family and who will be a major player in this unfolding drama that will make the OJ trial look like peanuts.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #275 on: April 03, 2012, 10:23:12 pm »

If the elder Zimmerman had announced his retired magistrate status, he would have been accused of trying to influence the proceedings.
Can't win.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #276 on: April 03, 2012, 10:29:18 pm »

THE Natalie Jackson was Neal Cassidy's girlfriend.

But you are referring to A Natalie Jackson http://www.wtgfirm.com/natalie_jackson.asp who has been hired as one of the counsel to Martin's family and who will be a major player in this unfolding drama that will make the OJ trial look like peanuts.

Without Google, I'd be drawing a total blank on all 3 of these names.

this unfolding drama that will make the OJ trial look like peanuts.

Because the races are reversed?

Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #277 on: April 03, 2012, 10:30:59 pm »

If the elder Zimmerman had announced his retired magistrate status, he would have been accused of trying to influence the proceedings.
Can't win.

What do you mean "would have been?"

He's already influenced history by not staying out of this.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #278 on: April 03, 2012, 10:32:23 pm »

??  I guess I just hang out with the wrong crowds.  Besides the latest, what is she famous about?

Not a damned thing. That's the point. She's a nobody mouthpiece for the Martin family that apparently has mega-suck with the justice system in aox's world.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #279 on: April 03, 2012, 10:38:46 pm »

Without Google, I'd be drawing a total blank on all 3 of these names.

Because the races are reversed?

No. RACE HAS LITTLE TO DO WITH THIS! It's about injustice, favor-ability, pathetic laws, and crappy law enforcement.

I don't even believe the hate crime aspect of this needs further examination. The Grand Jury should let that issue go away. Just go for the
Sanford P.D.'s juggler vein.

You must realize by now this type of bias has supported the Prison Industrial Complex for years and continues to be an enormous burden on us taxpayers.  Huh Cry Ever wonder why there is a disproportionate number of African Americans in prison?

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #280 on: April 04, 2012, 05:49:37 am »

No. RACE HAS LITTLE TO DO WITH THIS!

That would certainly explain why there has been NO EMPHASIS AT ALL on the pesky details that the kid was black and the shooter is white.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #281 on: April 04, 2012, 05:50:15 am »

That would certainly explain why there has been NO EMPHASIS AT ALL on the pesky details that the kid was black and the shooter is white.

Maybe there wouldn't have been as much had the Sanford PD not had a history with it.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #282 on: April 04, 2012, 06:49:15 am »

Maybe there wouldn't have been as much had the Sanford PD not had a history with it.

That is a possibility but to say "race has little to do with this" is still inaccurate.

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #283 on: April 04, 2012, 07:50:18 am »

Wait, Wait...How all of the sudden do we know the "History" of the Sanford and Son Police department ? I dont live there, I have never lived there, My family or friends have never lived there. So what are we to base that on ? spoon fed media info or a wikipedia search ?

My opinion is that all Police Departments are corrupt to a extent. It's human nature. Very hard to have that much power over lowly law breakers and control it.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #284 on: April 04, 2012, 07:54:18 am »

Wait, Wait...How all of the sudden do we know the "History" of the Sanford and Son Police department ? I dont live there, I have never lived there, My family or friends have never lived there. So what are we to base that on ? spoon fed media info or a wikipedia search ?

My opinion is that all Police Departments are corrupt to a extent. It's human nature. Very hard to have that much power over lowly law breakers and control it.

Wikipedia in this instance.  And sources are cited.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanford_Police_Department_(Florida)#Misconduct

So while bemoaning the 'oh, it's Wikipedia so you KNOW it's right', consider the fact that all those referenced in that section are cited with the 'spoon fed' media reports.

Roll Eyes

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 49   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org