A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:59:15 am
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 49   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "If I had a son, he’d look like Trayvon."  (Read 292596 times)
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #255 on: April 03, 2012, 03:04:52 pm »

Have we discussed the new enhanced photos of Zimmers bloody head ?

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #256 on: April 03, 2012, 04:16:27 pm »

The neighbors claim that there have been 15 burglaries recently and all were done by young black men.

As I understand it, most of them are unsolved.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #257 on: April 03, 2012, 04:28:14 pm »

Have we discussed the new enhanced photos of Zimmers bloody head ?

More interesting is how the enhanced video still fails to show any apparent blood spatter from when Zimmerman shot the person who was sitting on top of him inflicting the grievous injuries you see on the video.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #258 on: April 03, 2012, 04:51:23 pm »

More interesting is how the enhanced video still fails to show any apparent blood spatter from when Zimmerman shot the person who was sitting on top of him inflicting the grievous injuries you see on the video.

Has there been any information of what caliber weapon was used ? a 22 as compared to a 357 would make a difference in the amount of blood shed from the victim.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #259 on: April 03, 2012, 05:11:47 pm »

The neighbors claim that there have been 15 burglaries recently and all were done by young black men.

How exactly do they know that? Or do they assume that?

Zimmerman told them so.

onward...through the fog
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #260 on: April 03, 2012, 05:36:32 pm »

Has there been any information of what caliber weapon was used ? a 22 as compared to a 357 would make a difference in the amount of blood shed from the victim.

The police report identifies the weapon as a "black Kel-Tek 9mm PF9 semi auto handgun".

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #261 on: April 03, 2012, 05:39:44 pm »

And according to several reports I read Zimmerman did call the cops 40 some odd times (since 2004, averaging once a month in the twelve most recent months.

You said 40 times in eight years and I said 41 times in eight weeks. According to the Orlando Sentinel, we were both wrong.

Records show Zimmerman, 28, called the cops 46 times between January 2011 and Feb. 26.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-03-19/news/os-trayvon-martin-shooting-george-zimmerman-911-20120319_1_neighborhood-county-sheriff-s-office-crime-watch

Power is nothing till you use it.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #262 on: April 03, 2012, 06:15:01 pm »

The police report identifies the weapon as a "black Kel-Tek 9mm PF9 semi auto handgun".

Does it matter that the gun was black?

Interesting wording from the Orlando Sentinel considering the NBC release:

On Feb. 26, Zimmerman called the non-emergency line to report a suspicious person — Trayvon Martin.

Zimmerman mentioned the break-ins, reported a young black male in his neighborhood who he didn't recognize and thought was acting suspiciously.

I didn't see a link to the police report.   Nevermind.... you trickily put it in the words police report.  Hidden in plain sight.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 06:26:06 pm by Red Arrow » Logged

erfalf
City Father

« Reply #263 on: April 03, 2012, 06:54:00 pm »

You said 40 times in eight years and I said 41 times in eight weeks. According to the Orlando Sentinel, we were both wrong.

Records show Zimmerman, 28, called the cops 46 times between January 2011 and Feb. 26.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-03-19/news/os-trayvon-martin-shooting-george-zimmerman-911-20120319_1_neighborhood-county-sheriff-s-office-crime-watch

Perfect illustration on how nobody can really figure out what happened. I wasn't trying to mislead you Michael, it is just difficult to pinpoint "the facts".

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #264 on: April 03, 2012, 07:27:07 pm »

That's an average of nearly once a week..

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #265 on: April 03, 2012, 07:35:33 pm »

That's an average of nearly once a week..

Must be a targeted neighborhood.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #266 on: April 03, 2012, 07:40:02 pm »

Must be a targeted neighborhood.

Or a wannabe vigilante.  Or both.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

TeeDub
« Reply #267 on: April 03, 2012, 08:19:41 pm »

Or a wannabe vigilante.  Or both.

More likely paranoid  than vigilante.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #268 on: April 03, 2012, 08:34:19 pm »

More likely paranoid  than vigilante.

But really, doesn't vigilantism spurn itself from paranoia?  Or at the very most being victimized?

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #269 on: April 03, 2012, 08:40:58 pm »

But really, doesn't vigilantism spurn itself from paranoia?  Or at the very most being victimized?

No victims usually results in low levels of vigilantism.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 49   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org